Brembo Touch-up Paint - MY350Z.COM Forums

Go Back   MY350Z.COM Forums > 350Z Tech Area > Brakes & Suspension
Search



Brembo Touch-up Paint

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Yokohamaz
Registered User
 
Yokohamaz's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 197
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Brembo Touch-up Paint

I had a set of Endless pads put on my Z today and the retard chipped by Brembo caliper with the rim. (By the way, my Z has a whole 575 miles on it. Wanted to kill the guy.) I have done some searching, but have been unable to find any Brembo caliper touch-up paint. Does anyone know of any touch-up paint? Specifically, gold.

Yz
Yokohamaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
Jason333
hi
 
Jason333's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (15)
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,056
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokohamaz
I had a set of Endless pads put on my Z today and the retard chipped by Brembo caliper with the rim. (By the way, my Z has a whole 575 miles on it. Wanted to kill the guy.) I have done some searching, but have been unable to find any Brembo caliper touch-up paint. Does anyone know of any touch-up paint? Specifically, gold.

Yz
Was it at a shop? I would make them fix it...
Jason333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
Vinny@VTR
Registered User
 
Vinny@VTR's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (2)
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

the next best thing which is really pretty close is the Honda Inca Gold Touch up Paint... get it from a local Honda Dealer.
Vinny@VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #4
Yokohamaz
Registered User
 
Yokohamaz's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 197
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@VTR
the next best thing which is really pretty close is the Honda Inca Gold Touch up Paint... get it from a local Honda Dealer.
Yeah, I saw that on a thread on another board. Down side is that it is not high temp paint.

And yes, I am making them fix it.

Yz
Yokohamaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
n1cK!
Infiltrator!
 
n1cK!'s Avatar
 
Trader Score: (21)
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 716
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to n1cK!
Default

you actually don't need high temp paint on the calipers. the aluminum does not heat up that much where the paint is...most of the heat is transferred from the pad to the backing plate to the pistons.
__________________
1124
U-R-not-E

n1cK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #6
chriskabobbers
Registered User
 
chriskabobbers's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (13)
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: san jose, CA
Posts: 3,459
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to chriskabobbers Send a message via Yahoo to chriskabobbers
Default

repaint all red? lol
__________________
2004 World Rally Blue WRX STi
chriskabobbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
ChinaClipper
Registered User
 
ChinaClipper's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (2)
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Rockwall, Texas
Posts: 968
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I called Brembo for suggestions on touch up paint for my 03 Track calipers after suffering some rock damage/gouging from on off track excursion! They could not help, just like Nissan could not supply touchup paint for the Brembo calipers. HOWEVER, if you go to your local Hobbytown USA hobby shop, they carry Humbrol enamel paint. Buy a tinllet of Metallic #54, along with a package of Microbrush - fine size. These are small, disposable brushes. Worked like a charm and matches my 03 calipers perfectly right out of the tin!

HTH,
ChinaClipper
ChinaClipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #8
joeygill
Registered User
 
Trader Score: (4)
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NoVA
Posts: 146
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaClipper
I called Brembo for suggestions on touch up paint for my 03 Track calipers after suffering some rock damage/gouging from on off track excursion! They could not help, just like Nissan could not supply touchup paint for the Brembo calipers. HOWEVER, if you go to your local Hobbytown USA hobby shop, they carry Humbrol enamel paint. Buy a tinllet of Metallic #54, along with a package of Microbrush - fine size. These are small, disposable brushes. Worked like a charm and matches my 03 calipers perfectly right out of the tin!

HTH,
ChinaClipper
Do you happen to have some pics of what it looks like now?
__________________
FS: 03 G35 Coupe 56K miles (PM me for details)
joeygill is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
brake, brakes, brembo, caliper, calipers, code, coupe, g35, gold, paint, red, rim, sti, touch, touchup

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:54 PM.

INSURANCE CENTER

Advertise on MY350Z.COM - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Jobs
Copyright 2002 - 2008, MY350Z.COM All Rights Reserved.