Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

finally! Avic D3/custom Ipod *PICS

Old 04-29-2008, 11:44 AM
iMikie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally! Avic D3/custom Ipod *PICS

Here is my quick review of how I feel about the pioneer Avic D3.

I had it installed so I can't comment about how easy it is to do this, but I am sure using the official install guide will help.

Quality:

Looks
*The Avic has a gloss black appearence, which a lot of peeps don't like. I don't mind it, and it looks very stock using the metra kit. Volume **** feels nice and the other buttons on the side are very responsive.

Screen
*This is an lcd screen, so in the direct sunlight, the picture washes out a little. The colors are incredible, esp. at night or in dark lighting. Touchscreen is extremely responsive. You barely have to press it. I can't imagine not having a touchscreen after this one. I suggest getting iklear or some other cleaning solution. Although I didn't try it, I will let you know how it works. It is for ipod computer screens or navi units for cars and other cool things. Keeps the fingerprints done, even though this unit doesn't show many to begin with.

Ipod mount
*in the pics. I wanted something clean and custom (or at least to me) that I haven't seen. I used the coin holder thingy to drill a clean hold and mount the ipod there. Any ipod can mount there so it functions very much like a docking station. I also have it on charge mod constantly. Close the lid and it was never there no wires visible in sight. I like the versatility and how easy this mod was. *This does not get in the way of my arm, but might for you manual guys.

Functioning:

Radio
*very easy to navigate and you can preset whatever channels you wish.

Ipod
*The ipod is pretty responsive, and the controls are just like using an ipod. The only time I have to control it from the ipod video is when I want to play a music video. All songs are in order just like on your itunes library. I don't think you can skip from A to Z, but I'm not sure. Still playing with it. I also have a slight hissing noise sometimes, but this could be from my stock speakers. Not sure. Any idea? It comes and goes. Not that big of a deal. Ipod unit is great, no more cds!

Navi advice: do the bypass, makes life easier, but please keep your eyes on the road. I can have the navi running while listening to music which is great.

*Wow, this thing is incredibly accurate. It is some chica that talks to you and you can adjust her voice as much as you like. I tried to **** her off by turning down all the wrong ways, and each time, she rerouted me very easily. I couldn't believe how many closer starbucks were to my home that I didn't know about you can pretty much look up anything with it. I can only comment so much about all the different options because I didn't use it much.

Custom splash screens/pics
*just look at my pics and see what I mean. I love how I can edit any picture and incorporate it for a custom look. I can have any pic while playing music. It is funny to watch people's expressions while driving. I hope they don't crash tho

DVD
*great quality and easy to control, but I wish the writing on the main dvd menu were more clear. It sounds amazing and its nice that whoever is in my car can watch the movies.

That is all I can comment about because this toy is going to take alot of time to get use to. I didn't even open up the book, thats how easy it is. It does an endless amount of cool things.

Price: $520 from Al and Ed's car audio online, but that deal is no longer runing. You can't beat this unit for this price. You can still get them cheap while they last. The only extras I did was the ipod so I can't say anything about all the other nice accessories you can get. Enjoy.

here is my car

here is a 3D computer drawing of my car, but I don't have those wheels. *This is not my work. This picture starts up when you turn on the car. It looks a little grainy but shouldn't. I added texture to it in my fireworks program and will fix it, leaving a smooth finish. I put a purple Z there because well, I like purple, lol.

here is a sexy pic I took and added a Z in the center. Looks perfect and fits the theme of the ipod. Its always nice on the eyes

Here is how it looks with the metra kit. Very clean

with the custom ipod location

again, you can mount any ipod doing it this way

Closeup. You simply pull up the cord a little to reveal the adapter/teeth to unook the ipod and put the cord back in, and close the lid.

here is another pic showing my ipod video. I really love the cover I have for it. I think its from Belkin. Its like a black chrome cover that protects it and lights up perfect when you touch it. Kind of like a mirror effect.

the movie "HEAT" badddddasssss movie

music video, Lil Wayne "Lollipop" love it lol

some of the radio controls. sexy girl still there

I didn't expect it to be this cool. Hell, you can even have it calculate the g's when your car turns or some bs like that, lol. *see next pic

sound controls

ipod

navi options *you can change the blue to any color if you wish

I didn't take many pics of the navi maps, because thats kinda dangerous. I can always stop and take a few quick pics and will post them up.

I hope you like it!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:19 PM
DesiZ_06

bery NICE!

now tell me how the hell u did the background thing? i have avic n3....i'm trying to change the damn background!!! i hate that fukin www.avic411.com site..just piece of ****!!!

about the ipod docking station,

that's nothing new seriously. i have seen threads that have people putting their ipod in there...but dammit u had my hopes up! i was hoping u'd do something about the cubby hole! ...*** i mite as well make myself useful over the summer and do something about the cubby hole...

but nonetheless..im liking the setup! great job!!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:25 PM
iMikie

thx Dezi! I kinda figured it wasn't anything new or really custom, but I love how it turned out.

oh and about the cubby hole i was scared to try something new j/k, but I want to keep that space for a second screen. Yea, make yourself useful and get to work! lol.

I'll be on later and try to post the very simple steps to make custom backgrounds, at least on the D3. I have to study alot, so I"ll try my best to post up later.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:26 PM
ZKansasZ

very, very nice!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Coehsp350Z

all i know is i have the AVIC Z1 and in order to put up custom images from your CD make sure you burn over 100MB worht of pics in order for the player to scan the disk.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:36 PM
DesiZ_06

hmm..i'll try and do that way
Old 04-29-2008, 05:44 PM
iMikie

ok guys, why do I have this crazy hisssinnng sound when the ipod is mostly turned on. Its random and does it louder and quieter sometimes. Driving me insane. Just pisses me off because I just replaced the dam cord. Is it because I have the stock bose speakers? ahhhhhhh