Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Changing Pads on a STOPTECH BBK?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:49 AM
kwadell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Changing Pads on a STOPTECH BBK?

I've got a STOPTECH BBK on my 03 Z. I've been swapping out my track pads and my street pads and I've now figured out it's not clear to me what the best way is to push the pistons back into the calipers since the calipers don't compress like the factor set up. I can slide out the street pads no problem. The track pads aren't as worn so the 2 inboard pistons and the 2 outboard pistons have to be compressed back in enough to allow the new pads to slide in. What are folks using to do this?

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:29 PM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Pull your street pad out about halfway and use it as a lever to depress the pistons into the caliper body by applying outward pressure. Make sure you leave the opposing pad in its place or the opposing pistons can be pushed all the way our of the caliper body. In other words, leave the inner street pad in while changing the outer pad. Once the outer track pad is in, repeat the procedure on the inner pad. Make sure to pump the pedal after changing pads in each caliper to push the fluid back into the caliper and keep your brake fluid reservoir form overflowing.

-ERIK-
Old 06-05-2006, 02:00 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by StopTech
Pull your street pad out about halfway and use it as a lever to depress the pistons into the caliper body by applying outward pressure. Make sure you leave the opposing pad in its place or the opposing pistons can be pushed all the way our of the caliper body. In other words, leave the inner street pad in while changing the outer pad. Once the outer track pad is in, repeat the procedure on the inner pad. Make sure to pump the pedal after changing pads in each caliper to push the fluid back into the caliper and keep your brake fluid reservoir form overflowing.

-ERIK-
This is good info to know
Old 06-05-2006, 05:20 PM
kwadell

Smile Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the quick response and help. These STOPTECH brakes are incredible. I'll try the process this week when I prep for my upcoming track event.

Thanks again...
Old 06-06-2006, 06:44 AM
simstad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering the same thing.
Just ordered my new pads from and talked to Erik last week, good advice. Can't wait to do it and change the fluid.

Neil