Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

So much problem not funny!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 03:02 AM
gianniz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So much problem not funny!

2 months after I got my car fixed someone ran into me again!!

I got this fixed but this time I checked the whole repairs to see if its done properly again..

Once again it was **** job.. the paint job was horror.. it still had some sand bits stuck on it which they said they can get rid of it by using really really small grain sand paper to sand it down..

They told me i should come back a week later as the paint is too weak for the sanding and buffering!

Then when I went home to check I saw even more horror!!

My exhaust is not parallel! (i got hit in the back)
I specifically mentioned it when i gave it to them.. they fixed up the vertical allignment but if you look at it from the top down my left exhaust is clearly visible while my right isn't even there!!!

Also my rear bumper is not placed on properly theres gaps between the lights and my boot has huge gaps!

Again this is my mistake for taking it to NRMA's preferred repairer.. (whats the deal do they get the cheapest people??)

Anyway they told me they will fix it up and its not worth mentioning it to NRMA.
(should i call NRMA and let them know whats going on? or should i give them 1 more chance?)\

Aside from this issue my sound systems acting weird.. My left hand side speakers sometimes does not play TREBLE that is you can only hear BASS. This is only sometimes if you turn your car on and off or sometimes switch cds etc it works perfectly (But weirder thing is that during this ****up if you switch to RADIO, radio works perfectly)

Anyway i took it to NISSAN blacktown and the mother ****er tells me its normal that all NISSAn cars are made to have BASS coming out from the left! Bloody idiot. I argued that even if thats the case TREBLE should be coming out from both side but he had was so arrogant he told me to shut up and that they don't want me business!! (WHAT THE ****!!! my cars still under warranty!)

I called NISSAN head office and they told me I had no case and I should goto another dealer.

Anyway to make things slightly better (i hope) this problem has dissapeared for the last week.

(is this what the problem of audio problem that you get on your bose? or is this just some localised thing?)
Old 09-12-2004, 03:24 AM
KY350

You poor bastard - 2 accidents already!!!

Anyway they told me they will fix it up and its not worth mentioning it to NRMA.

WRT all the repair probems, I'd notify NRMA in writing that the repairs are substandard and I'd also tell them that shop has agreed to try to fix the faults. That way, there is a record that the repairs were poor the first time around - just in case something goes amiss down the track.

When a repairer specifically tells me not to mention the problem to the insurer, I get mighty suspicious that they are covering something up. It appears that their initial repairs are dodgy to say the least.

As well as writing a letter, I would arrange for an NRMA inspector to assess the repairs so that they can see for themselves the substandard workmanship.

Cannot comment on audio as I know nothing on that subject.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:50 PM
zuff

When i replaced my rear bumper there were a few paint defects... the guy i had used since 2000 for all my business cars still tried to get it past me.

Imagine how bad they treat people they don't know?

I told him off and he fixed everything. I even had Aspilon come show me his car as I had major gaps. In the end they were all pretty normal except for the boot lid needing to be lower.

Just be very picky with repairs...let nothing just pass on the sly. It's NOT ok if it isn't perfect.

Also that's good advise above. Tell NRMA... enough reports will get the guy struck from the list.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:24 PM
LemanZ

The best way to deal with these dodgy people is ACCC. give them a complain and forward a copy to the repairer, they will try their best to cover their dodgy a*s
Old 09-13-2004, 03:03 AM
Perth 350z

Let NRMA know - you may find they also offer a quality review check of your work and if you're one of a few who've complained the repairer may get the flick. Or, alternatively, they may have simply made a few mistakes that they should be given the opportunity to correct.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:53 PM
gianniz

Yup I reported it and let the repairer take a second chance.

Guess what it came back shitty again!

I reported this to them and I said I am not going to deal with them again and I just finished the converstation with NRMA.

They said I will need to find a place to repair the car (they will send someone out to inspect the job and we can go from there)

The part that really ***** me is how long I have to be without my car!

(What also worries me is that they might not have fixed the crumple zone at the back which is a real security issue)

Anyway Can someone recommend really good place to get this fixed? Money is not an issue as its going to be fully paid by NRMA.
I prefer somewhere close by Blacktown but don't mind travelling bit far for quality workmanship.

PS> the bastard at the repairer told me how they can't do anything about the gaps etc cause they only get fitted in once place etc etc.. I told the idiot I don't give a rats *** how you fix it or the technical form of it! just have my car looking like new as it was and if he can't do it then let NRMA know so they can replace my whole car!