Notices

DIY: Fix Your Dash Rattle/Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 06:33 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby-22
Wow great thread. I have the same buzzing/tapping noises in my dash. It only happens when it's cold so im pretty sure it's the same problem. Gonna try to fix it soon!
Originally Posted by Delta_two-Niner
it doesn't seem that anybody got to the issue of this clicking noise on the driver's side.

Mine is driving me NUTS !!!!

coming from drivers side up top near windshield, sometimes sounds like its coming from the far right side of the door, other days it definitely sounds like its coming from the lower left windshield area...

ahhhh !!!!! annoying !!!!
I have a similar buzzing coming from in front of my stearing wheel near my windshield. mine comes from the little circle thing that looks like a black quarter, it just buzzes sometimes. anyone know what this thing does? can i glue it down?
Old 07-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Luminair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has there been any definitive find when it comes to the passenger side windshield area noise? I'm also only experiencing it when it's colder, and my girlfriend is tired of being the squeak-fixer (having to press down in that area to cause it to stop).
Old 07-23-2012, 08:42 AM
BhashaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a crazy rattle the seemed to be coming from my passenger area, that was progressively getting worse. After tearing open the dash to no avail (passenger side panel per OP's suggestion, and center console), I finally realized that it was my battery tie-down (vertical bar) that was loose!

This probably isn't causing issues for most, but wouldn't hurt to check your battery compartment, since it directly behind the passenger dash area!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:19 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for that, i have something similar.

I check the battery, whilst it's not jammed down tight, it doesn't feel too loose. But, it does have a handle on it, which i think is lightly rubbing on the cover, maybe that's it.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Lucky736

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know how to remove the driver side knee bolster area on a 2003?
Old 11-23-2012, 02:58 PM
archangele

I must admit I have never owned a car with so many dash rattles and buzzes. Mine scared me one day when I was passing someone. I wound the thing up and got some God awful buzzes and rattles that sounded like an old American V8 with it's lifters floating. I thought it was the engine but low and behold, it was just a plethora of dash rattles, buzzes and ticking sounds. My God, can't they build a car that will stay together anymore? My 1990 5.0L Mustang has no rattles at all. The seat vibrates a little with no passenger in it, but other then that, the old Stang is dead quiet. In my Z,, the three gauge cluster rattles, that stupid metal knee pad rings and there is a ticking in the left bottom of the windshield where it meets the dash. One of these days, if I ever get the time., I will rip this dash apart and seal it in ten gallons of silicon rubber. But for now, it really is annoying. I'm just elated to see I am not alone with this problem. Still,t he car is a hoot to drive. Just wish they had employed a little better interior build quality.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 PM
graymetalicsilv

Occasional tapping on the driver side. Goes away when its warm, or when I pound it with my fist.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:32 PM
350zsunshinefl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just don't see how that metal shield is a knee protector?