Notices

Rear Wiper Removal (with pictures!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leemik
I originally had a lot of trouble taking the actual wiper off.. the wiggle wouldn't work for me... the trick I learned is to turn it counter-clockwise.. and keep spinning it around and around until it eventually comes off.. be careful and don't scratch the paint tho!

The other problem I had was taking the interior trim off the hatch .. but i read somewhere that if you use a plastic spatula and slide it under it pops off rather easy..

there's also a user on 3 5 0 Z m o t o r i n g . c o m that sells perfect fit prepainted body color fill holes for the Z for like $15 shipped

--mike

^^^^ The seller of the painted plugs email is swolen_ostrich@yahoo.com
Very good guy to deal with, shipped me both plugs for $15(Rear Wiper Plug Painted DB/Rear Squirter Plug).
I just want to save alot of members here the trouble of searching for the seller like I did. This is a cool mod for anyone who never uses that pointless rear wiper......
Old 12-27-2006, 10:44 AM
iilljlllii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other problem I had was taking the interior trim off the hatch .. but i read somewhere that if you use a plastic spatula and slide it under it pops off rather easy..

--mike
So did the plastic spatula work for you? I am gonna go try that
Old 12-27-2006, 05:49 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iilljlllii
So did the plastic spatula work for you? I am gonna go try that
yeah that's what I used.. works like a charm.. it seems impossible not to break 1-2 plastic clips when opening it though..

--mike
Old 12-27-2006, 09:38 PM
iilljlllii

yeah that's what I used.. works like a charm.. it seems impossible not to break 1-2 plastic clips when opening it though..

--mike
you only have to take off the lowest part(plastic) of the hatch where the motor is right? and spatula all around the thing?
Old 12-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Mathys

Originally Posted by jonb7007
^^^^ The seller of the painted plugs email is swolen_ostrich@yahoo.com
Very good guy to deal with, shipped me both plugs for $15(Rear Wiper Plug Painted DB/Rear Squirter Plug).
I just want to save alot of members here the trouble of searching for the seller like I did. This is a cool mod for anyone who never uses that pointless rear wiper......

How does it match? Does he use OEM paint? Clearcoat on there?
Old 12-28-2006, 12:00 PM
2005daytonaZ

When taking off the inner plastic I started on the ends and worked my way toward the latch. It was pretty easy once i got the some play in it...just give it a nice little tug and it should come right off.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:07 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

i need pearl/metallic spray paint to match my ppw...anyone know where to go?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:27 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iilljlllii
you only have to take off the lowest part(plastic) of the hatch where the motor is right? and spatula all around the thing?
yes... it will make sense when you go to do it.. the hatch cover is rather sharp and tight to wedge your finger under there to pull it down.. the plastic spatula fits perfect..

--mike
Old 01-10-2007, 07:37 PM
iilljlllii

i don't know why, but i'm having such a hard time taking the plastic crap off. Can anyone give me like a DIY: take plastic off guide??? hahahah
Oh and how do you take the water squirt thing off??
Old 01-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Mathys
How does it match? Does he use OEM paint? Clearcoat on there?

he matches them perfect with clear coat!! Worth it!!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:52 AM
iilljlllii

I got the wiper taken off finally! But now I do not understand how you are suppose to take out the water squirter thing at the top of the hatch.... Anyone?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:33 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I originally had a lot of trouble taking the actual wiper off.. the wiggle wouldn't work for me... the trick I learned is to turn it counter-clockwise.. and keep spinning it around and around until it eventually comes off.. be careful and don't scratch the paint tho!

there's also a user on 3 5 0 Z m o t o r i n g . c o m that sells perfect fit prepainted body color fill holes for the Z for like $15 shipped

--mike
Yup...the guy over at motoring is SpiralFunk send him a PM. He's Great!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:57 PM
iilljlllii

how do you take out the water squirting thing that's on the top of the hatch?
Old 02-08-2007, 10:15 PM
brandonanix

this DIY worked like a charm, I got stuck on the removal of the inner plastic, until someone gave me the spatula idea, and that worked perfectly!!

I got the sink stopper at home depot, and just sprayed it with krylon silver, and cleared it, the paint match, somehow came out PERFECT!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:59 AM
imjdoggie

Originally Posted by brandonanix
this DIY worked like a charm, I got stuck on the removal of the inner plastic, until someone gave me the spatula idea, and that worked perfectly!!

I got the sink stopper at home depot, and just sprayed it with krylon silver, and cleared it, the paint match, somehow came out PERFECT!
Now all you have to do is take the sprayer off at the top! Just make sure you plug the hole in the rear so if you spray your wiper fluid it doesn't go all over your trunk. I plugged the line with a screw and cut a small piece of black vinyl to cover the circle on the rear window.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:06 AM
iilljlllii

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
Now all you have to do is take the sprayer off at the top! Just make sure you plug the hole in the rear so if you spray your wiper fluid it doesn't go all over your trunk. I plugged the line with a screw and cut a small piece of black vinyl to cover the circle on the rear window.
how do you take the sprayer off?? Do I have to go under the hatch and take plastic pieces off again to take it off?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:51 PM
three_fitty

--mike
Hey Leemik,

I tried your method, but no luck. I think i killed the wiper motor now. When i turned the wiper arm, the middle bolt moved with it. Now whole arm is loose and still wont come off.

Did you have the same problem?

-Tony
Old 03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
three_fitty

Originally Posted by three_fitty
Hey Leemik,

I tried your method, but no luck. I think i killed the wiper motor now. When i turned the wiper arm, the middle bolt moved with it. Now whole arm is loose and still wont come off.

Did you have the same problem?

-Tony

Scrap that. Got it off.

I pulled harder counter clockwise and broke the center nut right off and upon further inspection, i even cracked the wiper motor case.

Good news is no rear wiper.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by three_fitty
Scrap that. Got it off.

I pulled harder counter clockwise and broke the center nut right off and upon further inspection, i even cracked the wiper motor case.

Good news is no rear wiper.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:59 PM
three_fitty

Originally Posted by jonb7007
Ya i know it sounds bad. But that wipers a B#%$* to get off. Even now when its broken, it still wont come off the wiper arm. Its like its been fused together.

Quick Reply: Rear Wiper Removal (with pictures!)