Body Interior Seats, shift knobs, etc.

FS: GaugeCraft Custom Pre-Made 350z Gauges: Just Plug-n-Play

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:09 PM
GaugeCraft
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GaugeCraft Custom Pre-Made 350z Gauges: Just Plug-n-Play

Yes, you can change the look of your 350z gauge cluster with your own hands. There are instructions on this great website. But... If you don't want to solder about thirty tiny LED's and would rather just plug a cluster into your car that someone else made, I've got something for you.

GaugeCraft offers Custom Pre-Made 350z Gauge Cluster Sets that match the actual mileage on your car.
That's right… I write the mileage that matches your 350z mileage to the custom 350z gauge cluster. This means there is no down-time sending your gauges off somewhere to be modified and then wait for them to be shipped back. You keep driving while GaugeCraft ships your custom gauges to you. I will also offer to buy your old stock gauges after your upgrade.

I also offer Odometer Correction services.

Visit www.gaugecraft.com/ today and check it out. Call 817-926-9535 / email.

As you may know the Nissan 350z has Red Needle-Pointers that can not be changed to a different color. By trial & error I found clear needle-pointers from other non-350z gauge clusters that fit the 350z stems on the stepper motors.
That means I can make your pointers any color you desire. Below are examples of clear pointers with blue LED's:

I've done a few mods to my own Z car but, nothing is as cool as when I start that monster at night running what I call the "350z Rice Rocket Red - Fans of NISMO" gauge cluster. Dang... This thing looks like a flipping' Space Ship. My pictures below are not the greatest and it's not that pink...

Last edited by GaugeCraft; 06-03-2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Pictures not showing... boo
Old 06-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Fluid1

So I can basically pick any color LED for the backlight and any color LED for the pointers?

What about the color of the background? I see the white with the Z emblem, and I really prefer the Z over the "Nismo". Do you offer colors other than the white for the background?
As for the two smaller gauges in the center dash gauge cluster, I assume that's a separate deal?
I'm interested in getting them all done....
Old 06-02-2012, 06:30 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

How much for the blue without Z or Nismo?

http://www.gaugecraft.com/photos/blue-RPM.html

Like that but with 7500 redline.

Last edited by e30cabrio; 06-02-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Can you dim them?
Old 06-02-2012, 11:51 AM
GaugeCraft
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default Gaugecraft Color Combos

Hey Fluid1,

Yes sir, you can pick the color combos. The background is called the "faceplate" or "gaugeface" and that can be anything you want. I get the gaugefaces from Al at Black Cat Custom who is the original custom gauge fabricator. You can get any color or design you can think up. No kidding. Al is a little slow on getting them shipped but, he does a great job making these items. Most of the time I get my orders in about two weeks. Please check out Al's website: www.blackcatcustom.com

The gauge faces I have in stock that have the "Z" logo are silver in color. Although in some pictures they do look white. And at night they look black. This color is a very good match for the 350z parts inside that are silver.

As far a the center dash gauge cluster goes, well those ARE INCLUDED in the price. That's right. You get a full set of gauges with your order. You get the main cluster plus the center cluster.

-Bob

Originally Posted by Fluid1
So I can basically pick any color LED for the backlight and any color LED for the pointers?

What about the color of the background? I see the white with the Z emblem, and I really prefer the Z over the "Nismo". Do you offer colors other than the white for the background?
As for the two smaller gauges in the center dash gauge cluster, I assume that's a separate deal?
I'm interested in getting them all done....
Old 06-02-2012, 11:58 AM
GaugeCraft
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default Can you Dim them?

Yo Flo-ridaZ33,

Hell yea man. They work with the same dimmers that's in your Z car now. The LED's I use are the same type that are stock in the 350z, which are the tiny PLCC-2 1210 SMD LED's. I just solder in different colors.

-Bob

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Can you dim them?
Old 06-02-2012, 12:07 PM
GaugeCraft
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default How much for the blue without Z or Nismo?

hey e30cabrio,

That gauge set is the Classic Acree Blue named after the guy who started it all and it's $600.00 for the main cluster & the center cluster. I have one like that ready but, the red-line is not correct for your Z. I can order that 7500 red-line gauge-face for you. No problem.

