Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

2007 IPOD Install – Axxess Interface

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 06:26 AM
tonyc4s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 IPOD Install – Axxess Interface

After waiting and searching for some time on a 2007 ipod controller, I purchased this item made by Axxess from Integration Solutions on ebay. A little expensive but I am very pleased. Like most I wanted to be able to control my ipod through my radio. I also wanted it to show the song title, artist and so on. Well I am very pleased with this item. Not only does it display the artist, or title but all my ipod controls work through the radio… NICE !!

I will note that to get it working in the beginning took some time because the instructions for 2007 are a little different than what is provided on the sellers ebay site. So that took some time and frustration. But once it works its great.

http://www.axxessinterface.com/

Anyways here are some pictures of its operation:

Navigation through Main Menu:
Attached Thumbnails -picture-016.jpg   -picture-017.jpg   -picture-018.jpg   -picture-019.jpg  
Old 08-04-2007, 06:33 AM
tonyc4s

Here is the Selection of Genre and Showing the title and song playing. I can be here all day with more pictures of available menu items, but I think you get the idea.

Also, this maybe on the radio instructions and I should have read those, but for those who are like me. If you press the DISP button (sometimes holding it down) it will show you the song and artist on your FM, and CD's as well...Nice! OEM is not too bad...
Attached Thumbnails -picture-020.jpg   -picture-023.jpg   -picture-024.jpg   -picture-022.jpg   -picture-021.jpg  

Old 08-04-2007, 06:47 AM
A.E.S.S.

hey tonyc,

Thanks for addressing the 2007/bose/ipod control. Do you have a direct link to the web page of the item I think I will get me one. I was on their web-page but the item didn't come-up after filtering.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:09 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That's pretty cool, the only thing I miss about mine is that I don't have titles
Old 08-04-2007, 12:18 PM
tonyc4s

Originally Posted by A.E.S.S.
hey tonyc,

Thanks for addressing the 2007/bose/ipod control. Do you have a direct link to the web page of the item I think I will get me one. I was on their web-page but the item didn't come-up after filtering.

Here is the one I bought, its 179.99 + 10(shipping)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...136705333&rd=1

This is their Ebay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Integration-Solutions
Old 08-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I wish I had album, name etc on my ipod interface but 180 + s/h is too steep~ Kick *** though~!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:50 PM
stu8319

Ace of Base... ha ha
Old 08-04-2007, 02:37 PM
07MIA350

Thumbs up

very cool!! thanks for the info, i just ordered mine. Second attempt, i had tried the PAC adapter which did not work. Wish me luck and thanks again for the info!
Old 08-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like how it displays titles on the menu like that... too bad non bose doesnt have that!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:55 PM
evolved326

Sounds very nice!

Are you able to control the ipod through the buttons on the steering wheel?
Is it pretty fast?

Last edited by evolved326; 08-05-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:55 AM
tonyc4s

Originally Posted by evolved326
Sounds very nice!

Are you able to control the ipod through the buttons on the steering wheel?
Is it pretty fast?
I have not been able to, but to be honest I have not tried it much through the steering. I'll run some test today. Either way, if this a feature you want you may want to give the seller a call. This was not one of the main reasons I purchased, I was more looking to use the ipod menu navigation, song title, author and so on. I'll try a few things and provide update later towards the evening.

Regarding the speed. I also have a USASpec controller on another car and the speed is the same in terms of changing songs. So I would figure its normal. Also like any computer/software/hardware sometimes its instant and once in a while it takes a second. Obviously not as fast as when you use the wheel on the ipod to go up and down.

There was another member who mentioned they had this item before I bought mine. Hopefully they chime in and add their experience.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:48 AM
07MIA350

Hello tonyc4s thanks for the info on this part. I just received mine but noticed the harness that came with it has two parts to it, one that you would unplug from the car stereo and into the harness and then from the harness to the radio, then a second smaller harness that i just don't have anywhere to plug it into my radio. Did you have the same setup? or did you actually have the plug?

I had the same scenario with the PAC-NIS kit, which did not work unless you plugged that smaller harness in.

