Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Most comfortable coilovers for daily driving?

Old 09-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Flee0588

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Stance cheap. HKS expensive.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:37 AM
BrianLG35C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
came in and sold out again (3 sets arrived Wed, all sold as of this AM)

we have 1 set of PSS left in stock now (non dampening adjustable)
When do you expect more? Do you know if any that purchased them are on this forum, so we can get a review?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if ordered, would take 3-4 days to get.

No idea if they are on here or not sorry
Old 09-21-2007, 08:40 AM
BrianLG35C

if ordered, would take 3-4 days to get.

No idea if they are on here or not sorry
Hmm, what KW's do you have in stock? Do they compare favorably to the Bilsteins as far as comfort/performance?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

KW's are backordered right now, would have to ship from Germany, takes about 2 weeks

the V2 are similar in comfort to the Bilstein though Bilstein is more adjustable for dampening
Old 09-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Mr_Drifter

dammit...Bilstein HKS Bilstein HKS...this is harder than I thought
Old 10-11-2007, 07:43 AM
BrianLG35C

KW's are backordered right now, would have to ship from Germany, takes about 2 weeks

the V2 are similar in comfort to the Bilstein though Bilstein is more adjustable for dampening
I've read and heard some complaints of creaks with the KW Variants, because of the lack of a pillow mount. Squeaking over speed bumps and dips. Would this be an issue with the Bilsteins as well?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:33 PM
IMPORTIMAGE
Sponsor
Import Image

if anyone wants a bc setup near the 1k range, i can hook that up. we know you dont want to blow a ton of $ on coilovers but want a high quality setup WITH great customer service. we want you to be happy. with 285 sets sold, be another happy customer with the warranty and comfort these come with, we know we have a setup that will fit your needs.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:41 PM
CESAROTORRES

Default I have a set of RS

I have a set of like new HKS RS (1,000). Let me know if any one is interested. Only 800 miles on it.

THX
Cesar
Old 10-11-2007, 06:49 PM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

scammer!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
if anyone wants a bc setup near the 1k range, i can hook that up. we know you dont want to blow a ton of $ on coilovers but want a high quality setup WITH great customer service.

IMO, having experienced Megan coilovers made by BC Racing and the fact that I'm not seeing the larger piston diameters mentioned by Pete as some sort of mid cycle product update, I'm not feeling it. Most inexpensive coilovers are underdampned, often misunderstood as "comfortable". I'll put money out that a shock dyno of a BC coilover vs Cusco or HKS will clearly show why you would want to spend the extra money. Though lot's of people who blissfully don't know right from wrong behavior will not know the difference. I'm not in that catagory. Getting a ride along is highly recommended and not just on smooth as glass pavement. Do agree with BC Racing customer service, Pete is a standup person to deal with. When I needed to bring the Megan coilovers front dampner performance in line, he sold me the 448lbs front springs to make it happen. No way would I have them to someone else otherwise.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:37 AM
IMPORTIMAGE
Sponsor
Import Image

yes, they must not be good...anyway, they all have the 53mm dampers on them. when i take a 280 mile ride with my weekend car that is equipped with these, and my girlfriend can fall asleep and not complain, that tells me that they are comfortable. When i have owners that have families and need to pass "the wife" test, they come back to me and tell me that they are very pleased. I've had nothing BUT pleased customers...feel free to read through the 21 pages below if you do not believe me

so your using a shock and spring combo? generally they are not matched, i try to steer customers away from unmatched shock/spring combos, why? because one wasn't designed for the other and you end up with a final result that isn't as good as this. I'm not here to argue. the megan product and this product are NOT the same, the locking collars and larger diameter dampers provide a better quality ride that doesn't change heights after you set the height you want. good luck trying to get a rebuild or something of the sort through tein, Pete and I make the process of any exchange quick and simple. Pete takes care of any issues, im yet to see another suspension company so concerned with the happiness of their customers to the point where they lose $ to make it happen, whether its a track day or the customer just needs them quickly.

