Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Pre Delivery Check List

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 11:54 PM
Blue_350_z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre Delivery Check List

Anything your not sure of before taking delivery, post it here.

Personally I'm not sure whether or not to let the dealer drill the front bumper for the number plate.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:28 AM
malcolm

Surely they can't get it wrong, can they?

My pre-delivery instructions are simple. No stickers or dealer number plate surrounds.

I wish to be in the car for the pre-delivery test drive. Zero km's before we start. My place of work is on the route taken by another local dealership, (not Nissan) for delivery of their new cars from the distribution yard to the dealership premises. It often looks like Bathurst in an effort to get there first.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:49 AM
apsilon

Personally I've said no front plates to be installed. If they drill the bumber I won't accept delivery of the car as it's damaged. The holes weren't there from the factory. I'll remind them of this once a week for a month leading up to the delivery date and again when they call to say it's in.

No dealer stickers etc but they can be removed if they do put them on so not as big of a deal.

Car will have km on it but there is a max. From experience I've never seen more than 20 on a new car. This is from driving on and off boats and trucks etc. It's unavoidable. Any more and there'll be a problem. Worse case scenario walk around the yard and look at every new car (not just Zs) and find the highest km (don't bother with demo cxars) and the lowest. Yours should be somwhere in between.

Check the car in full sunlight and in the shade. Look at it from angles only. You're looking for scratches, dents, swirl marks etc. Also look for orange peel as this seems to be an issue. Take a friend and have them do the same.

Naturally don't sign anything until you've done all of this.

If I think of anything else I'll post it. Remember you're paying for the car, you've got to live with the car so make sure you're happy and you got what you paid for. It's easy to get excited by a new car and overlook things so take a written check list with you if you have to.