Notices
Body Exterior Body kits, grills, HID kits, etc.

FS: Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just as a side note for those who are keeping track or paying attention when my next Norcal trip is going to be. I am probably going to be going back up there in about 4-6 weeks. When I have an exact date down, I'll make a dedicated thread for it for those who are interested to sign up.

The owner of this silver BMW E39 540i sedan came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. We went with gloss black over matte black for his car. Overall, it went very well with the look and styling of his car fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 05-29-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:51 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

For this new white Mercedes Benz CLS550 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the tail lights with my light tint/smoke film material. On this car, I we decided to do the whole tail light. I didn't take pictures of it before, but the first picture does show the driver side as tinted/smoked (left) and the passenger (right) untinted. The lighting of it inside kind of makes it hard to gauge, but in the other pictures where I took them outside will help you better see the differences. As you can notice, as the lighting changes, the appearance of the darkness of the shade changes as well.

-Don Nguyen

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Here is a white VW Mk6 that had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl. I wrapped the material around the antenna and did the top rear hatch part as well. The carbon look adds a nice touch to the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the work done. I took a picture of the side of the roof where the material end, since people usually ask what it looks like for cars that do not have rails/etc.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this car had me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on his brand new white Mercedes Benz E350. We went with the matte black finish for around the window trim area. In addition to the window trim, he also had me wrap the middle center section of his front bumper in my gloss black vinyl material. He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Here is an example of a stock white Mercedes Benz C300 sedan that came in to have me vinyl their roof in my gloss black vinyl material. Even though the owner of this car was going to leave his car relatively stock, the black roof was still a nice addition to the car, which gave it an OEM+ look. The owner of this car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. The only thing I would have suggested him to also get done was to black out the chrome window trim around the doors and the chrome trunk handle piece in the back. That would have really set the car off fairly nicely.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this brand new white VW TDI wagon brought his car by to have me lightly tint / smoke the tail lights and third brake light on his car. I took some pictures from side to side, showing how the tint looks like in directly sunlight and in some shade. As you can see, it's fairly dynamic and changes depending on the lighting. I haven't had anyone have any issues with this shade though, as far as light output or having any issues with law authorities though, so that is a plus. The owner of this car I believe was from around Pasadena and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the work done.

Before:

During (driver/left side tinted, passenger/right side stock) -

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-20-2013, 08:34 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I've had a couple of people ask me to post some more pictures of the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish, so here is a white Lexus IS350 sedan that I vinyl wrapped the roof with in that material. Also note, the roof spoiler is a real carbon piece, so this will also help give those an idea of how the vinyl material compares/contrast against real carbon. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the work done. We went with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl finish over the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber finish to closer match real cf and go with his roof spoiler better.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

People usually ask me if they should go with gloss black or matte black for the window trim on their black cars, so here is an example of matte black on this brand new BMW F10 sapphire metallic 5 series sedan. With the black wheels on the car, it made the chrome window trim stand out even more. So you can see the differences of the before and after are quite drastic, even for such a small detail. The owner of this car was also around/from Orange County and drove out to my shop in Anaheim Hills. I liked the end results and how this car turned out with the black vinyl trim.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I found a random sheet of satin black / semi gloss for $20 + shipping. Large enough for a roof only.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

-Don
Old 06-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Tinted / smoked the center clear portion of the tail lights on this brand new white Mercedes E350 sedan. In addition to tinting the tail lights with my light film material, I also wrapped the trunk spoiler in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material and blacked out the chrome trunk handle with my matte black vinyl material. Overall, the light shade of tint was a nice slight change in the look of the car, without making it too dark and is still visible during the day/night.

Most spoilers aren't practical to wrap, but this one happen to work out.

