Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

High-End Audio Build Complete!!! (McIntosh, Morel, Seas Lotus Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:46 PM
NoahzBurnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
now you should have ran all seas lotus for hte front stage

Or a BRAX MATRIX 3-way......

i heard them once with a set of audio control EQX compared to those Rainbow refrence 2-ways

BRAX FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kwame keep up the good work
Old 05-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the support guys.

I went in to the stereo shop today and it looks like I will be installing both of the 12" subs I purchased, one in each rear corner of the hatch. I am now even more excited to here this thing once it is done.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Kwame

Default Updated Photos

Pods built in the door for the 6" and the 4" mid, tweeters in the stock location. I had the door re-wrapped in the stock vinyl and added a blue stitch to it.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WoW ! the best looking pod/speaker install ever !
Old 05-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by Tac-M
WoW ! the best looking pod/speaker install ever !
Thanks. I think they look amazing and the best part is this is absolutely nothing compared to the rest of the audio set-up.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:29 PM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Originally Posted by kwame@z1
Thanks for the support guys.

I went in to the stereo shop today and it looks like I will be installing both of the 12" subs I purchased, one in each rear corner of the hatch. I am now even more excited to here this thing once it is done.
Looking forward to this part. I'm in "upgrade my sub" mode. One 10" is nice, but I need more low end.... Two 12's (or one IDMAX12) were suggested, but I'm having trouble figuring how to install them without using much interior space.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:24 PM
JimRHIT

Kwame ... bro

Nice install. Very sorry we couldn't get it to work out for ya ... I'd have gotten you on the website with this kind of work

The Loti will be all you'll ever need in terms of SPL and headroom.

Excellent work and keep us posted bro.
-jim
Old 05-10-2007, 07:26 PM
JimRHIT

Originally Posted by DVFlyer
Looking forward to this part. I'm in "upgrade my sub" mode. One 10" is nice, but I need more low end.... Two 12's (or one IDMAX12) were suggested, but I'm having trouble figuring how to install them without using much interior space.
Lose the spare tire. I could get 2 15" in a Z in a false floor if one were so inclined.... and you'd lose no cargo space.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:04 PM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Well.... you're not that far away......
Old 05-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
Kwame ... bro

Nice install. Very sorry we couldn't get it to work out for ya ... I'd have gotten you on the website with this kind of work

The Loti will be all you'll ever need in terms of SPL and headroom.

Excellent work and keep us posted bro.
-jim
Jim,

Thanks for the kind words. I told you inititally that I was not holding back on the install with this car. When everything is all said and done with my Z I want to be able to say that at no point in time did I cut any corners with the build up of this car.

I wish I was able to use the sub you recommended but we both know how that ended up. It would have been pretty cool to have made in on the website but unforunately now that is not possible.

I agree on the fact that the two Loti will be more than enough regardless if they are known for SQ or not. Two 12" quality subs should sould awesome regardless of what brand in such a small car. The fact that I am feeding them clean power and they are one of the most musical subs you can get should compliment my front stage and add to overall dynamics of the sound system.

Next time your in NY you might have to look me up so you can check out everything in person, you have helped me out a lot in this whole process and I appreciate it.

By the way if anyone is wondering the panel is not leather it is vinyl, I think I mentioned that earlier.

Kwame
Old 05-11-2007, 04:30 AM
HARRYPOTTER

that does look prettygood...but the only thing is....the speaker grills look a bit ...blahh, but the the job looks flawless man...good stuff ....can't wait to see what else you got in store for the Z....where is ROB with his kind words?....lol
Old 05-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by HARRYPOTTER
that does look prettygood...but the only thing is....the speaker grills look a bit ...blahh, but the the job looks flawless man...good stuff ....can't wait to see what else you got in store for the Z....where is ROB with his kind words?....lol
Thanks for your contribution.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:25 AM
HARRYPOTTER

lol...c'mon...don't get all upset...I can really appreciate what you're doing...
it's quality work man...I was giving my input that's all..it was minor...

by the way...are ther any Takata ramps Available at Z1?...
Old 05-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by HARRYPOTTER
lol...c'mon...don't get all upset...I can really appreciate what you're doing...
it's quality work man...I was giving my input that's all..it was minor...

by the way...are ther any Takata ramps Available at Z1?...
Not upset at all.

