Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

US sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 10:33 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DavidM

Therefore, I'd be expecting around 25,000km out of my tyres ON the Zed as my road-tyres will not see the track. If you don't push the car hard (at least on regualr basis) then you stand a good chance of the inside of the tyre wearing out quicker then the outside. Then again, it should still last the same amount of km as when driven hard ... it'll just be uneven wear.

Im happy with those numbers! Im with your way of thinking on this.

Go the V8 supercars!, I had a mate with a crx with ~ -3.5 to 4 and that was nuts.

From what I can see of the 305Z suspension, you will always get more camber when you lower the car as the camber is determined purely by the wishbones (ie. A-arms) and the lengths of the spring/shock. I don't see how you could lower the car and retain the camber without changing the A-rms (or at least one of them). Maybe someone else knows something I don't here, but I have not seen/heard otherwise so far.

I gathered the camber would change no matter what, I just wasnt sure if the coilovers I want with the pillow mount would be able to adjust it back or not. I see most definatly not now, but thats ok, i'm down for a few degrees.

Thanks Dave.
Useful info as always.
Murray
Old 02-01-2004, 11:21 PM
apsilon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could be wrong but I believe the pillow ball mounts won't work on the Zed.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:52 PM
mchapman

Originally posted by apsilon
I could be wrong but I believe the pillow ball mounts won't work on the Zed.
Your right, pillow ball mounts alone wont enable you to adjust the camber, the mounts themselves should work. There are other benefits though. They would replace the rubber mounts that can get knocked out of alignment when you hit some big pot holes etc. They also improve turn response by removing the flex caused by the rubber.

Correct me if I am incorrect.

Murray
Old 02-01-2004, 11:57 PM
apsilon

You may find that because the pillow ***** can't be used for adjustment that they're not even offered for the Zed application. I certainly haven't checked that though.

Are you thinking of getting them anytime soon? I sort of have them at the top of my suspension choices ATM but won't be getting them for a while. If you get them before me I wouldn't mind having a look and a ride when they're installed.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:08 AM
mchapman

Originally posted by apsilon
You may find that because the pillow ***** can't be used for adjustment that they're not even offered for the Zed application. I certainly haven't checked that though.

Cusco isnt the only company offering pillow mounts, the Tein Flex systems has them standard, they are an option on the tein basic. etc. Someone mentioned that they are only the front ones though? I think its safe to assume the mounts work, I'll be sure to question the dealers more and get back to you though. Although its takes ages to get just a quote.

Are you thinking of getting them anytime soon? I sort of have them at the top of my suspension choices ATM but won't be getting them for a while.

Im going to order them as soon as the proper quote comes through,{its taking a while }, and hopefully have them here in 2-3weeks, and get them installed with my new wheels in march.

If you get them before me I wouldn't mind having a look and a ride when they're installed.

Sure thing, and if you get them before march 10, let me know

Murray
Old 12-29-2004, 01:22 PM
jchen1020

check out www.nismo.co.jp They are huge in Japan, Of course they have their own development, check the New Long nose Z