Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

sintaxeror's build log - tons of PICS/No 56k!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 04:40 AM
sintaxeror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crom
I think I'm running the same amps...nine 1 and nine 2 ?...
close! nine.2 and nine.2x
Old 03-10-2008, 04:41 AM
sintaxeror

Originally Posted by cbr900son
LOOKS GREAT! Only thing id recommend for people doing this. Keep the batery disconnected while running the wires. Or at least take the fuse out of the fuse holder.
Yeah I disconnected the battery when i hooked up the battery to the fuseholder.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:26 AM
cbr900son

Originally Posted by sintaxeror
Yeah I disconnected the battery when i hooked up the battery to the fuseholder.
Yeah just saying better safe then sry i dont rehook up power or reinstall fuse till all my wires are ran. Just a safety tip for those reading and wanna try their own install. For anyone wanting to try - DO IT! It's not as hard as most think and really worth it. The experience and knowledge plus u save some serious $ from paying someplace to do it.

Now sintaxeror BACK TO WORK!!!! heh
Old 03-10-2008, 07:18 AM
sintaxeror

Originally Posted by cbr900son
Yeah just saying better safe then sry i dont rehook up power or reinstall fuse till all my wires are ran. Just a safety tip for those reading and wanna try their own install. For anyone wanting to try - DO IT! It's not as hard as most think and really worth it. The experience and knowledge plus u save some serious $ from paying someplace to do it.

Now sintaxeror BACK TO WORK!!!! heh
I think we are saying the same thing

the bad news today is.. it looks like a pretty rough work week so I don't know how much will get done until next weekend =/
Old 03-10-2008, 07:19 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Patience... rushing thing will only make it worse
Old 03-10-2008, 11:19 AM
MDK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, awesome thread syntaxerror. I was planning on making a similar pod the same way.... using more MDF than fiber since I've never glassed anything. Now I can't wait to get my car out of winter storage and go at it!

Did you make your box curve way up into the strut tower just so you could fit a 10" in there? I'm probably going with a SoundSplinter 8", but if a 10 fits nicely I might have to give that some though too.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:44 AM
sintaxeror

Originally Posted by MDK
Man, awesome thread syntaxerror. I was planning on making a similar pod the same way.... using more MDF than fiber since I've never glassed anything. Now I can't wait to get my car out of winter storage and go at it!

Did you make your box curve way up into the strut tower just so you could fit a 10" in there? I'm probably going with a SoundSplinter 8", but if a 10 fits nicely I might have to give that some though too.
I'm not sure I understand your question?
What you see so far is all that has been done to this point.. I am confident the 10" will fit nicely.

And everyone please just call me Jay -- I feel like a tool with everyone using my online alias
Old 03-10-2008, 11:50 AM
SlideFox

I'm not sure I understand your question?
What you see so far is all that has been done to this point.. I am confident the 10" will fit nicely.

And everyone please just call me Jay -- I feel like a tool with everyone using my online alias
You mean this isn't The Matrix?
Old 03-10-2008, 11:52 AM
sintaxeror

Originally Posted by SlideFox
You mean this isn't The Matrix?
No it is not, Mr. Anderson.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:57 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Fine work! Keep up the great pics.....
Old 03-10-2008, 11:59 AM
SlideFox

No it is not, Mr. Anderson.
My name is Mike... Now that you are not a stranger anymore, my mommy said I can talk to you!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:29 PM
sintaxeror

Originally Posted by SlideFox
My name is Mike... Now that you are not a stranger anymore, my mommy said I can talk to you!
I'm not allowed to talk to strangers either.. unless they have candy. Do you have candy?
Old 03-10-2008, 02:02 PM
IndyZ-man

Jay, can you tell me what parts you needed to change the stock bose sub cover to the glove box? I've tried searching with no success. Also, did you add the interior of the glove box as well or is it just the door. Thanks for any help.

Nick
Old 03-10-2008, 02:10 PM
sintaxeror

Originally Posted by IndyZ-man
Jay, can you tell me what parts you needed to change the stock bose sub cover to the glove box? I've tried searching with no success. Also, did you add the interior of the glove box as well or is it just the door. Thanks for any help.

Nick
I just added the door, the original intention was to add the actual cubby also but there wasn't enough room for my amps.

All you need is the door and the little spring/string thing, the cubby, and the cubby support as far as I know. I can't tell you 100% because I didn't install the rest of that stuff, but I am pretty sure thats all you need.

I don't have part numbers unfortunately, I bought everything off of another forum member who was parting out.. but if you are interested in this I can sell you all the cubby parts that I didn't use, then all you would need is the door.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:14 PM
IndyZ-man

I just added the door, the original intention was to add the actual cubby also but there wasn't enough room for my amps.

All you need is the door and the little spring/string thing, the cubby, and the cubby support as far as I know. I can't tell you 100% because I didn't install the rest of that stuff, but I am pretty sure thats all you need.

I don't have part numbers unfortunately, I bought everything off of another forum member who was parting out.. but if you are interested in this I can sell you all the cubby parts that I didn't use, then all you would need is the door.
So to just do the door, all I need is the door and the spring/string thing? I'll take some measurements from my other cubby and see if my amps will fit. I think it would give it a cleaner look rather than opening up the door to see amps and all the sheetmetal garbage.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:32 PM
sintaxeror

Originally Posted by IndyZ-man
So to just do the door, all I need is the door and the spring/string thing? I'll take some measurements from my other cubby and see if my amps will fit. I think it would give it a cleaner look rather than opening up the door to see amps and all the sheetmetal garbage.
Yep thats all you need for the door. It really depends how big your amps are..... I would have liked to use the actual cubby too.. plus then you can design and mount your amp rack outside of the car, then just install the whole piece.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:45 PM
IndyZ-man

Yep thats all you need for the door. It really depends how big your amps are..... I would have liked to use the actual cubby too.. plus then you can design and mount your amp rack outside of the car, then just install the whole piece.
Thanks for the info. Looks like my amps are going to be too big for the cubby. Keep up the good work though!
Old 03-10-2008, 03:32 PM
sintaxeror

UPDATE 3/10/08 Evening

Don't know why I traced that stuff out on wood yesterday... back to using cardboard..

Cut out..

Traced..

Cut...

all the pieces here, sanded the edges..

Mocked up.. looks good.

tiny bottle of glue..

Who needs clamps?

Thats all for today! I'll go to the store tonight and pick up some L-brackets or something to reinforce those joints.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:13 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

photo loggin the whole process must be a huge pain in the ***. Everytime I try to do that, I end up with only a few pictures at the end of the install lol.

Keep up the perfectionism
Old 03-10-2008, 04:20 PM
geomark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't keep up!! What is that going to be used for? What the 18 pack is holding down.

Quick Reply: sintaxeror's build log - tons of PICS/No 56k!