Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Perth Z owners - exhaust questions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 10:50 PM
nang3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perth Z owners - exhaust questions?

hey guys,

im from perth and have a Track and am after a decent exhaust setup - anyone know a decent place in Perth and/or any exhaust recommendations?

everyone seems to go on about the Hi Tech system in these forums - do they have a distibutor in perth that anyone knows of???

cheers
Old 07-12-2004, 11:03 PM
harryw

Nang, great name BTW!

You don't want any other exhaust!

AFAIK they don't have a distributor in Perth, however, Im sure Lambros would ship you one. I know Chris (Car2) has got one, perhaps you could hook up with him and have look, listen, feel, etc.

As always

H
Old 07-12-2004, 11:19 PM
KY350

Isn't Frosty still selling his? If so, you should consider buying it from him as it is relatively new and you would save several hundred $.
Also, if there is no distributor in Perth, you would be up for shipping costs, whether you buy a new one or used.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:31 PM
frosty

Thanks KY350.

Yes - still here.

Go to thread headed

H/T exhaust for sale.

FROSTY
Old 07-13-2004, 01:52 AM
Jagz

Nang,

Also in Perth. If you find a decent place please post it back here. I'm also chasing an exhaust.

Tks
Old 07-13-2004, 05:48 PM
nang3

now worries Jagz...

I had a cat back system on my last car ( 2003 4.8 litre Patrol) up at D&T Performance in Wangara so ive been meaning to give them a call because i was very impressed by their work - they dyno your car before and after and give you a laminated printout all for free... my 4wd got about a decent increase just from that - 121kw ATRW (185kw flywheel) up to 134kw ATRW which we worked out to be about 203kw at the flywheel or something..

whereabouts in perth are you and what Z you got? tell me you arent that Silver Z that I see round Osborne Park all the time hahaha !!
before i bought mine i saw about 1 Z a month, now i see that silver one everyday hhahahahhaha
Old 07-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Jagz

mmm Don't use the word got......

Still waiting (not so patiently) for it to arrive. Should be next week.

Its a Black Track...And yes I know it will be a pain to keep clean but love that colour....

Will spend most of its life travelling between Mindarie Keys and CBD.... (Nice short journey!)
Old 07-13-2004, 09:32 PM
nang3

niiiiiicee !! i do like the black and was considering one but the dealer had a platinum track with about 75kms (Perth dealership to Rockingham dealership and back) on it that would save me a shitload, so i went for it !!!

and yes your black will be a pain to keep clean but damn it will look sweet !!!

i drive from Currambine to Ozzy Park everyday so il probably see ya on the freeway or Marmion pretty soon !!

if you need it tinted i got a mate who does tinting - he can get pretty much any colour, any darkness, mirrored or non-mirrored etc and hes extra careful with all the cars he does..
Old 07-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Perth 350z

nang, tell us more about the tiniting, been looking at getting mine done for some time now, just never got around to it. Plus was always nice knowing that people could see you when driving around :-)
Old 07-25-2004, 04:50 PM
nang3

hehe yeh i know what ya mean Perth350z, but trust me - tinting is a lot friendlier on the eyes when driving home with a hangover haha

one of my mates gave me this guys number about 6 yrs ago - he was working for tint-a-car or something and was doing cars on weekends for people.. i've used him for all of my cars, all my family's cars and all my other mates cars as well..
now he works solely from home and get pretty much any tint in any colour and darkness and he does a really good job...

i just had mine done in a 28% semi-mirror tint and it looks sweet.. legal as well because i checked it with my copper mate's police issue tint test card thing...

here check it out - the tint pic is in the shade though so doenst do it justice ;

http://members.iinet.net.au/~armstronghome/tint2.jpg
Old 07-26-2004, 03:20 AM
Perth 350z

Thx nang. Do you have a contact number for him?? Do you know what he charges?
Old 07-26-2004, 06:12 PM
nang3

yeh his company is called Light To Dark Tinting and his mobile number is 0414 474 664..
His name is Dan but when i was getting my car tinted a few weeks back he said he was going to New Zealand for like 2 weeks or something to Ski at the end of July.... so I think he might be there now so if you cant get thru then thats why ahha... but i definitely recommend waiting the 2 weeks or whatever til he gets back because like i said, he can get any darkness and colour of tint just about unlike the tint companies which only do their 'brand' hehe.. **** im sounding like an advert for him haha...

