Notices

DIY: 06+ Base with Cruise Control using Uprev + OEM Parts

Old 12-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Depravity

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

That clutch pedal switch was an absolute PITA with my big hands and that huge wire loom in the way, while being upside down and crunched under the pedals..but I finally got it in

Brake pedal switch was easy mode. Steering wheel controls tomorrow!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Depravity

So I stripped the Torx bolt on the left side...but I finished up thanks to help from a friend. All done,

Last edited by Depravity; 12-03-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

Originally Posted by Depravity
So I stripped the Torx bolt on the left side...but I finished up thanks to help from a friend. All done,
I'd use a dremel, make a slot and get it off with a flathead.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Depravity

Just to confirm, the audio controls are working perfectly on my '07 without the tune
Old 12-04-2012, 03:22 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to confirm, the audio controls are working perfectly on my '07 without the tune
You did audio and cruise controls at the same time?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Depravity

Originally Posted by The_Laughing_Man
You did audio and cruise controls at the same time?
Yep. The switch I bought was tethered together, pretty convenient! I didn't expect any of the audio controls to work, but they seem to be just fine. Awesome surprise

I was looking forward to an easy install, but the whole steering wheel had to come off in order to do this. I'm pretty sure it's because I have an '07 Base, though. There were two screws on each panel/switch, instead of one.

Last edited by Depravity; 12-04-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Depravity

Quick question for those of you who did remove the steering wheel, did you line up the two slash marks in the center when you put the wheel back on? I did, and the steering is off just a bit.

Here's a picture of what i'm talking about, ignore the red arrow

Old 12-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Depravity

Cruise Control + Uprev Tuned. Pretty happy now
Old 12-09-2012, 05:36 AM
ian99rt

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Quick question for those of you who did remove the steering wheel, did you line up the two slash marks in the center when you put the wheel back on? I did, and the steering is off just a bit.

Here's a picture of what i'm talking about, ignore the red arrow

I also ran into a little issue with the wheel and steering shaft marks. Perfectly in line and tie rods almost exactly the same threads showing, my wheel was off. Just pulled the wheel and moved it one spline to correct the issue.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Depravity

Originally Posted by ian99rt
I also ran into a little issue with the wheel and steering shaft marks. Perfectly in line and tie rods almost exactly the same threads showing, my wheel was off. Just pulled the wheel and moved it one spline to correct the issue.
Thanks Ian, glad to know I wasn't the only one who ran into that issue. Steering wheel also feels incredibly tight, so I might just need to loosen it a bit. Every time I make a left or right turn, the wheel makes a sound. Easy enough fix though, I ended up replacing the tamper bolts with regular hex head cap screws
Old 12-09-2012, 09:55 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It's interesting that you did the audio controls too. I should have done that.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Depravity

I love 'em. I don't even touch the headunit anymore lol
Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 PM
jarrettgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I recently received all the parts necessary in order to get the cruise control up and running on my 08 base and realize it is now time to drop the extra cash on the critical unit. Before getting my car uprev tuned I want to make sure I get the right package and will be able to get the cruise control uploaded with my first tune.

Unfortunately, I have no tuner in the area and was hoping i could get an etune that would effectively load the cruise control rom. Is this possible or do I have to have it done by a professional tuner? Additionally, I have a base and have not modded it yet, so I was hoping to get the osiris standard package so that when i do modify my car, I have an etune already paid for.

If anyone could please chime in and inform me what package is necessary and whether or not I need to contact an uprev employee before purchasing the standard I would be extremely grateful. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:24 PM
ian99rt

Originally Posted by jarrettgt
Well, I recently received all the parts necessary in order to get the cruise control up and running on my 08 base and realize it is now time to drop the extra cash on the critical unit. Before getting my car uprev tuned I want to make sure I get the right package and will be able to get the cruise control uploaded with my first tune.

Unfortunately, I have no tuner in the area and was hoping i could get an etune that would effectively load the cruise control rom. Is this possible or do I have to have it done by a professional tuner? Additionally, I have a base and have not modded it yet, so I was hoping to get the osiris standard package so that when i do modify my car, I have an etune already paid for.

If anyone could please chime in and inform me what package is necessary and whether or not I need to contact an uprev employee before purchasing the standard I would be extremely grateful. Thanks.
From my experience I would call vince at RT tuning.
They can sell you the uprev standard kit and etune you when your ready.

I got my uprev standard used so I had to have a license transfer. Vince did it for the same as uprev, and we went thru a good few more than 3 revisions of etunes.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:48 PM
jarrettgt

Originally Posted by ian99rt
From my experience I would call vince at RT tuning.
They can sell you the uprev standard kit and etune you when your ready.

I got my uprev standard used so I had to have a license transfer. Vince did it for the same as uprev, and we went thru a good few more than 3 revisions of etunes.
Okay, going off that I will get in contact with Vince and try to work something out. Any idea what the time span may be to order the kit and get it up and running? I realize that the cipher will take some time to get an accurate gauge of my car's performance and I am hoping that once I send him the results he will be able to attach the cruise control with the first etune? If you don't mind me asking, why did it take so many revisions...was it because you were the first one to receive it and there were a few issues to sort out? Should I expect the same or has everything been resolved since them? I'm assuming a a few people have done it since them. Will reserve the rest of the questions for Vince, but would definitely appreciate the input so I know what I am getting myself into. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:53 PM
ian99rt

Originally Posted by jarrettgt
Okay, going off that I will get in contact with Vince and try to work something out. Any idea what the time span may be to order the kit and get it up and running? I realize that the cipher will take some time to get an accurate gauge of my car's performance and I am hoping that once I send him the results he will be able to attach the cruise control with the first etune? If you don't mind me asking, why did it take so many revisions...was it because you were the first one to receive it and there were a few issues to sort out? Should I expect the same or has everything been resolved since them? I'm assuming a a few people have done it since them. Will reserve the rest of the questions for Vince, but would definitely appreciate the input so I know what I am getting myself into. Thanks.
Multiple revisions due to vince being very thorough to get my tune as good as possible remotely without a dyno.

We did all the tuning about a month before trying the cruise control install. He transferred my tune parameters to a modified touring model ROM.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 AM
tlemert

This might be a stupid question, but what would happen if I swapped my 07 base ECU with an 07 enthusiast ECU? Would that work rather than doing the UpRev tune on my current ECU?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

Off the top of my head it seems to me you would need your NATS set up at a dealer which costs a bunch forget the excessive cost of an ECU.

But sure it would work.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 AM
ian99rt

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
Off the top of my head it seems to me you would need your NATS set up at a dealer which costs a bunch forget the excessive cost of an ECU.

But sure it would work.
Ditto
Old 02-04-2013, 06:30 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by tlemert
This might be a stupid question, but what would happen if I swapped my 07 base ECU with an 07 enthusiast ECU? Would that work rather than doing the UpRev tune on my current ECU?

Thanks
You could also use Uprev to disable NATs, but either way you're out a couple hundred bucks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY: 06+ Base with Cruise Control using Uprev + OEM Parts