Hopefully i'm making sense Hopefully also it's not needed so i can get my ipod working. I would hate to open the package if it's not going to work so i can return it.

thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Takhteh

Originally Posted by stu8319
Ace of Base... ha ha

looks good, tho.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:06 PM
tonyc4s

Originally Posted by 07MIA350
Hello tonyc4s thanks for the info on this part. I just received mine but noticed the harness that came with it has two parts to it, one that you would unplug from the car stereo and into the harness and then from the harness to the radio, then a second smaller harness that i just don't have anywhere to plug it into my radio. Did you have the same setup? or did you actually have the plug?

I had the same scenario with the PAC-NIS kit, which did not work unless you plugged that smaller harness in.

Hopefully i'm making sense Hopefully also it's not needed so i can get my ipod working. I would hate to open the package if it's not going to work so i can return it.

thanks

07MIA,
The harness I got goes from the radio to the interface. Then there is the ipod cable that goes from the interface to your ipod. They also supply RCA cables for an additional input which connects to their interface (I ignored and did not connect this one).

During installation, my radio had the satellite prewired, so I had to disconnect the satellite cable from the back of the radio and replace it with the harness. This is plug and play. The only real connection I had to do is for the power and auxiliary, both of these are 2 wires that you need to clip to the main radio harness. The clips are also included with the cables.

From their site, these are the only cables I recieved and refer to above:
Hope this helps...
By the way, so far my steering controls do not work with the Ipod. Do not know if I need to set something up.
Attached Thumbnails -6a63_3.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 08-08-2007, 02:21 PM
tonyc4s

07MIA

Also, to help you out just a few difference from their ebay site for the 07Z (at least for me).

- to get out of Ipod and back to your FM, AM and CD. You need to double click on radio. Similar to double clicking on a pc mouse.

- when I first connected it did not display the song title or name. You need to hold down the DISP button for a second or two. You will see it change to name. If you let go it will show the name (I think name = playlist). Hold down again it will change again and show title and so on. You can continue to hold down so you can see the different text it can show.

- you also need to setup your 1-4 preset to be able to navigate through the ipod menu. At first by pushing these presets nothing happens. All you need to do is hold down each as if you were setting up a channel. Do it for each one. Once complete, you can use them to navigate the ipod:

A) Preset Recall 1 is the Browse Up key.

B) Preset Recall 2 is the menu start and cancel browsing key

C) Preset Recall 3 is the Enter (select) key.

D) Preset Recall 4 is the Browse Down key

If I remember any other troubles I had I will add more, but I think thats it. And dont worry about the presets it does not impact or change your FM radio presets.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:09 PM
07MIA350

thank you very much tonyc4s, that's why i thought i could not connect, it's the prewire for FM/cd changer. I got it working now. Mine does work with the steering wheel controls. I noticed thought the kit they sent me i did not have to clip any wires, it actually came with the harness to unplug the one from the radio and plug harness to radio and then the original cable to harness.

Works great! Highly recommend it, also exchange a few emails with Bryan from integration solutions and he was very helpful as well.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Blacryan

I didnt exactly read any responses... But this one has RCA jacks as well? So I can use it with my carputer?

I ordered the interface from mp3car.com and the interface isnt working with my carpc, it works for like 30seconds cuts out and I gotta completely take car apart pull it out and redo and it works for 30secs.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:34 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

hm so im guessing this will only work with 07's equipped with the bose system? Id really like to have an ipod interface but i dont have the bose system...
Old 08-20-2007, 10:41 AM
resist

Anyone know how well this works with the blutooth? Does the blutooth still function the same (by overiding the audio with the call, etc)?

If I can get this answered then this seems like the best option for ipod integration in our cars (assuming a stock head unit)
Old 08-20-2007, 09:41 PM
tonyc4s

Originally Posted by resist
Anyone know how well this works with the blutooth? Does the blutooth still function the same (by overiding the audio with the call, etc)?

If I can get this answered then this seems like the best option for ipod integration in our cars (assuming a stock head unit)
Dosn't affect Bluetooth. Mine works the same as it used to. Someone calls, I hit my steering button, it mutes my radio and I speak. Push end and the radio comes back on. Everything works as it used to before the installation. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 2007 IPOD Install – Axxess Interface