Notices

Air Suspension Air Lines Route

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 02:23 PM
dylwadzzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Suspension Air Lines Route

I'm in the process of installing Air Lift Performance Suspension and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how they routed there air lines or point me in the direction of where I could find this out. I've searched everywhere and couldn't find anything for 350z.

Simple questions:
Did you route the lines in or out of the car?
Did you drill your own holes for the lines?
Old 06-08-2016, 01:40 AM
craig12895

Received 160 Likes on 129 Posts

There really isn't a right or wrong way to route air lines, its just about you finding a spot where you want them.

My air management is in the Bose Subwoofer cubby so I routed my rear lines from there to the spare tire well and drilled 2 holes in the bottom of the well and then ran those lines around a couple braces under the car to keep them from sagging and hanging low and then to the rear air bags.

My front air lines run from the management, up to the rear speaker bar, over to the door sills, and I have them tucked under the door sills all the way up to the front fender where I found an OEM placed hole in the fender well that worked out well.

So you can really do whatever you want with them, but make sure you don't have them pulled too tight so you don't put too much stress on the line and absolutely make sure that wherever you put them they are pressed up against a shape corner where they will continually rub against the corner and cut into the line.
The following users liked this post:
dylwadzzz (06-08-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 12:38 PM
dylwadzzz

do you have any pictures of how you ran your rear lines? I found a way to my lines from the front that's why. and having the management in the cubby hole isn't to bad of a idea actually @craig12895
Old 06-09-2016, 01:34 AM
craig12895

I did not take any pictures during the install and unfortunately it would require me pulling my rear subs and amp to get to where I can take a picture of the lines in the car.

I can probably snap a picture under the car and you might be able to see how I routed them under the car but I'm not sure if thats what you're looking for
The following users liked this post:
dylwadzzz (06-09-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 08:17 AM
dylwadzzz

Yeah pictures of under the car would be fine. I just wanna see how you got it into the trunk that's all. I could figure it out from there
Old 06-09-2016, 12:40 PM
craig12895

Ive made these pictures excessively large to hopefully help you see whats going on here. And any airlines I have that are outside the car, or that squeeze through a tight space I have wrapped in a 1/4" ID rubber hose for protection.

Under the rear of the car (where the OEM muffler would be) the airbag you see in the picture is the rear driver's side airbag
Air Suspension Air Lines Route-cc6dtie.jpg

Facing the same direction, just a little higher so you can see the air line. You can also see that my airlines are inside of a rubber hose.
Air Suspension Air Lines Route-xtnkods.jpg

The holes I drilled are 3/8" and the rubber hose fit absolutely perfect into them. The rubber hoses make a great seal so I don't have any issues with water getting into the trunk.
Air Suspension Air Lines Route-lxftvrf.jpg

This picture is shot from way below so that you can see where I have put the holes, its easy to see where they are if you look at the OEM diff bushing.
Air Suspension Air Lines Route-i2o8npr.jpg

And finally a close up of the lines going into the trunk
Air Suspension Air Lines Route-eggnsrm.jpg
Old 06-09-2016, 01:11 PM
dylwadzzz

do you have an aftermarket exhaust ?
Old 06-09-2016, 01:15 PM
craig12895

Originally Posted by dylwadzzz
do you have an aftermarket exhaust ?
Yea its custom. All straight-piped with the only piece of restriction being a magnaflow muffler. I absolutely love it
Old 06-09-2016, 01:47 PM
dylwadzzz

so I would have to take off my OEM muffler in order to run my lines in my car ? just to have a better view of everything
Old 06-09-2016, 05:25 PM
craig12895

Originally Posted by dylwadzzz
so I would have to take off my OEM muffler in order to run my lines in my car ? just to have a better view of everything
Removing it would give you a better view but I do not think it would be necessary to remove.