Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Eddie@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foochdawg
So there is no way to get this part?
Right now it cant be ordered yet, its showing as not available.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:23 AM
BabyZiLLa

WTF. I called my dealer. Theres 1 available in Montreal. $69. For a strip of plastic.

So The NAV. $406. Finisher thingo $69. Man i shoulda bought an 05'
Old 04-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
WTF. I called my dealer. Theres 1 available in Montreal. $69. For a strip of plastic.

But then you wouldnt have the bixenons, a little bit nicer center console, the led tails... the speed sensitive steering... and maybe oil problems :P

I think getting a shop to mod the original cubby cleanly is the way to go!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Eddie@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa

I always wondered why we have alot of Canadian customers buying normal dealer parts from us, now i know why, they rape you guys upn there.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:17 AM
foochdawg

I have invested way too much money to give up now.

As for the one in Montreal...are you sure that is the right part? If you're not willing to buy it, I will. I asume that is $69 canadian? How much would it be american and how can I contact them?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Blacryan

Originally Posted by 07zrider
nice install but i have one question. you said that you only oreder 2 parts the lid cluster and the switch assy. did the lid cluster come with the plastic peice the surounds the top screen or is that a part that i should order too. im planning on doing the same install on my 07

Just for a FYI you guys w/ 07s.

I have tried for about a month now to find the parts to do what he did in his install in my 07 to the upper nav cubby. They dont have them. I have spoke with all the oregon dealers and a couple guys at performance. They are different from the 06 so those parts will not work (from my understanding).

jeff @ westcovina ordered a couple different parts and is going to see what he can come up with though.

=[

I have my CarPC all built and setup, just need to get the parts for my cubby and have it installed. UGH
Old 04-11-2007, 10:32 AM
foochdawg

are you serious? the part numbers listed in this thread will not work on the '07s? How is that possible? It's the same car. The interiors in '06 and '07 look identical. If that is true then I just blew $400 on nothing.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:37 AM
foochdawg

If that is the case then Performance should change their website because the parts I ordered are labeled 2006-2007

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...&siteid=214252

Part numbers

68260cf42a - "Instrument panel - Instrument panel components - Center panel - W/navigation sys W/navigation sys 2006 - 2007"

28395cf405 - "Electrical - Navigation system components - Switch assy Switch assy 2006 - 2007"

Last edited by foochdawg; 04-11-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Blacryan

That's what I was thinking too....

But all I know is I talked to over 4nissan dealerships in oregon. Talked to a guy at performance and than talked to jeff @ west covina. Jeff was going to try and order some parts and see what he could come up with on 1 of there 07s w/o nav to see what kind of options I had for my CarPC install.

That's just my understanding. If you find different, PLEASE let me know, because I want the look the thread creator has.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:50 AM
foochdawg

I had an '05 and this process was CAKE. Cost me like $100 shipped for an '03 Nav cubby and a finisher and now I have spent $400 on what apears to be parts that are a big mystery. I have heard that there are many slight different parts with the same part number and depending on your vin they may be different and that some parts just don't exist and now that the '07 interior is different than the '06. I just pray that when they show up I can use them or else I am out $400. I don't know how I would get my money back or who would buy them. Not many people put car PCs in a Z and to find one that has an '06....TOUGH. So I just have to keep my fingers crossed I guess.

I will let you know what happens with my parts if you let me know what happens with the guys at West Covina.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:57 AM
07zrider

Just for a FYI you guys w/ 07s.

I have tried for about a month now to find the parts to do what he did in his install in my 07 to the upper nav cubby. They dont have them. I have spoke with all the oregon dealers and a couple guys at performance. They are different from the 06 so those parts will not work (from my understanding).

jeff @ westcovina ordered a couple different parts and is going to see what he can come up with though.
AM

!!!!that is not true because i gave the dealship a vin # of an 07 z with stock nav and the part# were the same!!!! im just waiting to get my new headunit then im going to do the install this weekend . ill post some pic's after its done.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:43 PM
foochdawg

cool. Please post pictures, and detailed ones of that missing finisher piece to see if it is atleast tolerable until we can find the finisher or they start selling it.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:04 PM
minispider

Originally Posted by Blacryan
That's what I was thinking too....

But all I know is I talked to over 4nissan dealerships in oregon. Talked to a guy at performance and than talked to jeff @ west covina. Jeff was going to try and order some parts and see what he could come up with on 1 of there 07s w/o nav to see what kind of options I had for my CarPC install.

That's just my understanding. If you find different, PLEASE let me know, because I want the look the thread creator has.
Didn't I say this was a nightmare? I went thru the same thing with different p/n and whatnot....some how there are different variations...good luck
Old 04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
foochdawg

I'm not sure if I would call it a nightmare yet. I have to wait until Eddie@performance sends me the parts and I can check everything. He had to order them from Nissan because these, obviously, is not a part that they keep a lot or any in stock. He said they should be here any day though. But then I have to wait for them to be shipped here from cali

Other than that it has been pretty simple(yet expensive) to get what I needed, just hope that I can get that finisher. I doubt I am going to find any wrecked '06 Zs around here. I don't even know how to go about looking for wrecked Zs, I've never had an issue ordering a part before.

Last edited by foochdawg; 04-11-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:55 AM
foochdawg

Also, Eddie, do you have access to wire diagrams for parts? Like do you have the wire diagram for that switch assembly? I want to know what wires are power and ground and lights(to illuminate it at night) and what to expect when the buttons are pressed so that I can use these buttons to actually do something. I don't want to spend $250 on buttons and not get more out of it than a hole filler lol.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Jen@WestCovinaNissan
Vendor - Former Vendor

I called Nissan this morning and they are doing an inquiry on the part number 68499-CF40A. It shows as good in my parts book, but not in Nissan's system. She said she would call me back tomorrow because it's an over night process. I'll letcha guys and gals know when I receive her call.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 AM
foochdawg

Thanks for updating the thread, I was just about to lol And thanks for the response Jen.

I hope someone can get this part.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:29 AM
BabyZiLLa

It must be a problem with Nissan USA cause both my guy in Japan and Canada have shown the part in there system with no problems.

Although i would have though Nissan Canada and Nissan USA where linked on the same system?

Last edited by BabyZiLLa; 04-12-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:42 AM
foochdawg

Any way I can get a part from canada then?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Kieran@DrivenDynamics

In for getting the same parts

Quick Reply: From this to this....