Notices

Cancel Airbag Light (Proper Way) and 07 Weight Sensor Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:11 PM
rijowysock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cancel Airbag Light (Proper Way) and 07 Weight Sensor Bypass

well i know its been posted 5000000000000 times how to cancel out the airbag light BUT everyone just posted the method of changing the SRS from USER mode to DIAGNOSIS mode which does nothing but tell you which problem is coming up and then whats happening is people are messing up the order and accidentally cancelling out the airbag light.

the proper way to do the cancelling out after installing seats or etc is:

1: put key in ignition
2: turn to the ON position (not engine on but ACC on), SRS light will come on for a solid 7 seconds and then it will start to blink.. as soon as it goes off after the 7 second "on" turn to off position.
3: you'll hear beeps from the car, count 5 sets of beats (5 seconds)

4: turn to the ON position, SRS light will come on for a solid 7 seconds and then it will start to blink.. as soon as it goes off after the 7 second "on" turn to off position.
5: you'll hear beeps from the car, count 5 sets of beats (5 seconds)

6: turn to the ON position, SRS light will come on for a solid 7 seconds and then it will start to blink.. as soon as it goes off after the 7 second "on" turn to off position.
7: you'll hear beeps from the car, count 5 sets of beats (5 seconds)

8: turn to on, and leave on... now if it turns off after the 7 second solid "ON" you are good to go. if it starts to do something else (which mine did) look below on the chart to see what it means.

for me my problem was 5 flashes after a 2 second off 3 second on 2 secong off which meant that the occupant sensor was the problem (i didnt have fully plugged in) once plugged in i did the above reset and it went all clear ;-)

pictures of my car, and how i bypassed the weight sensor..

first you shoudlnt have a problem unless the passenger seat it out of the car.. so it should already be out and now flip over so bottom is facing you.

remove this guard piece held on by (3) 12mm bolts.. (make sure to loosen, they are backwords so it takes a second to think which way is which)

next remove these slats from under the seat... just push down the metal between then end and pull out carefully

next unbolt the weight sensor brain

next reach down and ull feel 2 tabs holding the bladder onto the seat.. pry the tabs without harming bladder.

you should now be able to remove bladder after taking all the little tabs that hold the clips off.

bladder looks like this

i then cut the material piece so i could remove it.. and then cut the thick white plastic so i could remove it.

then i put the masterial piece back on and rolled the bladder up like a burrito. zip tying it not very tight...

next you want to plus everything in and turn on the car... weight about 20 seconds and see if the passenger airbag off light comes on.. if it doesnt leave as it and move on.. if it still comes on.. reach over and grab the bladder and slowly tighten the zip ties a couple clicks each, then wait 20 seconds or so... then retighten until the light goes off. now snip off the ends of the zip ties..

i then tucked the bladded under carpet right under the butt of the seat... you'll feel a foam piece in there.. if u took this out you would have uber room but i already had room under seat so i just forced it in...

next you will see my Nismo bypass harness used to cancel out the airbag light.. you can also use a 2.2ohm resistor (not 2.2K, 2.2ohm the colors on the resistor should read: RED RED GOLD GOLD this means 2.2ohm, all resistors are marked with their ohmage on the actualy resistor)

now everything tucked under you will see a little buldge where the bladder is hidden

voila... everything you needed to know about SRS light reset and weight sensor.

riley

Last edited by 3hree5ive0ero; 09-21-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:12 PM
rijowysock

obv u can see its for G but same for 350Z

i just wish driver side had the under seat vent so i could route it up thru the anti-submarining hole in the Bride and have heated and Airconditioned Seats...:-D
Old 05-19-2007, 03:15 PM
UHATEIT

you seem extremely knowledgeable about this... I have an airbag question for you.....

my car is missing the front airbag sensor behind the bumper, just the plug remains there behind the aftermarket bumper so i have a blinking red airbag light on all the time.

any way to turn that off at all by pulling a fuse, tricking it, and without having
to install a new sensor?

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:40 PM
rijowysock

Originally Posted by UHATEIT
you seem extremely knowledgeable about this... I have an airbag question for you.....

my car is missing the front airbag sensor behind the bumper, just the plug remains there behind the aftermarket bumper so i have a blinking red airbag light on all the time.

any way to turn that off at all by pulling a fuse, tricking it, and without having
to install a new sensor?

