Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

Show me your screens!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Watkins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garmin GVN52 navigation, Farenheit T7000MHR monitor, Alpine SBS-05DC center channel speaker (Nav voice) and a old school Pioneer deck.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 AM
modified350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HIGHTECHZ
The reason I opened the thread in the first place!

This is how I mounted my screen.

Attachment 166180
WOW, now thats some writing. Im not even going to try and compete with that. I dont get on here to brag or have an ego, cause there is somebodys vehicle always better and that you wished you had. The thread said show me your screens and I did. But for the simple fact that I had the most screens, I then became the target of discussion. Please in the future (whoever ) dont bash people for simply doing what someone requested. You brought up price of rims. I never did or would then that is bragging. I did pay alot but thats what I wanted. I welcome responses and criticism but not when I post pics just to help someone out, and nothing more. Thanks
Old 10-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its kinda blurry..my cam is pretty old but here's a couple from a while back.
Attached Thumbnails Show me your screens!!!!-cockpit_02.jpg   Show me your screens!!!!-cockpit_01.jpg  
Old 10-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Watkins
Garmin GVN52 navigation, Farenheit T7000MHR monitor, Alpine SBS-05DC center channel speaker (Nav voice) and a old school Pioneer deck.

Looks great… I know you probably really like it since I have about the same setup and it works very well.

Question: Why did you install a center speaker? Was it just for the navigation voice commands?

--Spike
Old 10-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Watkins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spike100
Looks great… I know you probably really like it since I have about the same setup and it works very well.

Question: Why did you install a center speaker? Was it just for the navigation voice commands?

--Spike

Yup, the Garmin is a great unit. The purpose of the Alpine is only for the nav voice. The speaker has it's own amplifier, and when the voice prompt comes on the mute lead at the head unit kills the other speakers, so only the navigation voice is present.

I originally started to tie in the nav voice with the 'regular' speakers but I wanted something a little different. I figured since I had an extra amplifier laying around I would use it with the Alpine center channel speaker. The volume that the center channel can achieve with this amplifier is total overkill but it's nice to know I can really blare it if I wanted too, lol.

I find that I like that hearing the nav voice come in front and center instead of all over, or from one corner, etc., so it worked out as a nice solution in my case.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

^^ Cool… your method is certainly a great way to deliver voice navigation. I did it a little differently. I mute the fronts and have these speakers deliver the voice commands. My rear “fills” continue sounding whatever the H/U is playing (music, talk-radio, etc.), but they are set low and the voice commands coming from the fronts are very dominant and loud (I set the Garmin to 90% volume). Truthfully I found that the navigation voice coming through the high-quality front components was almost alarming, so I set the Garmin GVN-52 to chime first before the voice literally booms on the fronts. I’ll bet your setup sounds better and is more subtle.

Nice job,

--Spike
Old 10-29-2007, 07:31 PM
DUBZRO

Watkins
i really like ur set up, i think im gonna go this way...
Old 10-30-2007, 08:03 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by evobunny
Also I have seen someone put some small screen in the back glass between the b and c pillar. Any one have info on that. maybe screen size.

6.5" wide screens......

Old 10-30-2007, 11:31 PM
brewster240

Originally Posted by modified350z
WOW, i am full of ****.
yes, you are.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:14 AM
BlueDragonZ

Wow, impressive installs. Has anyone put any screens on the little side windows yet. I saw it once but can't seem to find it anywhere. I currently only have a 7" Xenarc screen in my cubby.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:47 AM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by BlueDragonZ
Wow, impressive installs. Has anyone put any screens on the little side windows yet.
Look 2 posts up from yours......by buzzardmountain
Old 10-31-2007, 04:00 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL @ THIS THREAD. Hey, I have an idea, let's find out what everyone else is doing and just copy it. Yeah. That's what the sheeple at car show want. More of the same crap. Maybe next year we can add more screens, 2 more NOS bottle and doors that open and close by themselves. We could be the envy of school kids everywhere and make the honda guys jealous. Maybe if were lucky, we can be in some riced out Hollywood movie. Oh to dream ....

