Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pioneer Head Unit Wiring Confusion (Blue & blue/white wires)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 11:35 PM
clayestes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer Head Unit Wiring Confusion (Blue & blue/white wires)

Hey everyone,

This is my first post. I just bought my 350z on Feb. 4th and I have been having issues with the radio reception. I found out that it was because one of the previous owners didn't connect the antenna amp wire. So now I am stuck with a few wires that I am not 100% sure on where they go. So I would really appreciate any help/advice. Also I don't have any of the manuals/instructions and I tried doing as much research as I could but it seemed like just about everyone said it is a color by color match up, which makes sense...but as you will see in the pictures there are 2 wires that have me stuck! If it matters, the head unit I have is the Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS. Also I put notes under the pictures explaining what they are, hopefully they are clear enough and what I am saying makes sense! If it doesn't I apologize as it is 2:30 am and I'm pretty tired. Let me know if I need more information or pictures and thank you in advance for any help.

Pioneer Harness with blue and white wire (only wire that is blue).

This is the blue wire on the 350z harness that I know connects to the green antenna amp wire from the car.

But there is also this blue and white wire that connects to a light blue wire on the main car harness, but it was not connected to the pioneer harness. So I know I need to hook up the antenna amp to something, but also in the back of my head I would think this should be connected to the blue/white wire from the pioneer harness....

So should I just connect the solid blue wire (antenna amp) to the blue/white wire on the pioneer harness and leave the other blue/white one off or vice versa?

Also...this was on the pioneer harness and yellow/black and purple/white wire connected together is that correctly wired?

Old 02-27-2017, 06:42 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I just googled the unit. First link was to pioneer website. There is a link to manuals and the pdf is there to download. That should help
Old 02-27-2017, 06:52 AM
clayestes

Originally Posted by beezee
I just googled the unit. First link was to pioneer website. There is a link to manuals and the pdf is there to download. That should help
Thanks for the response! I remember trying to look through the online manual and didn't see anything about the wiring but I could have definitely missed it. For some reason the pioneer website wasn't loading for me last and or today...I have no idea why but I did just quickly Google "pioneer wiring harness diagram" which was stupid for me not to do it sooner lol but it looks like the blue/white wire on the harness is to power the antenna amp so I'll give that a try when I get home. I'm still curious what the blue/white wire on the 350z harness goes to...if anyone has any ideas id appreciate it! Thanks
Old 02-27-2017, 07:19 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

1 is for power antenna
1 is for remote turn on for the amplifier
Old 02-27-2017, 10:25 AM
clayestes

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to try it out tonight.