Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Can someone help

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 04:38 AM
Dsignr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help

I have a 2003 350z track which ive owned since new, serviced at nissan dealerships up until the 10K service and at MTA approved garages since then for the 20k and 30k services. My car now has 31000km and i have used shell helix ultra oil 5w-40.
My engine is now making a really loud noise and after having it towed to a Bankstown Nissan. it has been sitting there at their mercy since the 2nd of December.
Initially diagnosed with case hardening in the gearbox i had it replaced under warranty, to fix the so called noise. Apparantly my clutch and flywheel need changing, according to nissan and they want me to pay 3500 for the both.
The engine knock was still there, fifty days and counting my car is still there! Nissan dropped the sump emptied the 1000km used oil and disgarded it. They then realised they wanted an oil sample and took it out of the filter, a filter whose job is to filter contaminants. They claim that the engine oil was "not specified" and hence will not cover the engine under warranty, a quote to get the whole job done is $$$20500. HELP!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Nathan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't help you with Nissan, that will probably be a job for a lawyer.
What I can help with, if all else fails is a rebuild of your motor for a lot lot less than $20500.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Dsignr

Originally posted by Nathan
I can't help you with Nissan, that will probably be a job for a lawyer.
What I can help with, if all else fails is a rebuild of your motor for a lot lot less than $20500.
Thanks mate already spoken to your old man about that..
Old 02-01-2005, 05:03 PM
nuff

I've spoke to Peter P this morning and he told me that you have posted in this forum. If you scroll down through few threads you'll see that all of us have moved to another forum. It's www.************** if you need any more help.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:05 PM
nuff

Originally posted by nuff
I've spoke to Peter P this morning and he told me that you have posted in this forum. If you scroll down through few threads you'll see that all of us have moved to another forum. It's www.************** if you need any more help.
Well, the webpage is censored. So another try, "w w w . 3 5 0 z - t e c h . c o m". Just remove all the spaces and it should work.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:53 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nissan dealerships are tops.

Do not accept that as a response. When your there next you should write down the persons details while they are infront of you and maybe take a photo with a digital camera so he knows you've got him down as the individual selling you that crap.

I would also contact Nissan Australia and have a stern talk with them. Tell them the whole story etc and see what they say. You havnt done anything wrong and what they are trying to sell you is ********.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Dsignr

Originally posted by mchapman
Nissan dealerships are tops.

Do not accept that as a response. When your there next you should write down the persons details while they are infront of you and maybe take a photo with a digital camera so he knows you've got him down as the individual selling you that crap.

I would also contact Nissan Australia and have a stern talk with them. Tell them the whole story etc and see what they say. You havnt done anything wrong and what they are trying to sell you is ********.
In reply to that, i have spoken to nissan australia, the sydney office and also the dealer, their stance is not moving. The department of fair trading went to the dealer with me yesterday hopefully all will be resolved.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:23 PM
ypwpat

may i ask where did u get the info of Using Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40?

Is it from the dealer? Or you get it from Shell webpage net?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:51 AM
scathing

I hope that you get those guys at Nissan sorted out.

As others have said, its time to get proper legal advice since this is no longer merely a technical issue.

I'd suggest getting third party advice on the state of your driveline as well (perhaps Peter and the rest, or the other guys that know Z's) in case it boils down to it.

If worst comes to worst and you need to do a rebuild that's not covered under warranty, I'd tell Nissan to **** off and I'd be running much nicer internals (can anyone say lightweight and stronger internals for freer revving and preparation to run FI, and some mild cams?) and getting a power gain out of it.

Last edited by scathing; 02-22-2005 at 12:54 AM.