Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Aussie letter of complaint to Nissan Aust.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 07:10 PM
apsilon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Aussie letter of complaint to Nissan Aust.

As some of you have seen we've decided to send a written letter of complaint to Nissan Australia regarding the TSBs that have been issued OS and that our cars VINs fall into yet they fail to recognise.

In addition to sending a copy to Nissan Oz copies will also be forwarded to Bridgestone Oz, Bose Oz, NRMA (and any equivalents, RACV? etc), Wheels, Motor and possibly the MTA and Dept of Fair Trading along with anyone else we can come up with.

The plan is to request that these faults be recognised and resolved as is being done in other markets around the world. Copies of the TSBs will be included along with anyones signature and VIN that wishes to take part.

The first draft of the letter will be posted here so we all have input, changes will be made, I'll have a writer friend take a look and suggest further changes following which the second draft will be posted here. Once complete it'll be sent off.

I'm not putting a time frame on this just yet as my workload varies daily but I would think the first draft will be up by mid next week at the latest. If anyone else wants to have a crack at writing a draft then please do.

Any suggestions, comments or questions should be posted here so they can all be taken into consideration during the writing.

If you know of any Zed owners not on this forum please make them aware of whats going on here and invite them to take part. The greater the number the better our chance at success.

If anyone has had any written dealings with Nissan regarding any of the known faults and would like to include their correspondence here for discussion please do.

I'm making this thread a sticky at least until the process is complete. Look for more to be added shortly.

Last edited by apsilon; 03-22-2004 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:16 PM
nuff

Sending a copy of the letter to ACCC might be a good idea as well, they usually have a lot of teeth when it comes to this matters.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:37 PM
ZZZ-35

Good idea, count me in I have the tyre feathering problem which they claim is not an issue. I have one of the first 350's shipped to oz.

David
Old 03-23-2004, 12:37 AM
frosty

Good on you APSILON!

Just a suggestion - send the correspondence to nissan before the media and at least give them the opportunity initially to return a positive attitude without the threat of adverse publicity. It may harden their already somewhat intransigent attitude if we hold the "gun at their head" at an early stage of approach.

No resolve ensuing, however, I would envisage a press release to every news and motoring writer in the Commonwealth, along with the documentation.

Of course, those with a vested (read advertising) interest will do nil - but on averages a considerable storm will ensue - ideally we might time our effort to coincide with the release of a new model.

We all have recourse thru Consumer Affairs, of course, but that's so long-winded that I prefer this type of group thing at least initially.

Remember - we are dealing with what many consider to be the most arrogant race on the face of the planet - remember the A-tests in the Pacific - the Rainbow Warrier and so-on.

My 2-bobs worth - I'm in boots and all with you.

FROSTY
Attached Images  

Last edited by frosty; 03-23-2004 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:30 AM
nismor33

Agree with Frosty.

They wont react too well but if they get this then maybe they will react !

Top stuff
Mike
Old 03-23-2004, 02:00 AM
apsilon

I agree about giving Nissan a chance to respond first. I presume the best way to go about that would be to request a written response within 30 days without detailing what the next step on our behalf would be.

Keep the ideas coming.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:02 AM
nismor33

Yeah we need to give them options to respond otherwise even going to the ACCC will not acheive anything as we have not provided the other party reasonable opportunity to resolve the issue.

We need to make sure we clearly outline the list of problems and possibly list the dealers that have provided poor service.

Send one copy to customer service and the other to Leon Daphne.

Mike
Old 03-23-2004, 11:59 AM
apsilon

Leon Daphne?

Zuff posted Bob Hanley as the Manager of Customer Service and Dealer support.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:28 PM
ZZZ-35

Leon Daphne = CEO Australia

David
Old 03-24-2004, 04:23 AM
Zdownunder

I'm in - this is a good idea. The plan to give them a chance is the way to go - I've had years in the motor industry and its best to keep the right people on side if you can. Also, likes of ACCC etc not interested unless you have given the manufacturer an opportunity to make good.

Anything that I can do to help?
Old 03-25-2004, 03:10 AM
nismor33

As mentioned by Zdownunder we do want to keep them on side.

We should take the direction that we are not getting dealer support and feedback is always Nissan Australia have not provided any help and the point of this is to raise the issues and get their committment for action.

If that does not happen then yeah Motor, NRMA, RACV etc. SMH Drive section.

Mike
Old 03-25-2004, 03:24 PM
zuff

I concure that we need to appear to be helping them. As they may indeed not know what a bunch of scumbags they have for dealers (exceptions seem to be in the country towns).

A letter that outlined the need for a higher level of technical expertise for a sports car instead of the noobs they currently expect us to use and also a greater level of customer service considering the price of the car. The service manager should be more aware of the TSBs and work with the customers to resolve issues NOT send them away.

Where is the pride in the product (i mean it's a good product FFS)?
Old 03-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Jacko

Hey count me in, I am back on the road next week and still waiting on the body Kit to turn up from Japan. Told it is on a slow boat...
Old 03-28-2004, 10:42 PM
apsilon

Glad to hear you'll be back on the road soon Jacko. Any more photos of the repair work?

As for the letter I haven't forgotten about it but last week was a very busy week and so far this week isn't looking much better. Might have something late in the week.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:48 PM
CAR2

I just had the car in for several warrenty issues - grease on the window etc. Well they had the car a week AND DID NOTHING!!!! Not even to the extent of cleaning off the grease marks form the glass!!

They tried to tell me that the window tint caused the grease - bull!!!

I'm now trying to get a response from Nissan Australia but every time I ring I get a message - no person as yet in 4 calls!!
Old 03-29-2004, 04:44 PM
zuff

There you go...reason for everyone to get involved.

I got the flick with the grease marks too...at least they didn't insult my intelligence with such a dumbass excuse.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:18 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havnt tried yet, how could they deny that?

Its on nearly all of them.

I just thought of an idea to get more 350z owners to write in, when the letter is done, we could print them out and everytime we see a 350z you could leave a copy with maybe an explanation under his wiper. I dont really want to scare new 350z owners but they should know about it.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:31 PM
apsilon

Not a bad idea but I'm yet to see one parked anywhere and I'm not sure they'll stop if they see me chasing them waving a sheet of paper out the window and shouting something
Old 03-30-2004, 05:21 AM
zuff

lol

We could work in groups...block off 350z's Holywood style by boxing them in with our cars and trowing pamphlets at them.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:22 PM
dixonbn

I'll sign as well.

Quick Reply: Aussie letter of complaint to Nissan Aust.