Old 10-31-2007, 10:54 AM
ckthepilot

Old 11-04-2007, 04:30 PM
evobunny

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain

6.5" wide screens......

Wow your the man. buzzardmountain. I knew I seen it somewhere before. what type of screen is that.

And whats with all the hatred here. Everyone put the Z on such a high horse. Its so classes or what not. And when some one out a screen in it, it makes your poor little Z look so trashy. Well get over it. not to be mean or anything. If you havnt notice the 350 is one the the fast growing tuner car out there now. So people will be doing stuff like this. If you want something more high class go buy you that porsche.

As for me, my Z is a show car. I have stupid stuff like screen in my car. 2 seven inch in the dash and even a 21 inch lcd in the back. you might say what the hell you need that for. well again show car. the purpose is to draw attention. And trust me, it does. you might not like it. but you would be suprise how many people come around my car and would be wow thats bad ***. I have some thread I started showing pics on it. go look it up and diss it if you want. My car not your. Its not your opinion that counts. its the judges, and so far i have been winning. So I guess im doing something right.

Last edited by evobunny; 11-04-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:34 AM
BlueDragonZ

Buzzard would love to get more info on your side screen install. I didn't think 6.5 could fit in there. Where can I get a hold of that screen mount and what screen r u using?

Oh yeah Evobunny, right on man.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:34 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by evobunny
Wow your the man. buzzardmountain. I knew I seen it somewhere before. what type of screen is that.

And whats with all the hatred here. Everyone put the Z on such a high horse. Its so classes or what not. And when some one out a screen in it, it makes your poor little Z look so trashy. Well get over it. not to be mean or anything. If you havnt notice the 350 is one the the fast growing tuner car out there now. So people will be doing stuff like this. If you want something more high class go buy you that porsche.

As for me, my Z is a show car. I have stupid stuff like screen in my car. 2 seven inch in the dash and even a 21 inch lcd in the back. you might say what the hell you need that for. well again show car. the purpose is to draw attention. And trust me, it does. you might not like it. but you would be suprise how many people come around my car and would be wow thats bad ***. I have some thread I started showing pics on it. go look it up and diss it if you want. My car not your. Its not your opinion that counts. its the judges, and so far i have been winning. So I guess im doing something right.

Originally Posted by BlueDragonZ
Buzzard would love to get more info on your side screen install. I didn't think 6.5 could fit in there. Where can I get a hold of that screen mount and what screen r u using?

Oh yeah Evobunny, right on man.

I've got to do some digging to remember the screen type and where I purchased it.

Size wise....it's a 6.5" widescreen......it's the perfect size.

The screen mount is something my audio guy did......any more info is probably in this thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-builds/147225-my-install-by-the-chad-west.html

I'll look around for more of the screen info.....

Old 11-14-2007, 11:32 AM
codek

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
That's some clean work. (with the exception of the dust)
looks stock..nice!
Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 AM
mlatham

Originally Posted by HIGHTECHZ
The reason I opened the thread in the first place!

This is how I mounted my screen.

Attachment 166180
where did you get that mounting kit from? did you mak it and if you did want to make another i would buy>?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:52 AM
playa6tnine

Originally Posted by ckthepilot

haha looking at your nav, i know exactly where you are! i work on right off of I-4 on Lee Rd and was on Maitland Blvd a couple hours ago.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:49 PM
codek

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike100
I was wondering the same thing. His screen in the upper/forward cubby should be the show-piece with all the other screens, but doesn’t have a good finisher-bezel much less a nice custom fabrication. The fitment looks bad (kind of a “pig boat” look).

It’s pretty easy to create a custom mount, or even do this with just stock parts for a better looking LCD installation:

--Spike
How do you create a custom mount? I've been searching for a prebuilt piece for my DNX8120 but can't find one anywhere.