Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

Show Off Your System!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:12 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sickVeilsideZ
Yes it's my car, but dont let the color fool you, it's still a panty dropper. Besides its a show car and DTM Autobody sponsored me for the paint, and it's a HIN tour car. I'm currently working on the motor. To each his own fellas.
i guess thats why i will never get sponsored.. i am a control freak and i want 100% creative control over my car or what i do with it.. not really keen on using my car for a panty dropper.. my over confidence and as$hole nature usually gets that part taken care of
Old 11-11-2007, 01:13 PM
350zspl
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
i have 8 pink dress shirts that i wear to work.. however.. i wouldn't paint anything in my car pink.. there are limits to your pink usage

you got heels and ,lip stick to match those shirts ??

just playing Doug

yes it is an excessive use of pink , slightly over the top

but i do like

and i only messing with you brother
Old 11-11-2007, 02:49 PM
1sickveilsidez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's just a saying I like to use, but believe me bro even without the car they drop. Don't get me wrong the paint was a sponsorship, but it was all my design and idea, DTM executed it flawless, so much detail and prep work was put into it, a good combo of pink and enough black to not overkill. As much as people like to flame me for it I don't mind because come show time it gets more attention and respect than a lot of others do. Even the guys from HIN couldn't help but to jump on board with this project and that means a lot to me since i've had the car since Feb. of 2003. Even then when it was DB blue it got attention, but not in the way I wanted. Now it has pictures in Super Street mag, Import Tuner mag and some other ones people have brought to my attention. Like I say to each his own.

Rick
Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Tackett

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zspl
Tacket who ever hates your set is straight fool

i love what you've done

Thanks man. I posted it a while ago and didnt get very many positive comments. I appreciate the good word.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:26 AM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by Tackett
Thanks man. I posted it a while ago and didnt get very many positive comments. I appreciate the good word.
i think your set up looks great man anybody who hates on that is obviously stupid. What exact coler are your interior pieces Im thinking about painting my window control covers that color cause they get scratched up.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:05 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006350zSA
i think your set up looks great man anybody who hates on that is obviously stupid. What exact coler are your interior pieces Im thinking about painting my window control covers that color cause they get scratched up.
hi i'm the stupid one.. because i gave him the criticism... no way did i hate on him.. just somethings i didn't like i pointed out.. it was really for him to change it or not.. its HIS car

I find that on this site alot of people don't like critism .. they get bent out of shape and call you a hater.. but since you don't mind.. i will share my ideas and thoughts..

Head Unit - i am a fan of Double Din's.. the single din isn't that bad.. but it leaves the tray under... just doesn't look as uniformed.. if you had a single din eq under it it would compliment it better

Sub Box - should make it all one level... make it more uniformed.. or go with the dual 12 sub box (no trunk space) or the Under the strut bar sub box

Rear Speakers - i am not feeling those grills.. look out of place.. a bit too flashy for the system.. if you had fiberglass everywhere with the same color.. then yeah.. ok.. but just go with a simple black grill

Amp Rack - clean it up a bit.. i would get rid of the cross overs in the middle.. but if you really want to keep them.. look into little black plastic clips to the wires in place.. right now they are just all over

here is a shot if the back of my amp rack so you know what the black pieces i am talking about

HU - what voltage where you looking at? my eclipse deck is 5V

SubBox - you could even keep it the same way.. just get a flat baseboard so it looks like 1 level

Rear - if it doesn't bother you.. you could even paint those grils black.. make it a little more uniform

Amp Rack - Crossovers look nice up there.. keep them up there.. just clean up the wiring

I hear you on the work done.. time to rest.. i feel the same way.. i want to switch my RCA's to a better set.. but i am too lazy right now to pull the rear panel off and run the wires under the carpet again.. sometimes you just want to enjoy your music for a while.. i hear you.

Last edited by doug; 11-12-2007 at 05:08 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Tackett

i wasnt referring to you doug, you gave me constructive critisism which was much appreciated. There were other small posts of negative feedback with no explanations, and the majority of people it seemed did not like it at all.

