Notices

DIY: TS Rear Diffuser Installation Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 09:25 PM
G4nismo

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bak3rme
Does anyone know where I could get the mounting brackets sold separatley?
What I eventually ended up doing was buying several of these zinc plated 6'' x 3/4'' mending braces from lowes along with a few shorter versions and just bent/shaped them to connect to the diffuser. I also bought several nylon nuts/bolts to extend them. Oh, I did also buy 1 L shaped bracket for the passenger side. Here's an amazon link for the mending brace: https://www.amazon.com/NATIONAL-MFG-.../dp/B000BQUHGK

I highly do not recommend buying those flimsy rolled up metal exhaust hangers you can buy from autozone or advance auto. Those eventually broke on me.

Last edited by G4nismo; 12-01-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:54 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For those that got the Carbon Fiber TS Diffuser and had to make cuts, did you need to reinforce with fiberglass or does it not crack?
Old 06-25-2017, 02:42 PM
OdesiTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sry110
First, thanks to Cheston for writing this DIY.

Now to expose my own mental density: I've read through this 4 times and I still do not understand how to mount the rear center portion to the bumper. I see the heads of two (2) screws, presumably the long machine screws included with the installation hardware kit. But what I cannot fathom is how I will be able to reach inside the rear bumper, with the diffuser and muffler tips in place, to hold a nut into which those screws could thread.
I'll answer to you, although I'm sure you have it done. Just in case someone still has a hard time with it.
All you need to do is put a diffuser on the place where it should be, and drill two holes in the bumper(make sure diffuser fit really well before drilling!!!).

Then put the diffuser away and pull the bottom of the bumper. It very flexible, so you can pull it enough to make your hands get under the bumper. If you have a catback, you can put something between the bumper and catback to have a gap, so it will be more convenient to work there.

Now, put some glue on the nuts(you want to have washers there, so I would use one like this https://goo.gl/yYGt36 ) and put them on top of the holes from the inside. make sure they perfectly match before glue got hard.
When glue will be hard, put the diffuser back, and simply screw-in the bolts.

Hope its will help.