Notices

DIY: 06+ Base with Cruise Control using Uprev + OEM Parts

Old 01-15-2015, 02:07 PM
The_Assassin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ian99rt
It depends on the base model Rom your starting from.
I have a 2007 hr base. I tune on monday and still can't get in contact with them
Old 01-16-2015, 06:40 AM
Don1376

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you already have Uprev flashed on your ECU, you don't need a different rom. Just need to contact us to have CC enabled in your current rom. I believe there's a $100 charge to do it. I'm just the tech so not positive on cost for sure, not my department. Did you try 512-821-9848 ext.501? That's our sales guy and he can answer any other questions you may have.

06 and newer ECUs have support for CC and the wiring for the switches, just not enabled on cars that came without it.

Last edited by Don1376; 01-16-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:45 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

I was the first to do this, there was a specific rom that enabled it, posted in my original thread. It was not a "turn on cruise" button.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:50 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
I was the first to do this, there was a specific rom that enabled it, posted in my original thread. It was not a "turn on cruise" button.
There is no "one size fits all" rom to enable cruise control. It all depends on what YOUR specific ECU # is; sometimes there is another factory rom that already has cruise control enabled that is compatible with yours that you can simply reflash over your rom, if not you have to have Uprev's guys add the cruise control capability to your factory rom file and reflash it. There is a $100 charge for them to add it in.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:50 AM
Don1376

May of been a specific rom because that rom already had it enabled. My rom had no cruise control until our developers enabled it in my original Uprev flashed rom.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:53 AM
Don1376

Originally Posted by seymore4
There is no "one size fits all" rom to enable cruise control. It all depends on what YOUR specific ECU # is; sometimes there is another factory rom that already has cruise control enabled that is compatible with yours that you can simply reflash over your rom, if not you have to have Uprev's guys add the cruise control capability to your factory rom file and reflash it. There is a $100 charge for them to add it in.
There may be another factory rom with it enabled that you could flash over your current rom but then you're going to have to have it re-tuned for the new rom.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:37 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by seymore4
Where did I say there was a "one size fits all" rom?

I said I & my tuner on my gamble buying & installing the parts, did it. He flashed several roms, until I had cruise.

By the way UPREV you are welcome for the free r&d I did figuring a new source of income for you.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:50 AM
Don1376

Where did I say there was a "one size fits all" rom?

I said I & my tuner on my gamble buying & installing the parts, did it. He flashed several roms, until I had cruise.

By the way UPREV you are welcome for the free r&d I did figuring a new source of income for you.
Lol, how did you do r&d for us with your tuner flashing roms till 1 worked? This is not how we enable CC. We can enable CC on any 06 and newer ECU on the same rom the ECU came with as long as you have a Uprev license. That's why there is a cost. We don't just find a rom that has CC enabled and hope it's compatible. CC can be enabled without it effecting the current Uprev tune on your rom.

You're actually lucky your ECU didn't get bricked flashing random roms on it.

Last edited by Don1376; 01-16-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:12 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Don1376
Lol, how did you do r&d for us with your tuner flashing roms till 1 worked? This is not how we enable CC. We can enable CC on any 06 and newer ECU on the same rom the ECU came with as long as you have a Uprev license. That's why there is a cost. We don't just find a rom that has CC enabled and hope it's compatible. CC can be enabled without it effecting the current Uprev tune on your rom.

You really are a piece of work. Look prior to my first thread on this, no one thought it was possible, in fact it was said to be impossible.

Now magically you claim you could always push the button & on top of it claim I might have bricked my unit?

Why were you not charging for this all along if it was always so easy?

Nice!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:25 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
Great write up Ian and good work E30cabrio, guys have been kicking this around for a while hoping it would work but never really dove into it. Ian let me know when you need to upgrade to a tuner version. In the meantime I can send you a ROM with antitheft and a 91 octane map as well. Also for you other guys I could probably get a low price together to help you convert none CC ROMs to Cruise enabled ROMs
Before Don says it was always possible.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:27 AM
Don1376

You really are a piece of work. Look prior to my first thread on this, no one thought it was possible, in fact it was said to be impossible.

Now magically you claim you could always push the button & on top of it claim I might have bricked my unit?

Why were you not charging for this all along if it was always so easy?

Nice!
I never said it's a push of a button nor did I say you might of bricked your ECU. It took our developers awhile to find how to enable CC on ECUs 06 and newer, not sure exactly when they figured out how. I know it's been over a year since they unlocked it on my ECU with factory version Uprev rom on my 06 Enthusiast model. And I said you were lucky, or maybe fortunate is a better word, that your ECU didn't get bricked. There's alot of different model ECUs in the same year model cars each with a different rom. Some maybe compatible with others and some aren't. I wasn't trying to offend you and please don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say. Was only trying to clarify that CC can be enabled in ECU's 06 and newer that didn't come with it enabled from the factory with it's same version rom as long as it's been Uprev unlocked. Thats why CC worked in your ECU with a compatible rom with CC enabled, the hardware and controls were already there in your ECU just not enabled originally on your model from factory. I'm happy it worked for you and meant no disrespect.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:28 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