Please dont think I was badmouthing you for trying to help me buddy!

Last edited by Tackett; 11-12-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Tackett

and to answer your question, 350zsa. I looked up the color code for the silver paint on the interior door handles, and that was the color I used.

www.paintscratch.com

when you paint it, you dont even have to sand it. I would buy some sandable primer, and bulldog adhesive promoter from advance auto. (bout 4bucks a can. 1 can of each should do you). spray 3 coats of bulldog, let that dry for a few hours, then spray a lot of primer in multiple coats, (wait about 19-30 min between coats, i had like 6 coats of primer on all of my pieces) let them dry for a day or so. sand the primer smooth. ( I used 500 grit paper, then 800 grit paper, then 1000 grit paper progressively.) Make sure that puppy is SMOOOOOTH. the better the foundation, the better the house type philosophy. Buy 1 can of silver paint from paintscratch. I cant remember the silver paintcode....but call them, they can help you out. Buy 1 can of the catalyzed clear coat, some 2000 grit sandpaper, and some rubbing compound from the site as well. After you spray about 3 coats of silver paint on the primer and it has dried completely...run the pieces under some water and sand them again with 500 grit paper, then two more coats of paint sanding both times in between. Finally lay down the last coat of paint slightly heavier than the previous coats and let it dry overnight. The next day, take your can of clearcoat and activate it by punching the button on the bottom of the can....align your pieces so that they are fairly level and spray a good amount of clearcoat on them. (more than you think you will need for 1 coat.) wait a few hours (2-3) for that to dry and do it again...slightly smaller amount. Do this ABUNCH of times, I used a whole can on both of my pieces in this fashion. Finally when all is said and done...let dry overnight, then take your 2k grit sandpaper, wet your pieces and sand the pee-pee out of them. (my arm was in dire pain after this.) DONT run into the base coat! (if you put enough clearcoat like i said earlier you wont have this problem.) after that is done, it will look like crap...scuff marks everywhere and dirty. Get a clean cloth and put some rubbing compound on it......rub the pieces down from head to toe untill your arm is about to fall off. (I did this for 3 straight hours to get results.) untill it shines like a mirrior. Wait a day or so before waxing...boom

Last edited by Tackett; 11-12-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:56 PM
1sentra

JL Audio Stealthbox with two 10W3v3-8's.

view from the top

JL Audio 500/1v2 amplifier

Bass **** in center console

pictures of the entire installation and stuff:
https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video/314219-installing-a-jl-audio-stealthbox-and-a-500-1v2.html
Old 11-24-2007, 01:25 PM
1sickveilsidez

Here are some shots I took the other day of my setup enjoy.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-03-2008, 11:15 AM
808_350z

here is my trunk done by extreme audio in honolulu, hi.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Solopresident

some of you got some SERIOUS setups!! Wish yo all the best of luck in 08 if you still competing.

Hotness!!
Old 02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
cbr900son

Originally Posted by 808_350z
here is my trunk done by extreme audio in honolulu, hi.

Thats crazy looking! I love it.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
lbz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 02-21-2008, 12:07 AM
ur2slow

Default hey i'm new to the site

just like to share with every1 some pics of my car
Old 02-21-2008, 12:14 AM
ur2slow

Attached Thumbnails Show Off Your System!!!-02162008061.jpg  
Old 02-21-2008, 08:35 AM
1sickveilsidez

^^ Looks clean man. Welcome to the site.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:46 PM
XERMAN2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whould the head unit not overheat under that cover?
Old 04-26-2008, 04:10 PM
350Mark

here...
Attached Thumbnails Show Off Your System!!!-dsc02302.jpg   Show Off Your System!!!-dsc02390.jpg   Show Off Your System!!!-dsc02391.jpg   Show Off Your System!!!-dsc02071.jpg   Show Off Your System!!!-dsc02298.jpg  

Old 04-26-2008, 04:14 PM
350Mark

Attached Thumbnails Show Off Your System!!!-100_1562.jpg  

Quick Reply: Show Off Your System!!!