Encores System

Old 07-05-2003, 10:54 PM
aggiez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would buy those sub mounts, no doubt.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Encore

Due to the complex shape of the enclosures it would be very difficult to make a mold of. You would be better off making it yourself. Just follow the steps I did, and you can do it yourself. If you can make chocolate chip cookies you could build these enclosures. The hardest part is the sanding, and its not even that bad. Im suprised no one has tried putting a single 8" beside the spare where the foam is. Think about doing that if you want to keep all your space. A 8" sub will suprise you what it can do. Im coming from a MR2 spyder so to me the Z is like a caddy.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:16 AM
Encore

More pics coming this week.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:33 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Awesome Job Encore, my RF 10 HX2 sounds miserable, must be the box, but the stereo folks are giving me a hard time about it.

Hopefully, I will get my box fixed, and be on to much better tunes.

Nice job, BTW, wish I had that kind of expertise, my system would be booming about now.

I have all great products, but its all in the install and box making.

Keep up the pics.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:39 AM
djkern
Banned

what exactly do the ports do? and why exactly are they attached by tubes to the other enclosure? is that just for all of the wires to the other amp??
Old 09-15-2003, 04:52 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Encore,

I am not trying to steal the thunder, but How in the HECK did you hit 141+ DB's (decibels) with the windows down?

Here's your quote Encore "Its a customers car. He is running a memphis 1000 right now. Were putting in a Memphis Mojo in a couple of weeks 2400 watts. It holds 10,000 watts peak, and 5000 RMS. I have no idea what his SPL is, but its loud for a single sub. MY 350Z IS HITTING 141.7, and thats more than I need. I never play it that loud. I would charge $500 for a plain jane spare enclosure for a Z. That would be carpeted, and flushed in. $1000 I would cover it in something nicer than carpet, and make it look very trick. My stores known in my area for top of the line installs at low prices though.

"141.7 was hit w/ the windows down".

Now assuming they are power series, I might agree, but judging by the picture, you do not have the power series.

I find that very hard to believe? Maybe with the the doors closed, but come on, (2) RF Punch 10's

Are they the HE, HE2, or HX2 version, or is it the powered version? I can tell you its not the powered version or the HX2 just by the picture alone.

Maybe with the powered 10's with 2000 watts powering them, but not with anything less, and you definately don't have Power 10's by the picture you posted.

I know there ported, but come on, you want me to believe that though?

Nice install though, but I can't believe the numbers, sorry.

So which subs are they? And whats powering them? I know RF amps, but which RF amps?
Old 09-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Encore

Originally posted by djkern
what exactly do the ports do? and why exactly are they attached by tubes to the other enclosure? is that just for all of the wires to the other amp??
They are so I could make the top enclosures and the bottom share airspace. The enclosures seem to be very small sealed enclosures from the top. They are really mid sized ported enclosures w/ the extra airspace on the bottom.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Encore

Oh yeh, my subs are punch HX2's Dual 2 ohms.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:42 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Encore
They are so I could make the top enclosures and the bottom share airspace. The enclosures seem to be very small sealed enclosures from the top. They are really mid sized ported enclosures w/ the extra airspace on the bottom.
which does what? i still don't get it.

does this make it clearer? does it make the subs perform better since there is more air space....or does it just add more bass? does this sound more like a bandpass box?? if so...i'll stick with the sealed box. (looks awesome though!!)

zand02max - guess you were wrong about his subs. does that clear things up...or are you still iffy? (not intended to be rude...just curious)

Last edited by djkern; 09-15-2003 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Encore

I think if I would have taken pics of the actual ports it would make more since to you. I was a slack *** and didnt have my camera the day I finished that up. A ported enclosure is almost usually twice the size of a sealed enclosure. A ported box gives you more output w/ less power, and you can choose what frequency you want booseted by port length. I like the sound better also. A sealed box will usually handle more power, and has a more even frequency responce. I just used the top enclosure for about a month, and it sounded good. After playing w/ port length I found gold. The ported is the way to go I think, but it is alot of extra work for the advantages. Fill free to copy. Nothing is original anymore. Ill help you along the way the best I can. Its not that bad to make.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:20 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Okay, he has (2) hx2's the second best, but I don't believe the numbers withe windows down, no way,
but keep up the install pics, looks awesome.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:57 AM
Encore

