Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

It's time: BSP Solo car to NASA TT3 Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 06:07 AM
DmanG281

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
Did the Kirk because it was easy/convenient....

True. Was just seeing if there was another compelling reason. Pre accident I would be just fine. Post I am having reservations. Funny how a $9 bolt can change things....
Old 04-03-2015, 06:08 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

I may weld it in, not sure.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:16 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Waiting to see the wing
Old 04-06-2015, 01:10 AM
snobes

Update on the wing:

Kognition is a terrible company and I cannot possibly stress enough that you not give them a dime. I finally sent an ultimatum to get the wing sent on Friday or refund the money. Well they claimed the mounts were getting anondized and would be back on Monday. Against my better judgement, I obliged. Come Monday, 50 minutes prior to deadline time of 8pm, I get an email that a shipping label had been created. Great, right? Well, I sent a follow up this morning saying I still expect it en route today or again I would cancel/deny shipping as I wasn't interested any longer. An hour later I get an email saying he won't be threatened, blah blah and refunds my money. It pleases me greatly that I provided him a 0% loan for 4 1/2 months so he could play with watches. The set of stones this guy has for that level of ****ery and trying play the high road makes me want throw chairs out of my office window. I have no doubt that he never even started on the wing. 20 weeks of wait for nothing.

I've emailed Brooks and given them the go ahead on making a wing for the car. With this, everything has been pushed back a bit.

Cliff notes: Kognition is a crap company and stay away.
Thanks for the info, was considering buying a kognition wing. Think ill look else where.

Ps they have a 70in 350z chassis mount on sale atm, and they mention it the last one they are making
Wonder if thats yours? Haha
Thats what i was thinking of getting.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:54 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Yes, that "was" mine, but it was never supposed to be 70"....shows you their attention to detail over there.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:39 PM
kognition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mike Lane

I usually do not reply to comments like these on forums. Complaints are extremely rare, and i always do my best to right any issues a customer may have. In the case of you Mike Lane there is no helping you. I think you are probably pissed off that i cancelled your order. And after i read that you were not going to accept your wing box, i cancelled and refunded you. Which is what ANY BUSINESS WOULD DO. So what you obviously don't understand Mike, is that Kognition takes in dozens of orders over our annual holiday sale. Specifically, 36 on this last sale. You got your wing kit at a discount, payed for it just when we closed down for the year (We announced that we were closed for ALL of December). A wing has an 80% chance of being damaged if it is rerouted from its original destination. That is not a chance i take. If Kognition is guilty of anything, it is trying to keep up with orders. This is a highly unusual complaint, and to the rest of the community i sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of having to even read this. It sickens me to listen to this guys vitriol as if he were truly wronged. When it couldn't be further from the truth. Mike Mishler Kognition Design
Old 04-07-2015, 03:38 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

I said I would not accept it if was not en route by that day. Which was entirely reasonable given the 20 week wait. Furthermore, you missed several deadlines YOU set throughout the process.

A quick search of the internet, posts here, etc seem to prove very much to the otherwise on your "rare" complaints.

In the 20 weeks you NEVER once initiated contact with any sort of update, check-in, etc. I initiated every bit of communication with you. The fact that I regularly checked in with you would indicate otherwise that I wanted your product. As well as the fact that I waited 20 WEEKS before having to give you a **** or get off the pot ultimatum.

Remember this little tid bit when I ordered and asked for delivery timeframe? Probably not, it was so long ago...

Old 04-07-2015, 07:46 AM
kognition

Fabrication is never predictable Mike. Maybe the company making your new wing will hold your hand a little tighter this time around. Because you obviously need it. I have two kids, and a doctor wife who works 15 hour days bud. I can go a couple days out of the shop if the kids get sick. That's life. But i don't make shitty wings, and everybody here knows that. A wing might be late, but it is top of the line. As far as me "playing with watches" on your dime, what i do at the end of the day on my time is none of your goddamn business *******. I don't make wing 24 hours a day.

I said I would not accept it if was not en route by that day. Which was entirely reasonable given the 20 week wait. Furthermore, you missed several deadlines YOU set throughout the process.

A quick search of the internet, posts here, etc seem to prove very much to the otherwise on your "rare" complaints.

In the 20 weeks you NEVER once initiated contact with any sort of update, check-in, etc. I initiated every bit of communication with you. The fact that I regularly checked in with you would indicate otherwise that I wanted your product. As well as the fact that I waited 20 WEEKS before having to give you a **** or get off the pot ultimatum.

Remember this little tid bit when I ordered and asked for delivery timeframe? Probably not, it was so long ago...

Old 04-07-2015, 08:06 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

At no point have made any mention of quality. I wish it could have been delivered in a prompt enough timeline for me to wield an opinion one way or the other. But it is absolutely my business to be in your business when you have taken my money, regardless of whether it was "on sale" or not. If you cannot produce the item, don't sell it and ever state a timeline.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:47 AM
DmanG281

Probably not the best place to hash this out. But customer service and doing business is all about keeping up with expectations. It seems very much like maybe the retailer was not setting the necessary expectations with the customer here. 4.5 months is a long way away from 3 weeks. If life gets in the way I think resetting the expectations is what should be done. Coming on a public forum and airing it all out is probably not good for the customer or the retailer.

Mike is pretty well respected on these boards and its not necessarily in good taste for kognition to come on here and try to make a case for themself in the manner that they are. Nobody benefits........

Just my 2 cents and I probably should give change back.

Last edited by DmanG281; 04-07-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:51 AM
kognition

I agree, and i also agree that a forum is not the best place. I do however think that both parties should be allowed to communicate over an issue if one party initiates a gripe on a forum. The last time i checked, this was still America.
Mike, your wing was made and it was resold the following day. So you are really grasping at straws. Have a nice day.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:12 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

What am I grasping at? Certainly not a Kognition wing...

I'm glad someone wasn't forced to go through such a poor buying experience and got an expedited service at my expense.

I couldn't be happier with how Brooks Composite has conducted themselves thus far.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:05 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

With that ugliness behind us, on with the program. I'm leaning towards removing the front dash entirely and simply running the racepak, which arrived Monday, on the steering rack. Eventually I'll get creative with some sort of alum/carbon drivers dash, but that is a long ways down the road.

Would really really like to find a way to get the car down to 3000 w/me in it, roll bar, aero, etc etc. The car will have front glass (until I get an enclosed) and non gutted doors (until I run a complete cage), so it will be a challenge with a load of fuel and 185lb fatass driver.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:14 PM
SE5spd

Good thing I never got that wing when they went on sale months ago lol.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:15 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Brooks is making good progress on the wing/mounts. I have not done much, however. Going to put the peddle to the metal and get this thing on track in the next 5-6 weeks, though.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:01 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Going to try and get the rest of the guts out of the dash and put in the RacePak tonight.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:03 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Slow and Steady Progress...

Old 04-16-2015, 04:06 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Front bumper back from paint...

Old 04-28-2015, 03:48 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Wing will be here on Thursday. I plan to finish up on the dash, maybe pick through some of the wiring this weekend and at least mock the wing up.

Teaser:

Old 04-28-2015, 10:20 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Hatch or chassis mount?

Quick Reply: It's time: BSP Solo car to NASA TT3 Build