Notices

350z ride height lower on one side after accident

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 10:38 PM
350_Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z ride height lower on one side after accident

Hey guys so the other day when it was pouring up in nor cal Sadly I spun out in my z and I smacked a curb and dented my driver side fender and threw my alignment off. luckily, that's all that happened (I hope) yesterday I noticed the car was sagging about 1.5 inches lower on the damaged side I'm wondering what could've caused this my initial thought was springs or shocks but they seem fine could it be a tie rod, Control arm, or something else? I have no idea gonna take the car in for a diagnostic when I get the chance but I was hoping someone could help single out the cause thanks in advance.

Last edited by 350_Tee; 10-18-2016 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-18-2016, 11:10 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Definitely don't take a look for yourself, because we can see fine from here.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:08 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Originally Posted by 350_Tee
Hey guys so the other day when it was pouring up in nor cal Sadly I spun out in my z and I smacked a curb and dented my driver side fender and threw my alignment off. luckily, that's all that happened (I hope) yesterday I noticed the car was sagging about 1.5 inches lower on the damaged side I'm wondering what could've caused this my initial thought was springs or shocks but they seem fine could it be a tie rod, Control arm, or something else? I have no idea gonna take the car in for a diagnostic when I get the chance but I was hoping someone could help single out the cause thanks in advance.
dugan day is coming up!!!

i looked into my internet mechanic's crystal ball, and it said you need to check the coolant
Old 10-20-2016, 05:29 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

An inch and a half is a big difference, my guess would depend on if your talking about the front or back.

Its best to bring into a repair shop and avoid hitting things, and probably call your insurance because its going to be expensive.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:19 PM
350_Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks for the reply the last one at least I can put some pictures up too if that's what you guys are getting at but I don't think it'd be much help I'm taking it into a shop hoping it's just the strut because I really can't afford fixing anything huge or a massive insurance fee every month.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:34 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by 350_Tee
Ok thanks for the reply the last one at least I can put some pictures up too if that's what you guys are getting at but I don't think it'd be much help I'm taking it into a shop hoping it's just the strut because I really can't afford fixing anything huge or a massive insurance fee every month.
You just need to get it to a frame/collision shop that you trust. Put in on a lift to see what's broken or bent. Be sure they show you where the damage is, and get a written estimate.
Good luck!
Old 10-21-2016, 06:37 PM
terrj

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Whats done is done but slow the hell down next time it rains dude