Takata no longer makes ramps.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:02 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hay Kwame,

first of all, looks GREAT My only objection would be that this isnt the ideal locations of imaging, but aside from that, the freq response, the staging, all should be very nice. My only other slight issue is that i wish they molded the door so the midbass mold came out just a tab more on tyhe bottom as to make a perfect edge against the armrest front portion. but i thin mthis is osmehting MUCH more noticable in pics than not.

great works, great craftsmanship! kudos! cant wait to see the rest of the install

b

oh and i always liked morel grills, i will never call anyhting on it since our own DLS grilles arent kinda...unusual, though i sometimes wish they would make the grille so its protecting the entire speaker, this isnt much of an issue with door mounts, but in the past, hwen i have done kicks with more, i get more than my share of dirt and gtrime into it
Old 05-11-2007, 08:13 AM
JimRHIT

Don't know if it is not finished yet or what ... but it looks like the factory grilles are still in place in front of the tweeter. If that is the case, change that right away. That'll really hurt your tweeter performance and totally mess up the tonal balance of the system. Besides .. you gotta show of those pretty tweets

If I am wrong ... well ... I'm on my way to get a coffee ... its b/c I am not awake.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
Hay Kwame,

first of all, looks GREAT My only objection would be that this isnt the ideal locations of imaging, but aside from that, the freq response, the staging, all should be very nice. My only other slight issue is that i wish they molded the door so the midbass mold came out just a tab more on tyhe bottom as to make a perfect edge against the armrest front portion. but i thin mthis is osmehting MUCH more noticable in pics than not.

great works, great craftsmanship! kudos! cant wait to see the rest of the install

b

oh and i always liked morel grills, i will never call anyhting on it since our own DLS grilles arent kinda...unusual, though i sometimes wish they would make the grille so its protecting the entire speaker, this isnt much of an issue with door mounts, but in the past, hwen i have done kicks with more, i get more than my share of dirt and gtrime into it
Thanks. I am extremely happy with the way it has come out to this point. Their fiberglass work so far has made me very antsy to see how creative they get with how they install the subs. Oh and they got a little creative with the amp enclosures they are building as well.

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
Don't know if it is not finished yet or what ... but it looks like the factory grilles are still in place in front of the tweeter. If that is the case, change that right away. That'll really hurt your tweeter performance and totally mess up the tonal balance of the system. Besides .. you gotta show of those pretty tweets

If I am wrong ... well ... I'm on my way to get a coffee ... its b/c I am not awake.
Yeah the tweeters were installed behind the factory grilles already. Why do you say it will hurt the performance of the tweeter and could you please explain how this will effect the tonal balance of the system?
Old 05-13-2007, 09:55 PM
JimRHIT

Because the tweeter is basically behind a mask.

Think of talking to someone .. now hold your hand in front of your mouth and talk to them .... insertion loss.

The "factory" grill or guard is voiced into the system by the engineer ... and it is intended to be listened to with that permagrill on there ... however, when you put a tweeter behind that grill and don't compensate for it ... things get out of whack.

It also affects the dispersion charateristics of it too ... not that you are moving your head all the time listening, but still .... its a problem to SQ guys.

Its much harder to tell or hear with tweeters ... but its something that I'm gonna nag you to fix. Try it this way ... stick them on the factory panels in a lump of clay just to hold them there ... and listen. Now stick them behind the grilles and listen .... if you think it sounds better or different .. make your decision from there.

jim
Old 05-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Kwame

I hate you
Old 05-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Kwame

Just when I think I am satisified you are making me second guess my installer. Looks like I will be driving up to CT this week, but is it too late? Can the tweeter still be mounted elsewhere?

Quick Reply: High-End Audio Build Complete!!! (McIntosh, Morel, Seas Lotus Inside)