Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

2007 IPOD Install – Axxess Interface

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:00 PM
07MIA350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it doesn't affect bluetooth, it pauses ipod when a call comes in and is answered, once you are done with your call it will pickup where it was playing.

I also tested the RCA input with the ipod just to see quality in audio, and sad to say it does sound better from the rca input, the only thing with that obviously is you cannot control from the headunit.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:27 PM
jgregory124

that makes me want to put the stock radio back in I really dont use my navi or dvd player........I could make some money back
Old 12-02-2007, 03:46 PM
elnonio

Ok, so unless I'm missing something, the 2006 and 2007 Bose with 6 CD changer are the same? I wonder why a few websites/manufacturers claim the 2006 kits won't fit the 2007 then...

Antonio
2007 350Z Touring Roadster
Old 12-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Tantrum

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello! Anyone tried this on a 2003 touring with the bose sound system? It states 04 and above everywhere. Does it work with all the radio display, navigation, etc? Thank you!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:31 PM
lilrich

Unhappy AXXESS iPod and Parrot Bluetooth MK6100

I have an '07 Roadster with the EXACT same radio as in post #1 of this thread. I bought the Parrot Bluetooth MK6100 (and wiring adaptor so it plugs in without cutting into the wiring harness), and AXXESS iPod adaptor with the harness, and took it to my local installer. He told me I could install one or the other, but not both or they will conflict with each other. I asked him to install the Parrot Bluetooth and try to install the iPod adaptor (I probably could have done it myself if I'd found this site sooner ). He hooked up the Bluetooth and told me I couldn't hook up the iPod adaptor because it wasn't wired for satelite and didn't have a plug on the back of the radio to plug it into. He didn't do a very good job on the install, and it didn't seem like he'd ever heard of either of these adaptors. The Bluetooth works GREAT!! Some road noise with the top and windows down doing 60MPH, but after rolling up the windows, PERFECT! Is my installer full of S**T or is he correct? Is your AXXESS adaptor plugged in between the radio and the original wiring harness, or, is there a separate plug on the back of the radio that it plugs into?
Old 08-10-2008, 04:24 PM
chriskd

Originally Posted by lilrich
Is your AXXESS adaptor plugged in between the radio and the original wiring harness, or, is there a separate plug on the back of the radio that it plugs into?
I have the Axxess iPod adapter in my 08, so I'll chime in. To answer your question, the Axxess harness plugs into your head unit in two places:
Into the 10-pin power jack and into the 12-pin satellite jack. I assume your harness looks like this:
http://integrationsolutions.net/XIA-...3-INSTALL.HTML

I don't know anything about the Parrot Bluetooth, but the Axxess works perfect with my stock Bluetooth.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:34 PM
lilrich

Thanks for your response chriskd. Did your radio come pre-wired for satelite? I have the same plug as in the link, and I think it should work with the Parrot Bluetooth (I bought my 350Z used with 10K on the odometer~I don't know if bluetooth was an option on the convertibles). My Parrot Bluetooth harness has a male and female 10-pin plug, I'm not sure if I have a place on the back of the radio for the 12-pin plug. If I do, I think the AXXESS iPod would plug into the 10-pin and 12-pin on the radio first, then the Parrot Bluetooth would plug into the AXXESS iPod, then the original harness would plug into the Parrot Bluetooth. On the bottom right of the radio, just to the upper right of the "AUDIO" button is CYO3D (probably a model number) in small white letters... does yours have the same? Does anyone have pictures of the back of the radio?

I don't know if your is a convertible or coupe but I found this: http://www.cablejive.com/extendercable.html if the cable to the iPod is too short (I want my iPod to be stored in the compartment behind and between the seats with enough length to reach the front center console). BTW does anyone know if it will charge the new iPhone (REV 2.0 ~ 5 Volts)? The iPod and original iPhone will charge with either 12 or 5 volts and most of my old stuff won't work with my newer iPhone.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:11 PM
chriskd

Yes, my car came with XM and the free 3-month subscription which I let expire. Since I knew I wasn't going to use it, I unplugged the XM module from the head unit. This is the same 12-pin jack where the Axxess is now plugged.

So if the Parrot isn't taking up that 12-pin jack, and has a pass-thru 10-pin like the Axxess harness, you should be able to to at least make the physical connections.

I assume it would be something like this:

Radio's 10-pin jack <-Parrot Harness-><-Axxess Harness-><-Nissan Harness->
Radio 12-pin female<-Axxess Harness->

I have the coupe and I have some pics of the install uploaded to post #18 here: https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...3-2008-gt.html