Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Nismo V1 Wing and NASA Time Trials

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:11 PM
hydeciel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo V1 Wing and NASA Time Trials

Hi,

I will start NASA Time Trials this season. I purchased a Nismo V1 Wing for my 03 base 350z, it literally shipped today. I've been calculating my points today and I think I want to try to stay in TTC. This wing might push me into TTB, or I'll need to remove my aftermarket swaybars (that might not be a bad idea). I need to know if the wing has any benefit, i.e. downforce. Otherwise, I am being knocked into a new class for no reason. Worth it, or try and return it? As long as it helps in stablizing my car at high speedds and in turns, I'd be willing to keep it.

I've been searching for a decent answer on this for a while, but nothing really hits the nail on the head. Thank you for the help in advance.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 02-17-2013, 05:10 AM
Fixxxercask

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure how well the nismo wing does, but I would not take points for a wing unless you were using and true race designed wing. I run and APR GTC-300 on my car and it does pretty well. I notice a difference on higher speed corners and under high speed braking. I also have front aero though. I have heard mixed things about front aero. People say if you run rear aero you should also run front aero to balance it out, which makes sense. However, I see a lot of guys running S2000's with wings and no front aero and they do pretty well. Perhaps it is the rake of the car???

I would not take 4 points just to run a nismo wing especially if you're planning on staying in TTC. I would use those points for tires. I have tried many many setups on my car and for TT, so far, the fastest setup is with the biggest tires I can get on the car and stay within my class (TTB). I am down to stock sways, stock shocks and just lowering springs, but I got big tires for all the points given up for that and I am faster in this setup. That is my $.02.