Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Anyone for Winton? (14/11/04)

Old 10-03-2004, 05:32 AM
DavidM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone for Winton? (14/11/04)

On the 14th of November the HSCC (Honda Sports Car Club) is holding a track-day at Winton. It will not be a timed sprint, but more of a 'fun' day where passangers will be allowed in all sessions. Also, from what I gather no safty preparations needs to be done on the car (ie. extinguisher).

The day will be open to anyone, and you do not need to be a member of HSCC (even though they might want a small fee on top of the entry). There should not be many cars at all ... I'd expect around 50 so there will be plenty of track-time. 1/2 of the car there will be S2000s and Integra Type-Rs, and the driver skill levels will vary laptimes by good 30secs over a lap, so no matter how slow you want to drive, there will be someone slower ;-)

I am definaly going to this event, and I'm wondering if anyone from here is interested in coming? Not only will you get to experience Winton 1st hand, you can go for a ride with anyone you ask.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:36 AM
ypwpat

Awww man. I got exam the Next day i wish i could come

How far is Winton from melbourne anyway?
Old 10-03-2004, 04:22 PM
lionking

At the moment looks like I MIGHT be able to make it. But it's a very busy time of the year for work. I've written it in my diary though. Any idea how much $$$?

Oh yea, the NDSOC is havin a fun day like this on 17th Oct at Sandown. Not positive of the date but we're all invited. I think for htis one you'll need a bonnet strap and fire extinguisher. And they did say you could bring passengers.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:45 PM
DavidM

Any idea how much $$$?

The entry forms (and price) have not been set yet, but these things usually cost around $100 - $130 depending on the event.

How far is Winton from melbourne anyway?

2 hours from the city. It's just off Hume Hwy, next to Bennela.

Oh yea, the NDSOC is havin a fun day like this on 17th Oct at Sandown.

I'm sure it'll be fun, but I'll be at Surfers at this time.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:43 PM
harvey

Default Re: Anyone for Winton? (14/11/04)

Thanks for the invite - can't make it this time
spent a day at Winton on Sept 17th found the Z was good on much of the track but the understeer in the slow corners at the top of the track was disappointing.
My car is a standard 2004 Track Automatic - the brakes were great but not bullet proof - I got them very hot & ended with the pedal spongy & taking up at different heights. I'll be interested in your times compared with the auto 1:53
There were some other cars there inc a couple of Skylines but I was a fair bit faster than them.

Hope you have fun
Harvey

Originally posted by DavidM
On the 14th of November the HSCC (Honda Sports Car Club) is holding a track-day at Winton. It will not be a timed sprint, but more of a 'fun' day where passangers will be allowed in all sessions. Also, from what I gather no safty preparations needs to be done on the car (ie. extinguisher).

The day will be open to anyone, and you do not need to be a member of HSCC (even though they might want a small fee on top of the entry). There should not be many cars at all ... I'd expect around 50 so there will be plenty of track-time. 1/2 of the car there will be S2000s and Integra Type-Rs, and the driver skill levels will vary laptimes by good 30secs over a lap, so no matter how slow you want to drive, there will be someone slower ;-)

I am definaly going to this event, and I'm wondering if anyone from here is interested in coming? Not only will you get to experience Winton 1st hand, you can go for a ride with anyone you ask.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:05 AM
DavidM

I'll be interested in your times compared with the auto 1:53

I was already at Winton with the Zed ... it was abut 3 months ago. 1:41.1 is the best I managed on the day.

ps. Good to see that there are other people tracking their Zeds.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:35 PM
DavidM

Entry forms are now available:

http://www.hsccv.org.au/files/hsccvwinton.pdf

Price is $120 for the entry is you get them in before the 7/11/04, and $150 after that.

I'm trying to find out if cub membership and AASA licenses will be available to buy on the day for the people who don't have either.

ps. Let me know if you're coming so that I know who to expect.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:08 AM
DavidM

I'm trying to find out if cub membership and AASA licenses will be available to buy on the day for the people who don't have either.

OK, I've found out that AASA licenses will be available on the day and cost $45 (for a year). You do not need to be a member of any car-club, so if you've never done this before, then you can get onto the track for $165 max. That is by far the least that you can pay to get onto a properly organized track day with limited numbers.