Thanks for the help!
mostly knowledgeable because ive been searching and reading posts, about a thousand of them it seems and then none of what they said worked.. so i got the service manual and read the SRS section cover to cover..

why dont you have a sensor there? the actual airbag is basically a resistor.. but the sensors.. i have no idea about.. i would say their a resistor as well BUTTT if you plugged something in that gave too much, or not enugh resistance it could trigger the SRS system to deploy the bags=not good at all.

my advice in ur situation would be to A: replace the sensor. and then do the reset above. or open the guage cluster up and crack the damn LED that powers the SRS light. to get rid of it.. i know its a pain.. i stared at mine for 2 weeks waiting for the passenger nismo harness after i only ordered 1 by mistake at first

riley
Old 05-20-2007, 08:04 AM
UHATEIT

front end accidet and the sensor is gone but airbags are all in tacts. i WAS thinking about putting a resister in the plug, but if it is the wrong type it could trip it and make them blow which would be even worse!

how hard is it to putt the guages apart and remove the light?
Old 05-20-2007, 09:01 AM
rijowysock

i would post that as a quetion, ive personally never taken Z gauges apart but i know theirs numerous people who have.. would be best off asking on who has cause they would know any little tricks needed to get it done right/quicker.. im sorry i cant be of more help...
Old 05-23-2007, 03:00 PM
BlackSpec02

Good write up.

Maybe you can answer my question too. My airbag light comes on every few months and I have just been following the proceedure to make it stop blinking. I have the factory touring seats with airbag (FYI). This time i used your write up to check the code and it was 2 seconds off 3 seconds on, over and over. Meaning, "erase the memory" according to what you've posted. So I turned the car off and back on again to erase the memory and the light is now off... but my question would be why does it keep coming back on like that (this is the second or third time its come on since ive had the car)?

Last edited by BlackSpec02; 05-23-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:38 PM
CaliBoy

hey my light is on as well and looking at the chart it is telling me the "drivers air bag module" code..but that bag was never blown so i dont know why it would do that..any ideas ?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:05 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very good write up. I'll be changing my seats this coming week. I still got to buy a couple of resistors though.

I tried the other way on my buddies Titan the other day and it worked fine. I don't think I messed it up though. I thought when done right your switching from USER mode to DIAGNOSIS mode, and then back to USER mode. Which the procedure is done a total of six times repeating the same steps above. Instead of waiting for five beeps, I waited 3 seconds. But I'm going to try the method you posted, sense it's the right way.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:24 PM
zguyd3

If the airbag light is flashing does that mean the airbag is not going to work in an accident?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:23 PM
BlackSpec02

Originally Posted by BlackSpec02
Good write up.

Maybe you can answer my question too. My airbag light comes on every few months and I have just been following the proceedure to make it stop blinking. I have the factory touring seats with airbag (FYI). This time i used your write up to check the code and it was 2 seconds off 3 seconds on, over and over. Meaning, "erase the memory" according to what you've posted. So I turned the car off and back on again to erase the memory and the light is now off... but my question would be why does it keep coming back on like that (this is the second or third time its come on since ive had the car)?
Actually... it came right back on again and is still on...WTH!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:52 PM
cyan

can't you just pull the gauge cluster and remove the bulb for the airbag light? that's what I did in my eclipse.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:59 PM
rijowysock

Originally Posted by BlackSpec02
Actually... it came right back on again and is still on...WTH!

idk man, sounds like something coming loose.. just enuff to cause a delay for the computer to think theirs a problem. i did mine once and its fine
Old 08-08-2007, 02:35 PM
japbeercow

Is there a reason why you would want the passenger side airbag light to come on? If you don't compress the occupant sensor bladder wouldn't it just basically be the same as not having a passenger present?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:48 PM
rijowysock

Originally Posted by japbeercow
Is there a reason why you would want the passenger side airbag light to come on? If you don't compress the occupant sensor bladder wouldn't it just basically be the same as not having a passenger present?
without weight on the sensor, the light comes on "airbag off"
meaning the airbag is off for the passenger.. so if i got hit, and person in pass seat theyd have no airbag.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:22 AM
imonlykidden

good write-up.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:55 AM
350zrn35

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Airbag sensor off bypass harnesses

I think NISSAN USA is no longer selling these!
If anyone need these nismo airbag warning cancel harnesses, I could perhaps get a few from Japan.
Attached Thumbnails Cancel Airbag Light (Proper Way) and 07 Weight Sensor Bypass-nismowarningcancel.jpg  

Last edited by 350zrn35; 08-14-2007 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:07 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks for a much better explanation. I was going by another thread and his steps confused the hell out of me. Yours is way more organized and easier.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:35 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UHATEIT

to install a new sensor?
Shouldn't you actually be thinking about enabling the air bags instead of disabling the warning?
Old 09-21-2007, 01:43 AM
G35cTT

Originally Posted by 350zrn35
I think NISSAN USA is no longer selling these!
If anyone need these nismo airbag warning cancel harnesses, I could perhaps get a few from Japan.

They did discontinue making them but I think you can still get them here.

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=2800

Quick Reply: Cancel Airbag Light (Proper Way) and 07 Weight Sensor Bypass