it cost me $240 to tint mine (quotes from other tint places ranged from 200 for crap stuff with no warranty to about $800 !!! ) and the tint he used on mine is the same stuff they have on the tempered glass panels at banks etc.. like really good quality clear stuff..
.. if you give him a call, tell him Ross sent you and he'll look after you ..
Old 07-28-2004, 02:56 AM
Perth 350z

2 weeks will be fine. Was at Joondalup Resort for the past 2 days and some piece of **** broke into my car. Smashed the drivers side windows, gouged the hatch roof and door panel.... Very very very p!ssed off!!!! Cars in now having repairs done as well as the front bar. Will be out of commission for about 10 days :-(

At least there was nothing in the car for them to steal, but they then moved onto my bosses HSV, must have been distirbed because they only tried his rear 1/4 window and just scratched the glass and gouged the window rubber
Old 07-28-2004, 04:12 AM
WhiteZed

speaking of tint

i got mine done today

tint a car $300 formula 1 35%

looks good

if i had of know i would have given your guy a call
aww well its done now

hey nang how did ya go with your plates?

i went to the licencing place but they had a blackout, so i havnt done anything yet
Old 07-28-2004, 04:22 AM
WhiteZed

the pic is crap, it was done about 5pm, so cant really notice the tint

i will get some tomorrow in the middle of the day, so it should look better
Attached Thumbnails Perth Z owners - exhaust questions?-1.jpg  
Old 07-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Jagz

Perth 350Z ... At least they had the good taste to go for the Z first You have my sympathy.....

Does anyone know what the legal limit for tinting is in WA. Is it 35%?

Tks
Old 07-28-2004, 05:53 PM
WhiteZed

yeah 35%

mine is 35% and it is the darkest legal
Old 07-28-2004, 06:01 PM
nang3

Perth 350z - that f'n sucks !!!!!!!!!! sorry to hear it man, probably some no good little rapper ****** from the otherside of Hodges Dr... but look on the bright side, it could have been worse - they could taken it for a ride, thrashed the **** out of it, then dumped it and the insurance company wouldnt have paid for the 'engine abuse' that would have occurred..

WhiteZed - nah no personalised plates as of yet.. too busy at work and home to sort out anything haha.. ive only had time to clean my car once since ive had it !!!!!!
man your car looks nice !!!! im almost having second thoughts here hahaha.. nah i love my platinum still !!!! that tint looks awesome too - a nice black colour to contrast with the white.. looks schmick!!

yeh Jags darkest legal in WA is 35% - the cops have a white card with grey lettering on it and they hold it behind the window if they think it is too dark - if they can read the text on the card, then the tint is legal....

but its not very accurate because i can read the card clear as day behind my 28% tint on my Z, and i had 17% on my 4wd and could still read it fairly easily...

i think its one of those things that is 'up to the officers discretion'... if you act like an idiot and fail the 'attitude test' then they can give you a yellow sticker for it but if you're helpful etc then they'll be a bit better about it...
Old 07-28-2004, 06:33 PM
WhiteZed

holy crap sorry to hear man, i didnt read that the 1st time...

that sucks, i think a new alarm is on the prioity list now.. that would **** me off..

the stock alarm....... is it even an alarm, i cant get it to go off....
try open the doors from the inside, and it dont work bonnet dont work...

havnt tried the boot, but im sure it dont work... dammit ..

nang your car looks really good with that tint..

i was thinking a bit of a mirror, i thought it would look crap with the white, so black i went ...
Old 07-28-2004, 06:44 PM
nang3

yeh black definitely suits the white better than mirror !!!
i had a white 4wd with that 17% i was on about and that looked nice cause it was dark black with no mirror... made the white look crisper as well hahaha

you got any plates sorted yet?? my ex-gf is a copper so im always ringing her to see what plates are available and what arent, i think shes starting to get pissed off with it ahhahahahah but thats what ex's are for right?

Quick Reply: Perth Z owners - exhaust questions?