Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

K-Mac Suspension Pty

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 02:20 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K-Mac Suspension Pty

Any one down there know anything about them? Anybody live close?

I've been in contact with Kevin McIntyre for more then a year now about the upper a-arms for the 350Z. Nothing but delays and more delays. Looking for somebody to go bust some head and get them to finish the job .
Old 05-28-2005, 07:58 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

with the amount of a arms on the market now, why not just go with an existing solution?

The K Mac stuff is very functional...not the prettiest out there, but it works. Our first test of the durability on the ITS cars is today at Lime Rock...just installed their bushings this week on both Bimmers
Old 05-28-2005, 08:18 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
with the amount of a arms on the market now, why not just go with an existing solution?

The K Mac stuff is very functional...not the prettiest out there, but it works. Our first test of the durability on the ITS cars is today at Lime Rock...just installed their bushings this week on both Bimmers
The only offering that allows for enough positive camber adjustment is the 350EVO arm and I feel it's overpriced. There is also no caster adjustment. According to what I'm being told by K-MAC is theirs will do both. Since I've waited soooo long for them to make it I've been offered a very reduced price. I don't race my Z so I want to bring it back within spec after the suspension changes.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

how much camber adjustment are you trying to achieve? As for castor, unless your car is insanely lowered, caster will be well within factory specs up front. On my own car, my total rideheight from the top of the inner fender well to the ground is 25 inches - you would be hardpressed to lower a Z any more than that to be honest. My camber pre a arm install was still very reasonable (a tad over 2 degrees). With the Cusco arms, I can get down to -1.3 degrees if I want, but settled on 2 degrees for the street - the car loves it. If you don't race your car, then you really have no use for caster whatsoever. I track my car from time to time and still have not found a need for it! The car handles better than my current skills can even master

People get all up in arms about the amount of negative camber you get on these cars when lowered.....the more camber, the more the car enjoys it. The real issue is toe, and in front, that's factory adjustable. In the rear, you need the arms to make it all play nicely together.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:41 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

I'm at about 26" height. I've got -1.8 on the left and -.95 on the right. I was trying to get to -1.0 for both. Maybe I'm being too **** about the camber issue and should just go with Cusco and get the sides matched.

You're correct about the caster not really being an issue here. Was just wanting the flexibility if ever needed.

The rear is not a problem.

I'm tired of waiting to get this taken care of so I think you just helped me get off my butt and just do it.

Tks

ps. Aren't you a vendor selling Cusco? You sound very familar.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:18 PM
nuff

K-mac is vapour. I've been with them in contact for ages and they always say next month, 2 more weeks, 3 more weeks. Then they finally told me that they are in production and will be shipping in 2 weeks time. Since then I didn't get a response. Forget about them and get something that works.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:47 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Exactly what I've done. Went with Cusco.