-Bob

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
How much for the blue without Z or Nismo?

http://www.gaugecraft.com/photos/blue-RPM.html

Like that but with 7500 redline.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:27 PM
GaugeCraft
Vendor - Former Vendor

bump to the top

Originally Posted by GaugeCraft
hey e30cabrio,

That gauge set is the Classic Acree Blue named after the guy who started it all and it's $600.00 for the main cluster & the center cluster. I have one like that ready but, the red-line is not correct for your Z. I can order that 7500 red-line gauge-face for you. No problem.

-Bob
Old 06-09-2012, 01:57 PM
GaugeCraft
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default GaugeCraft Gauges

Vist GaugeCraft today!

Originally Posted by GaugeCraft
Yes, you can change the look of your 350z gauge cluster with your own hands. There are instructions on this great website. But... If you don't want to solder about thirty tiny LED's and would rather just plug a cluster into your car that someone else made, I've got something for you.

GaugeCraft offers Custom Pre-Made 350z Gauge Cluster Sets that match the actual mileage on your car.
That's right… I write the mileage that matches your 350z mileage to the custom 350z gauge cluster. This means there is no down-time sending your gauges off somewhere to be modified and then wait for them to be shipped back. You keep driving while GaugeCraft ships your custom gauges to you. I will also offer to buy your old stock gauges after your upgrade.

I also offer Odometer Correction services.

Visit www.gaugecraft.com/ today and check it out. Call 817-926-9535 / email.

As you may know the Nissan 350z has Red Needle-Pointers that can not be changed to a different color. By trial & error I found clear needle-pointers from other non-350z gauge clusters that fit the 350z stems on the stepper motors.
That means I can make your pointers any color you desire. Below are examples of clear pointers with blue LED's:

I've done a few mods to my own Z car but, nothing is as cool as when I start that monster at night running what I call the "350z Rice Rocket Red - Fans of NISMO" gauge cluster. Dang... This thing looks like a flipping' Space Ship. My pictures below are not the greatest and it's not that pink...

Old 06-09-2012, 04:56 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool look
Old 06-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While your messing with the gauges, do u happen to know if its possible to rotate the tach and speedometer? Easy?
Old 06-09-2012, 08:48 PM
R350Zz33

ahhh i need more money now time to sell more stuff
Old 06-10-2012, 04:52 AM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's pretty hot!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you affiliated with Acree in any way? I am one of his original customers and have a full set of his gauges in my Z. I also know he is from TX and see you are there as well. What is the turn time from order to delivery?

Also, I see you have Acree Blue, can you color match the Defi Blue? Its just a bit lighter than the Acree Blue.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:41 AM
konrad

Do you guys offer this for the G35 ? It also uses LEDs, I can send you the extra cluster I have if you want to see if you would be able to do it.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:58 AM
block8head

i want red color with white needles. i can also send you my cluster for the work...
pm me the price please.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 AM
GaugeCraft
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thank you sir.

Originally Posted by lgear080
Very cool look
Old 06-10-2012, 10:58 AM
GaugeCraft
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hey Voboy,

I do not think it is possible. I have done that before with other cars, having my red-line pointing up at 12:00. The reason it can not be done with the 350z is the gauges are not discrete. Both the tach and the speedo are on one PC board. Here is a 350z cluster as pictured in a post by IZB:

I just was messing around with a cluster and the thing I notice is the speedo & tach have a flat side that is the bottom. Impossible to turn because the odometer and LED's stay in the same place and no way to move them.

Originally Posted by Voboy
While your messing with the gauges, do u happen to know if its possible to rotate the tach and speedometer? Easy?
Old 06-10-2012, 11:00 AM
GaugeCraft
Vendor - Former Vendor

I hear that. I'll be around a bit longer. Best to bookmark my website now. You feel me? -Bob

Originally Posted by R350Zz33
ahhh i need more money now time to sell more stuff
Old 06-10-2012, 11:04 AM
GaugeCraft
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hey taywan, Thank you sir. I spent some time and money getting here... I did it just for you guys on this forum. They really do look much better in person. -Bob

Originally Posted by taywan
That's pretty hot!!!

Quick Reply: FS: GaugeCraft Custom Pre-Made 350z Gauges: Just Plug-n-Play