Before:

Driver side tinted/smoked - passenger side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I thought I had taken more pictures of this car, but three is all I have I suppose. This is a car that I did for Hyundai for last year's SEMA, just to give you an idea of how some old some of my pictures can be or take before getting uploaded. They wanted to do a real carbon roof, but did not have enough time to do it before SEMA, so having me vinyl wrap it with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl material was the next alternative. I wrapped both the painted and glass part that's on the Veloster.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-29-2013, 11:57 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I have had a lot of people ask me how vinyl looks when covered over damaged paint or paint with clear coat failure. Here is the best example I could find at the moment in my picture data base. The owner of this blue Honda Civic coupe had me vinyl wrap the roof of their car with my gloss black vinyl material. As you can see in the before pictures, you can see that basically the entire roof was having clear coat failure. It is somewhat hard to see in the after pictures versus how it looks like in person. However, in one of the pictures I put a red box around the area that you can see how the uneveness resulting from the clear coat failure does show through the vinyl a bit still. Even though this is not a perfect solution to peeling/failing paint, it is still better than what was there before and will prevent further paint damage from the sun, etc.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

For this car, I blacked out the chrome brushed aluminum window trim on the car with my black vinyl material and also lightly tinted / smoked the tail lights for this black Mercedes Benz C300 sedan. The owner of this car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. We decided to go with the matte black finish to give the car some contrast still, over the gloss black vinyl finish for the window trim. Also, for the tail lights, we also went with the clear portion cut out to give it a little bit more of a contrast as well.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I will be back up in San Jose / Norcal / Bay Area doing vinyl wrapping some vinyl wrapping again, between July 22nd and July 26th.

Here are links to threads from my last couple of norcal trips:
1 - http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715929
2 -http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725796

Just a reminder. E-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. I may have an available time slot one minute and it may be taken the next (this has happened before), so the sooner you can figure out your availability and confirm it with me the better. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

Here are links to pictures of some of the things that I can do, separated a bit to help you view them easier. I am not limited to only what's seen/shown below. So feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...705158&page=16
3M Di - Noc / 1080 carbon fiber roof wraps - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...704966&page=13
Blacked out window trim - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=734930&page=5
Smoked / tinted tail light pictures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=705594&page=7

Days that I have available at the moment (I will keep this updated as spots fill up):

Monday - July 22
Tuesday - July 23
Wednesday - July 24
Thursday - July 25
Friday - July 26

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-13-2013, 09:09 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Some requests for these pictures, so I figure I'll post them up here. This is one of the cars that I did while I was up in the bay area (san jose) / norcal area last time. I tinted / smoked the tail lights on this new Mercedes Benz E63 AMG. In addition to the tail lights, I also blacked out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim on his car with my matte black vinyl material. Everything worked and tied in together pretty nicely with the rest of the theme of his car:

Before:

Left/driver side stock - Right/passenger side tinted/smoked

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this car had me install the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber vinyl on the roof of their brand new white Mercedes Benz C300 sedan. As you can see from the pictures, from further away the matte carbon fiber dinoc material has a matte/flat ish look. However, as you get closer to it, that is when the weave really becomes noticeable and the light reflecting off of it gives it that 3D effect. Hopefully these pictures will help out those who were wondering what a more stock-ish car looks like with a cf roof installed.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

It's not often that I get a car that's not either black or white coming in to get some vinyl work done. However, the owner of this metallic red BMW E92 328 (or 335) coupe decided to bring their car in and have me vinyl wrap the chrome / brushed aluminum trim that came on their car. For this car I decided that we should go with my gloss black vinyl over the matte black, and I think it turned out great. As you can see, the black window trim can drastically change the look of any car and color. It's a fairly simple change/mod, but it goes a long way. The owner of this car brought their car to me from Los Angeles county area out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Had some people ask for pictures of the matte black finish on a car. This is a good example of both matte black on the roof of a car and also me tinting the tail lights on this white Subaru WRX hatchback red. I know most people are used to seeing me tint / smoke the tail lights, but I also do have transparent film that I can use to apply to headlights, tail lights, and even yellow for fog lights as well. I will be bringing all of this with me when I come up to Norcal/bay area/san jose for those who are interested in getting it done.

Before:

After:

Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-11-2013, 07:16 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I think many would not think about it, but even this black Mercedes Benz S63 AMG looks good with the chrome blacked out. Even with the brighter colored/finished wheels, the blacked out chrome/brushed aluminum trim still goes with the look of the car very well and actually makes the car look very sleek imo. In addition to the window trim, I also blacked out the lower door chrome pieces that run the length of the car. I also tinted the headlights and turn signal reflectors with my light tint/smoke film. For this car, we went with my gloss black vinyl finish to match the already gloss black vertical pillars and overall the gloss black just suited this car better than matte black would have. The owner of this car brought his car up to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from San Diego to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

During (note driver side headlight and mirror turn signals are tinted, while passenger side is stock)

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com