Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Any Chicago area autocrossers here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Headsick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Chicago area autocrossers here?

Hey guys, just wanted to see if there's any other Chicago area autocrossers here. I usually run with the local BMW club and Miata club, and occasionally with a couple clubs that use scca classing/rules. I'm planning to hit up some SCCA events, just haven't had good schedule mesh with them yet. Anyhow, I thought I'd share a little about my setup, in case anyone's interested.

03 Track
91,xxx miles
Nismo CAI minus the cold air extension (Had a bit of a hydrolock incident, and I don't trust it anymore, lol)
Z1 HFC's
Koni Sport (yellows)
Hotchkis Sways
Moog end links
Stop Tech pads
V1 Track wheels (8.5" rears all the way around)
265/35r18 Dunlop Z2 SS all 4 corners (upgraded to these last week, previously had 245 Z1 SS's on all 4)
Recaro Speed S drivers seat

I've had the car about 4 1/2 years, and it's otherwise completely stock.

Here's an older shot of the car
Z523 by HeadPhotography, on Flickr

And some videos from this years autocrosses:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G20hWyFyiuk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fRqsEy8T0_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h8hLTuXpUDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tim
Old 09-24-2014, 06:35 AM
bartekb93

Come out to Joliet this weekend. I think you'll find Rt.66 a much better site than Maywood/Sears/Alexian.

http://scca-chicago.com/chicago-scca-solo/
Old 09-27-2014, 03:08 PM
dmsec

I've only run with Windy City Miata a few times at Tirerack Test Track. If you get a chance to run there, jump on it. WCM usually sets up the day to allow at least 10 runs.