ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM'd ya again..
Old 12-14-2008, 03:04 PM
gmic350z

Originally Posted by THEDUKE
You do not need to do any extra custom work to fit into the cubby. It basically is the same size as the opening so it just sits right in.
The buttons are there, they are just underneath the finishing trim piece. I also pondered on this for quite some time and since it is a touchscreen there is really no need to access the buttons except for a few circumstances.
The first one would be volume. Solution I came up with was turn the volume all the way up, since the Navigation has volume on the touchscreen I can controll it through there.
The other would be switching video sources, since I have the video signal from the DDX8019 going into it. This solution is a little more complex, but let me assure you it works very easily and works like a charm.
Other than that you do not need to access the buttons except when setting up the unit, after that you can putthe trim on.
the trim piece that covers the buttons is what i need.ive got the factory nav controls there now and want the trim piece cause the stock nav controls cover my buttons on my new screen.do you know what i can use instead of that trim piece,cause i was told you had to buy a whole new cubby to get the trim piece.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:08 AM
burner

I have a question on the LZ-702W and the navigation unit....Does it have a mute wire??? Can I simply hook up a mute wire to mute my music (I have a Pioneer headunit) when the voice guidance needs to say something, then unmute or is it more complicated than that? Right now, I have the Farenheit screen with the Garmin GVN-53 setup but I am considering selling off all that stuff and going with a touchscreen option. The GVN-53 has a mute wire, but after looking at the Kenwood standalone (and going through the manual), it doesn't seem to have one. Can anyone chime in here? Someone on this thread mentioned it would work but you have to change sources each time.