I never said it's a push of a button nor did I say you might of bricked your ECU. It took our developers awhile to find how to enable CC on ECUs 06 and newer, not sure exactly when they figured out how. I know it's been over a year since they unlocked it on my ECU with factory version Uprev rom on my 06 Enthusiast model. And I said you were lucky, or maybe fortunate is a better word, that your ECU didn't get bricked. There's alot of different model ECUs in the same year model cars each with a different rom. Some maybe compatible with others and some aren't. I wasn't trying to offend you and please don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say. Was only trying to clarify that CC can be enabled in ECU's 06 and newer that didn't come with it enabled from the factory with it's same version rom as long as it's been Uprev unlocked. Thats why CC worked in your ECU with a compatible rom with CC enabled, the hardware and controls were already there in your ECU just not enabled originally on your model from factory. I'm happy it worked for you and meant no disrespect.
Happyforyou, I did it end of 2011.

Name:  Screenshot2015-01-16112559_zpsc55ba761.png
Views: 312
Size:  134.0 KB

Go home & get your shoe shine box.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:29 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

I see now how I misunderstood you NOT saying I might have bricked my unit.

Sorry?
Old 01-16-2015, 10:07 AM
Don1376

I see now how I misunderstood you NOT saying I might have bricked my unit.

Sorry?
I didn't say you might have bricked your unit, that's implying that your your unit was or is bricked possibly. I said you're lucky your unit didn't get bricked from flashing different roms. Obviously, it didn't get bricked because it still works. There's no unit that might be bricked but still working unless it was recovered by physically opening it and un-bricking it. It's either bricked or not, no maybe bricked and still working. I wasn't accusing you of bricking it or saying it was. Just that you were fortunate a brick didn't happen.

And I'm happy for you too, I didn't own my car till 2013 and unsure how long we have been able to enable CC. It wasn't till I tuned my car on our software and asked if there was a way to enable map switching on my car that I learned that we could even do it. I turn wrenches and install FI kits, I have nothing to do with the tuning or developing of the software although I'm starting to learn the tuning side of it. I apologize once again if I what I said came off wrong or offending. That is not how it was meant.

I was only trying to help The Assassin with getting in contact with Uprev and said it could be enabled in his rom. I never said there was a "turn on cruise button". Just that it is possible to be enabled on his current rom. I understand and give you credit for finding that a specific rom with it already enabled can do it. Was only saying that a rom that doesn't have it on stock can be edited to enable the feature in certain year models that came without it.

Last edited by Don1376; 01-16-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:12 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Old 01-16-2015, 11:13 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

I didn't say you might have bricked your unit, that's implying that your your unit was or is bricked possibly. I said you're lucky your unit didn't get bricked from flashing different roms. Obviously, it didn't get bricked because it still works. There's no unit that might be bricked but still working unless it was recovered by physically opening it and un-bricking it. It's either bricked or not, no maybe bricked and still working. I wasn't accusing you of bricking it or saying it was. Just that you were fortunate a brick didn't happen.

And I'm happy for you too, I didn't own my car till 2013 and unsure how long we have been able to enable CC. It wasn't till I tuned my car on our software and asked if there was a way to enable map switching on my car that I learned that we could even do it. I turn wrenches and install FI kits, I have nothing to do with the tuning or developing of the software although I'm starting to learn the tuning side of it. I apologize once again if I what I said came off wrong or offending. That is not how it was meant.

I was only trying to help The Assassin with getting in contact with Uprev and said it could be enabled in his rom. I never said there was a "turn on cruise button". Just that it is possible to be enabled on his current rom. I understand and give you credit for finding that a specific rom with it already enabled can do it. Was only saying that a rom that doesn't have it on stock can be edited to enable the feature in certain year models that came without it.
You understand saying you are lucky something did not happen is saying it could have happened.

The prime things I see here are you got involved 2+ years after the fact & you don't know what was happening prior.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Don1376

You understand saying you are lucky something did not happen is saying it could have happened.

The prime things I see here are you got involved 2+ years after the fact & you don't know what was happening prior.
Like I said, I was only trying to help someone get in contact with Uprev and said it could be enabled in his rom. I'm sorry for trying to help and will stay off this forum like the rest of Uprev does if I was out of place. I wasn't involving myself with nothing but saying it could be done. Didn't say we were the first to nor does it matter what was happening prior. I didn't say anything pertaining to prior or that Uprev enabling it was the only way. I don't understand why you came back at me after my first post. I give you credit and respect for helping the community of Z owners with a way to make them even happier with a great car. I'm sorry and done.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:12 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Syner
Old 04-25-2015, 07:16 PM
D'sNuts

how do you secure the sensor that goes to the brake pedal. It obviously fits in but how do you secure it, is there a nut that I am not aware of? thanks
Old 04-28-2015, 01:55 PM
icer5160

Received 398 Likes on 299 Posts

The brake pedal sensor is the brown/black plastic one right?
This sensor needs to be twist locked. Push in and turn 90 degrees clockwise. If you flip a few pages back, you can find a link to a PDF DIY guide I made with step by step instructions.
-Icer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY: 06+ Base with Cruise Control using Uprev + OEM Parts