They are the best RF for my application. Maybe you didnt think they were HX2's because you have the older ones. If you were talking about the way the line of subs go its Team RF's (world record holders), Power HX2's, Punch HX2's, Punch HE2, Punch HE, and the Punch Z. The Rockfords 350Z was using HE's at CES. The best sub for there application. Thanks for the complaments. Ill post more pics tonight or tommorow.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:59 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

They might be the best for your application, and no I don't have last years HX2, Heres a pic of mine.

I am not downing your install, but answer me one last question.

Did you hit 141.7 DB in your Z with the windows down?

And if so, were there any witnesses that saw it.

You can't hit those numbers with all the sound pressure being let out of the windows, is all I am trying to say.

And if you can prove to me one way the other, then I'll eat my words if I am wrong, but admit it, those were false numbers.

Oh, one last thing. You are the one that has last years sub, this years sub is different, please note it in the picture, the one in the picture is this years punch HX2 sub.

And the reason, I am sure why you don't have this years sub is because Rockford didn't have a 2 ohm punch HX2 sub, they should be bringing a 2 ohm 10" punch HX2 for next year. So you must have last years model.

BTW, I am not trying to bash your install in any way shape or form.

"I wonder if this is starting to be another Twins Thread, LOL"

Attached Thumbnails Encores System-imgp1377.jpg  
Old 09-16-2003, 07:00 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

oops, wrong pic, heres the sub
Attached Thumbnails Encores System-imgp1378.jpg  
Old 09-16-2003, 10:54 AM
travelmadness

zand02max, i think i have seen you post those last 2 images at least 20 times ??
Old 09-16-2003, 11:51 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

and your point is?

He said I had last years sub, so I wanted to show him, is there a problem?
Old 09-16-2003, 12:02 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Travel,

Would you like to see all of my install pics, I have about 20 more

besides, those pics are on other posts and I don't believe I posted one here, hmmm, lemme check................uhhh nope not in this post......
Old 09-16-2003, 12:06 PM
djkern
Banned

i just had one question.....why a 3 farad cap for 1 10? isn't that overkill? or are you plannin on adding more power and more subs?

also, unckeck the "Show Signature: include your profile signature. Only registered users may have signatures" box when you post numerous times. no need to show it each time...it just makes this thread longer and you have to scroll more!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:43 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Well, thanks, DJ, I did not know that. Learn something new everday. What do you mean by reigistered users? Arn't I a registered user, or do you mean registered for the thread?

Okay, the 3 farad question.

My initial plan was to put (1) Power HX2 and (2) BD 1000's (one for each voice coil). But unfortunately it only turned out with (1) BD 1000, and the Power HX2 I had, had a defect and was not sealed properly. So I had to send it back and pay $55 shipping (I was pissed) (thats what I get for buying online)

Anyway, since the RF BD1000 is not stable to 1 ohm, I decided to go with (1) HX2 @4 ohms and take that down to a 2 ohm load which the RF BD1000 amp could handle.

Well, the sound didn't turn out what I wanted, so my next step, is to put (2) RF HX2 12's in a fiberglass enclosure in the tire well.

I got the 3 farad cap for $119 online, so I figured why not go with three at that price, then buy another cap later. Some one farads are $179 at local stereo shops. Plus this cap was square and not rounded like most 1 farad caps.

Another question is, how do I make my font smaller, I am tired of half page sig's also?
Old 09-16-2003, 01:35 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by zand02max
Well, thanks, DJ, I did not know that. Learn something new everday. What do you mean by reigistered users? Arn't I a registered user, or do you mean registered for the thread?

Another question is, how do I make my font smaller, I am tired of half page sig's also?
the first question...no idea...i just cut and pasted the words from the web site.

the second one...no idea again. ask vic. he knows all sorts of stuff.

and, yeah, online you can get everything super cheap! i guess you can alwys upgrade the subs and whanot and have the extra space in the 3 farac cap...right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Encores System