Notices

DIY: 06+ Base with Cruise Control using Uprev + OEM Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 07:40 AM
timeltel

Received 176 Likes on 122 Posts

From the information found in the early posts by e30cabrio & esp. for the specific info from ian99rt, my base '08 and this thread went to Dynosty three years ago. Left there tuned and with CC enabled.

To the best of my knowledge, Uprev rode in on their coattails 'bout half a year later. Nothing wrong with that (or an Uprev tech. confirming the availability of the reflash). Just a little late but thanks, guys.

Last edited by timeltel; 04-29-2015 at 07:48 AM. Reason: syntax
Old 05-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Depravity

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

If anyone reading this is interested, I have a mint 07 steering wheel w/controls up for sale. This worked perfectly for cruise control when I followed the instructions in this thread. Ended up getting a steering wheel off a Nismo, so I have no need for this one anymore!
Old 05-11-2015, 07:57 AM
D'sNuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by icer5160
The brake pedal sensor is the brown/black plastic one right?
This sensor needs to be twist locked. Push in and turn 90 degrees clockwise. If you flip a few pages back, you can find a link to a PDF DIY guide I made with step by step instructions.
-Icer
Thank you!
Old 03-26-2016, 11:04 AM
Qlitv

So i got uprev tune last week and today i went to the shop after I installed switches and buttons to ask the tuner to switch ROM for one that has CC enable and he say that the car will need to be retuned (wich i would have to pay another $400) because he cant transfer the tune file from one ROM to the other.

Wich from what i read here it is possible or i misunderstand?
Old 03-27-2016, 05:00 PM
ian99rt

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Qlitv
So i got uprev tune last week and today i went to the shop after I installed switches and buttons to ask the tuner to switch ROM for one that has CC enable and he say that the car will need to be retuned (wich i would have to pay another $400) because he cant transfer the tune file from one ROM to the other.

Between my the EV10A (Base model), EV12A (Cruise Control), and EV12C (Later Cruise Control) Roms there was no notable difference when using the Rom Editor.

There was nothing done between the EV10A and EV12A Roms, just simply flash the ECU with the CC enabled rom.

As far as I see it the tuner is looking to charge you $400 for doing nothing but copy and pasting the few maps he modified.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:41 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

Originally Posted by ian99rt
Between my the EV10A (Base model), EV12A (Cruise Control), and EV12C (Later Cruise Control) Roms there was no notable difference when using the Rom Editor.

There was nothing done between the EV10A and EV12A Roms, just simply flash the ECU with the CC enabled rom.

As far as I see it the tuner is looking to charge you $400 for doing nothing but copy and pasting the few maps he modified.
qft my tuner wrote the cc file over my tune. Also has a tune gone up? I paid 300 for my first tune and 150 for follow ups.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Qlitv

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
qft my tuner wrote the cc file over my tune. Also has a tune gone up? I paid 300 for my first tune and 150 for follow ups.
Did you lose that tune?

Where you from? Thats a good price!
Old 03-27-2016, 05:57 PM
Qlitv

Originally Posted by ian99rt

Thats what im thinking, he kept saying that you couldn't copy the tuned file from one ROM to the other and that a tune from zero had to be made
Old 03-27-2016, 06:03 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

Did you lose that tune?

Where you from? Thats a good price!
I am in Phoenix. My guy is the one that figured this out.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:17 PM
ianeberle

I'm getting my car tuned by a professional UpRev tuner on Thursday this week. I have already ordered a cruise-enabled steering wheel, the clutch sensor, and the brake sensor from eBay. The steering wheel will arrive on Wednesday, which is great, but the two switches won't be here until Friday - after my tuning appointment.

Will cruise control work with just the steering wheel attached, or is it a full circuit that requires both switches to be installed also? I want my tuner to install a cruise-enabled ROM before he tunes my car, and it would be nice to be able to test whether or not cruise control actually works before I leave his shop. Otherwise we'll just have to install the cruise-enabled ROM and I'll install the two switches later, praying it just works when everything is properly installed.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:38 AM
ian99rt

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ianeberle
I'm getting my car tuned by a professional UpRev tuner on Thursday this week. I have already ordered a cruise-enabled steering wheel, the clutch sensor, and the brake sensor from eBay. The steering wheel will arrive on Wednesday, which is great, but the two switches won't be here until Friday - after my tuning appointment.

Will cruise control work with just the steering wheel attached, or is it a full circuit that requires both switches to be installed also? I want my tuner to install a cruise-enabled ROM before he tunes my car, and it would be nice to be able to test whether or not cruise control actually works before I leave his shop. Otherwise we'll just have to install the cruise-enabled ROM and I'll install the two switches later, praying it just works when everything is properly installed.
There is no difference in the steering wheels, only the switch panels are blanked out on the non cruise models.

Without the switches your simply going to trust it will work (which it should if he knows his ROMs).
Old 04-24-2017, 11:17 AM
silver_350z

Ok guys, so I literally read all 15 pages lol. I know 2 days worth of reading and trying to do at the same time. So here is what I've done to this point- I have both brake and clutch switches installed. Have the steering wheel column installed. Have an upgraded version cluster w/tune installed. I should be good Right, WRONG! Now 2 things, cruise control still isn't working- won't let me set mileage or anything at all. Now second, I know the cluster works because it was tested on another z w/cruise control. The cruise led light won't light up on my car when plug in but TCS and SLIP STAYS On. I know the solution on how to fix he TCS and slip but any suggestions with both my ISSUES. Can it be because the clutch and brake switch where plug wrong (I'm sure I did them right) or can it be the actual tune not being activated with the new rom! Any suggestions would be helpful. Help a Z brother out lol
Old 04-25-2017, 11:11 AM
icer5160

Received 399 Likes on 300 Posts

Hey Silver,

It sounds like a ROM issue. If you tested the cluster and confirmed it works on another Z, yet the "Cruise" backlight doesn't light up when you hit the switch on the steering wheel in your Z, then these functions have not been properly enabled on your ECU.

Note I'm talking specifically about turning the "Cruise" listening function on and off, not setting/locking in the cruising speed.

Having the pedal switches properly installed is very important though, as I believe these complete the cruise circuitry. Similar to the door lock system, if you have one unplugged, it could break the whole system. But I would argue this should only be true when locking in a cruising speed/setting, not turning on the listening function, still I have not verified this through tests.

If you have the option to do so, I would test your pedal switches on another Z that is cruise enabled just to rule out those as the cause. But my money is on the ROM being the culprit.
Good Luck!
-Icer
Old 04-25-2017, 01:14 PM
silver_350z

Hey icer516,

Thank you again for replying and answering my questions. I will double check again with both my brake and clutch switch and maybe try it out on another 350z w/cruise. Got everything apart might as well test them out before I take it back to my Tuner. Thank you again and I'll keep everybody inform.for future Z owner