thats why i have 5 customers winning auto-x and track events...and no its not just subaru...its everywhere from spec miata, to drifting in the 240's.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1085379
Old 10-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
I've read and heard some complaints of creaks with the KW Variants, because of the lack of a pillow mount. Squeaking over speed bumps and dips. Would this be an issue with the Bilsteins as well?
the lack of pillowballs does not induce squeaking and other noises, it reduces it

I've never experienced, nor have I heard feedback from anyone with any noises whatsoever from either the Bilstein or the KW coilovers on either a Z or G, and we've sold quite alot of each.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 10-12-2007 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:41 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
IMO, having experienced Megan coilovers made by BC Racing and the fact that I'm not seeing the larger piston diameters mentioned by Pete as some sort of mid cycle product update, I'm not feeling it. Most inexpensive coilovers are underdampned, often misunderstood as "comfortable". I'll put money out that a shock dyno of a BC coilover vs Cusco or HKS will clearly show why you would want to spend the extra money. Though lot's of people who blissfully don't know right from wrong behavior will not know the difference. I'm not in that catagory. Getting a ride along is highly recommended and not just on smooth as glass pavement. Do agree with BC Racing customer service, Pete is a standup person to deal with. When I needed to bring the Megan coilovers front dampner performance in line, he sold me the 448lbs front springs to make it happen. No way would I have them to someone else otherwise.

I'm pretty happy with my set of BC coilovers so far.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:55 AM
IMPORTIMAGE
Sponsor
Import Image

the lack of pillowballs does not induce squeaking and other noises, it reduces it

I've never experienced, nor have I heard feedback from anyone with any noises whatsoever from either the Bilstein or the KW coilovers on either a Z or G, and we've sold quite alot of each.
yeah adam is correct, the lack of pillowballs does lead to less noise (and less performance)

I never said the bc's are as good as the ohlins or $2k plus kw's etc. but they aren't designed to take away that part of the market. they are designed to target tein flex and coilovers in the $15-$1600 level and beat them with features, warranty, performance, and customer service.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:40 AM
gchoi78

I have the KW V.2. I absolutely love them. I do not hear squeeks over bumps or dips. I only hear scrapes cause of my drop (about 1 in drop all around and another 1in to go for a full drop). I am on Full hard front and a whole turn from hard in the rear. Btw i get complaments on how great the ride quality is.

I thought I had a problem when I frist got them but I later find out that my steering column is rubbing on my headers (totally different issue).
Old 10-12-2007, 08:04 AM
helldorado

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do get some creaking from my KW V3's and I've been working to see what the cause of the problem is. I've checked and worked on my 350EVO sways and SPL end links to see if they're the cause of the noise since it was my first inclination, but I'm still working it out. When lowering my car off the lift, going over slow bumps, etc, its a very pronounced creak and only comes from the up and down travel of the body over the suspension, so right now I'm leaning towards the metal on metal contact of the height adjusters to the springs.

Other than that, I've been very happy with them for the ride quality and performance and won't put them on blast until I determine exactly what is causing my suspension noise in case its something stupid that I missed.

Last edited by helldorado; 10-12-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:44 AM
818dbz

Sorry for grave digging but now in the same boat as the op. ive finally saved up to lower my car. Which coilovers are the most comfy for daily driving?
Old 02-26-2015, 08:51 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by 818dbz
Sorry for grave digging but now in the same boat as the op. ive finally saved up to lower my car. Which coilovers are the most comfy for daily driving?
Really depends on how low you want to go. If you are talking a good little drop just get a set of KW V1, if you need adjustable damping get V2 or V3
Old 02-26-2015, 08:52 AM
818dbz

Thanks for the quick response. I jus want to eliminate the gap so jus above the tire is what I want.btw this car will never see the track

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Most comfortable coilovers for daily driving?