Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

Pioneer Nav System Finally Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 02:14 PM
KJ-350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks! where did you get yours at? $280 is by far the best price I've found on that one so far!!!! please let me know, would like to get one!

Originally posted by rouxeny
Hmm, cost, a good question.

Nav unit $900
Screen $280
Jensen RF mod $40
Concept DVD player $180
Brackets and faceplate x 2 $80
Assorted cables (video, audio, fiber optic), installation, etc ~$400

There's also the added cost of
Farenheit DVD player $180
Duplicate Pioneer speaker and converter $110

Hopefully I'll get some of that money back.

I thought about getting some form of a universal remote. That would be fine for the screen and DVD remotes, but the nav one is kind of specific and it'd be hard to duplicate the buttons

KJ-350, those pics aren't of the correct screen.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:59 AM
rouxeny

Just a little update on the system. I've grown very accustomed to the nav and pretty much have the basic map on at all times. I don't have the opportunity to drive to all that many places that I'm not familiar with, but the nav has shown me some alternate routes to the typical places I do go. The voice recognition is really only good when you get to say "New Destination" followed by "Return Home." I would judge it's accuracy as better than average, but no A+.

The DVD player is good, I'm still trying to figure out the Farenheit screen. Basically, the directions that come with it are only useful as emergency toilet paper. The remote has plenty of buttons, but it's kind of tough to figure out exactly what each one does.

Overall, very satisfied.

I still haven't gotten the brackets for the DVD player, I'll have to stop at Nissan today.

Victor, if you read this, Newington, this Saturday. I think my car will be pretty dirty, but hopefully some people will show.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:15 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andrew, I drove down the Pike this past Saturday at about 10:00PM and it was packed. Couldn't park in Dunkin Donuts. Had to be careful, there were cops all over. At one point I think I saw 4 cars pulled over. If the weather holds up Saturday, I'll go.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:06 PM
rouxeny

The latest update.

Still no brackets, supposedly, still on national back order.

I would like to make a comment regarding the Kenwood touchscreen. The major reason I didn't want the Kenwood nav was because of fingerprints. Let me tell you, they'd be a pain. Cleaning the screen over and over again would really get to me.

There's an option on the Fareneheit to make it come on when the car starts. Again, the instructions aren't all that hot.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:18 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rouxeny,

Could you measure and advise the size of the opening on the nav faceplate? I've got a DVD player I want to mount there, and trying to decide if I buy the Nissan nav faceplate, or just start cutting away on my mailslot door.

Were the brackets a separate ordering item?

Lastly, I think there is a mounting plate that gets attached at the bottom of the opening to hold the faceplate. Was this also a separate ordering item?

Thanks,

Scaf
Old 03-27-2003, 06:20 AM
rouxeny

Um, I'll try to find exact dimensions when I get home. The brackets and the faceplate seem to fit standard DIN sized units. I did a lot of research to find out what was exactly considered standard DIN and I don't think there really is a set specification. I will say that the Pioneer unit fit the brackets perfectly and that it's a little small for the faceplate. I think it looks fine though.

The size of the main unit is 7"x2"x7" per the manual posted for the AVIC-90DVD on the internet. I'll check mine when I get back.

As for the faceplate, it just snaps in. There is no other piece needed for it. When I ordered the parts, I got brackets, left and right, faceplate, and one set of screws. The brackets attach at the front and on the top. There is a U shaped bracket which the cubby hole sits on. This gets removed and the screws and mounting point on top are used for the nav brackets.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:07 AM
gaseous

rouxeny,

Where did you order the OEM nav brackets and face plate from? I've gone to the Courtesy Parts website but wasn't able to find any catalog or listing of parts other then their extraneous accessories they sell.

I'm glad your setup came out pretty well, it looks great.

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:11 PM
rouxeny

I would go to your local Nissan Parts Department. If you want to get them from Courtesy, call and speak to somebody.

They generally have to be special ordered, which isn't a big deal.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:31 PM
spoonyb29

Default OEM Nav Brackets

Hey, I was wondering, where did you get the OEM Nav Brackets? I can't find them anywhere. Do you have a part number? Thanks!
Old 08-30-2005, 08:03 PM
rouxeny

An update. Sorry to all the people who have asked, I don't have the parts numbers for either the brackets or the faceplates. As I re-read this thread, I just realized that I never ordered the brackets for my DVD player. I've got a little rattle from there now, so I figure it's about time to get them. I also had a run in with a deer a long while ago and my Nav system has suffered. Basically, either from that impact, or from the subsequent repair, it no longer works. The Nav unit gets power, as does the screen, but I never can get the nav disc to work. DVD's play, so I think the unit is okay. Either my Nav DVD is bad, or I've got a wiring problem. My FM modulator is also on the fritz. Again, I think it's a wiring problem. Basically, I'll have to take apart the center console to figure out the problem.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Mesto

sweet. how much RMS are the subz?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:55 AM
THE TECH

Holy old thread Batman!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:52 AM
J rad

Originally Posted by rouxeny
So, this is a continuation of my previous thread, detailing the parts required for a aftermarket nav install. That thread is here

Pioneer Nav Install Part I

lovin that box