Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

From this to this....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Z1truth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK.....hear is the million dollar question.....couldn't you just have bought the 03-05 console with the nav button panel for nav and used the spring loaded retractable lid assembly with it?????????????
Will the 03-05 console fit the 06 interior???????
Old 02-22-2007, 03:24 AM
minispider

Originally Posted by Z1truth
OK.....hear is the million dollar question.....couldn't you just have bought the 03-05 console with the nav button panel for nav and used the spring loaded retractable lid assembly with it?????????????
Will the 03-05 console fit the 06 interior???????
no....they're not the same
Old 04-01-2007, 09:39 PM
evolved326

Originally Posted by minispider
[IMG][/IMG]

TO

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The first install pic is the same as the 2nd? Or does the second have something added to make it look cleaner? Cause 2nd looks super clean 1st not so clean...
Old 04-02-2007, 04:18 PM
07zrider

nice install but i have one question. you said that you only oreder 2 parts the lid cluster and the switch assy. did the lid cluster come with the plastic peice the surounds the top screen or is that a part that i should order too. im planning on doing the same install on my 07
Old 04-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the switch assembly piece? Is that the buttons? Because we could just buy the lid cluster and do this and try to fab up the finisher?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:57 PM
minispider

Originally Posted by 07zrider
nice install but i have one question. you said that you only oreder 2 parts the lid cluster and the switch assy. did the lid cluster come with the plastic peice the surounds the top screen or is that a part that i should order too. im planning on doing the same install on my 07
the cluster lid begins from the gauges all the way down to where the radio ends, it does not come with the 3 gauges, and the switch assy....so only 2 pieces, be aware that they do not fit all vehicles, and is a special order, so if it doesn't fit is yours to keep...they must check your vin# and since your car doesn't have nav they won't be able to order the right part #s, I went thru 2 of these panels but my dealer was nice enough to take them back, finally we saw a new '06 with nav at the showroom and we took the vin# to order the pieces, and the results is what you see in the thread....good luck

Last edited by minispider; 04-02-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:09 PM
BabyZiLLa

the cluster lid begins from the gauges all the way down to where the radio ends, it does not come with the 3 gauges, and the switch assy....so only 2 pieces, be aware that they do not fit all vehicles, and is a special order, so if it doesn't fit is yours to keep...they must check your vin# and since your car doesn't have nav they won't be able to order the right part #s, I went thru 2 of these panels but my dealer was nice enough to take them back, finally we saw a new '06 with nav at the showroom and we took the vin# to order the pieces, and the results is what you see in the thread....good luck
I dont understand. Different 06' have different NAV ? That makes no sense. This should fit any 06' should it not?

Would you mind sharing the part numbers?

You know as much as i love my car. The 06 is a real ***** for aftermarket or even OEM parts.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:19 AM
minispider

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
I dont understand. Different 06' have different NAV ? That makes no sense. This should fit any 06' should it not?

Would you mind sharing the part numbers?

You know as much as i love my car. The 06 is a real ***** for aftermarket or even OEM parts.
that's what I thought also, and I found out the hard way....I think is according to what kind of car you have, so a different vin# is essential otherwise they will keep on guessing on what you need, their parts manual show different options and that's where the problem is.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:30 AM
BabyZiLLa

that's what I thought also, and I found out the hard way....I think is according to what kind of car you have, so a different vin# is essential otherwise they will keep on guessing on what you need, their parts manual show different options and that's where the problem is.
So your saying between Enthusiast, Base etc models? Man what a gong show...

What model is yours and whats the P/N? Maybe we can get a list going. Im going to be ordering one this week. I was pretty suprised when i called my dealer and the 06 NAV bracket was $400. 06 is a a real pain.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:58 PM
minispider

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
So your saying between Enthusiast, Base etc models? Man what a gong show...

What model is yours and whats the P/N? Maybe we can get a list going. Im going to be ordering one this week. I was pretty suprised when i called my dealer and the 06 NAV bracket was $400. 06 is a a real pain.

.....welcome to the game...I think the P/Ns are on this thread, go back a few pages....
Old 04-03-2007, 08:37 PM
07zrider

so did the cluster lid come with the plastic piece in the cubby that surounds the screen? why is there a hole in the plastic on the left side of the screen did the piece come like that from the dealer?
Old 04-04-2007, 03:25 AM
minispider

so did the cluster lid come with the plastic piece in the cubby that surounds the screen? why is there a hole in the plastic on the left side of the screen did the piece come like that from the dealer?
yes, is all one piece, the small hole is for the remote sensor for the tv
Old 04-05-2007, 04:19 AM
foochdawg

How did you know how to wire the lighting of the buttons? I want to make one of the buttons turn on a carPC. Do you have a wire diagram? Or anything that would tell me atleast which one of the pins gets power and ground so that I can test the other buttons?

Or does the switch assembly come with a wire harness or anything? What comes with the switch assembly?

Last edited by foochdawg; 04-05-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:06 PM
minispider

Originally Posted by foochdawg
How did you know how to wire the lighting of the buttons? I want to make one of the buttons turn on a carPC. Do you have a wire diagram? Or anything that would tell me atleast which one of the pins gets power and ground so that I can test the other buttons?

Or does the switch assembly come with a wire harness or anything? What comes with the switch assembly?
it comes with a wire harness
Old 04-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Voboy

edit:nvm...iono
Old 04-06-2007, 03:45 PM
07zrider

how did you mount the screen? is it posable to post some pics of how you mounted the screen.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:53 PM
minispider

how did you mount the screen? is it posable to post some pics of how you mounted the screen.
clear 5 min epoxy
Old 04-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Voboy

did you get any pics of when you tried the courtesy parts "06" cubby?
Old 04-08-2007, 05:20 PM
minispider

Originally Posted by Voboy
did you get any pics of when you tried the courtesy parts "06" cubby?
sorry I did not
Old 04-08-2007, 05:29 PM
foochdawg

How can there be different parts in the same place? You are saying that the open cubby for the '06 and '07 Zs don't fit on all '06 and '07 Zs? That doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. Are you talking about '06s and '05s? I can't see why they would have multiple designs for the same car in the same year. Am I understanding this wrong?

I just ordered the parts(part numbers listed earlier in this thread) for $400 for my '07 so I can put the carPC I had in my '05, in my '07 and you're saying there is a possibility that these WON'T fit? And it is basically just the luck of the draw?

And if that is the case, how can companies make Aftermarket CD player mount kitswith one serial number if there are multiple designs in the same year? Did your "06", that you had that didn't fit, have a complete square around the stock cd player? or was it open at the end? I noticed that the plastic piece on the '05s and lower went around the whols cdplayer and the '06+ ones don't go all the way down, the plastic around the shifter meets the upper plastic pieceabout half an inch up from the bottom of the cd player.

Last edited by foochdawg; 04-08-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: From this to this....