Notices

DIY- Add paddle shifters to any Nissan/Infiniti

Old 04-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Zenica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbocad6
the works kit doesn't fit like these, sits much lower & doesn't look any thing like they belong there or came that way, these will fit & look like they came there from nissan, just like the new g's . some guys might like the carbon fiber aftermarket look, but some will like the way these match the rest of the interior & the nissan design. I haven't had the oportunity to really check out a bell kit so I can't say much to really compare mine to theres really
The thing Works Bell has going for it -------- "Plug n Play"

Make yours plug n play and it will attract far more people.

I know for myself, I would love these but cutting plastic is not beyond my
ability but it is beyond my comfort zone.

EDIT:

Turbocad,

Hit me with a PM. While I won't cut the plastic, I am comfortable hiring you to do it.
Let me know when you can do it and $$$.

Last edited by Zenica; 04-02-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Revise post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 PM
james840a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys,
Been awhile since i been in this thread. Been dealing with alot of crap. Losing job tring to find new one, and then getting one and work hard every day and overtime. But anyways, i been in what spare time i have, working on a new paddle design, which in my opinion mounts easy and better then my proto type im running with now. And i like the shape of my new ones im at the at the point of putting the finish on them and wire it up. Once i do that, ill get some pictures.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:08 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My carbon bell works paddle shifters will be installed when my transmission is back. Intense has them at their shop ready for me. They think it will only take 1 hour for their first time installing these. I can give feedback when this is complete in about a week.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:06 AM
turbocad6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been working on a project for the FX community that involves dual projector conversion headlights, my basement looks like a headlight factory, I have no less than 30 sets of headlights in various stages of dis assembly & I have a waiting list for these, I have committed myself to finishing that project & fulfilling my obligations there, & it has taken me months, so I haven't had the time to fully develop production of my paddles, BUT I intend on going full force with them right after I fulfill my obligations with those headlights, I have a lot of time & money invested in this headlight project & I need to see them through before I can get back on these paddles

my paddles will be plug & play, complete bolt on with just 4 wire connections that need to be made, much easier than many aftermarket add ons, there will be no end user cutting of any plastic or anything... I have revised my design to allow me to fit my paddles to many different nissans, including maximas, fx's, g35's & 350Z's & similar. when ever I do get around to manufacturing these they will be sweet & easy to install & look 100% factory. all of the cutting & welding you see in the beginning of this thread is irrelevant at this point, I was originally sharing how I was able to add paddles to the fx & thought that guys here could benefit from it & be able to do it themselves, but I did not realize at the time of my original how to post here, that the ign switch was directly in the way of that design. this is what prompted me to redesign to the point of my new paddles, which are def not a DIY to build, so at this point this is a pretty useless DIY thread except for the information it contains. my original intent was to just give away instructions for doing these yourself...

I really apologize for the long development time with these, but I Just haven't had the time yet, I would have liked to have these available for the spring time, but that hasn't happened, I am also working on trying to build these as efficient as I can to keep the costs as low as I can within reason

James, I'd love to see what you come up with, I know the challenge of fitting these first hand & would like to see your approach to this