Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

BC Racing Suspension (Install, and initial impression) Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:50 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought you already had a set of coils mike? were u runnin on stock shocks the whole time before this?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:12 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abui01
I thought you already had a set of coils mike? were u runnin on stock shocks the whole time before this?
That is correct sir.. stock shocks with Espilar active super downs.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:57 PM
350ZPK

Did you break in the suspension before doing the alignment? If not, u'll have to do it again ; ))
Old 10-27-2007, 04:10 PM
DaytonaRoadster
Banned

how hard is to lower the Z, i've done my old prelude and civics before, know all the tricks to doing most hondas, but havent looked at the Z yet, on a scale of 1-10
Old 10-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Thats one nice coilover set up.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:18 PM
joebangaa

Are you the first person with this setup for the Z33? I'd like to know how long these shocks can go before blowing w/ regular street use. Any ideas how they hold up for the WRX/STi and EVO guys?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:48 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by ighettoboyi
Are you the first person with this setup for the Z33? I'd like to know how long these shocks can go before blowing w/ regular street use. Any ideas how they hold up for the WRX/STi and EVO guys?

Not sure I am the first or not. I think that the EVO / STI guys love theirs.. I really like mine.

My use is mixed street and track.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so you are sponsored by them?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:32 PM
joebangaa

Originally Posted by 350ZPK
Did you break in the suspension before doing the alignment? If not, u'll have to do it again ; ))
Coilovers generally do most of their breaking in the very day they're put on...
Old 10-31-2007, 12:06 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

We will be working with BC Racing to track test and tune these off the shelf coilovers as well as a few custom sets that we are working out the details/specs on with them on right now. These will be tried on a couple NA 350Z's as well as some high HP FI'ed roadracing 350Z's, g35's, S14's, and our EVO IX, so stay tuned for the reviews .........

We also sell BC Racing products now.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:36 AM
PumpedVA

How low can you go?
Attached Thumbnails BC Racing Suspension (Install, and initial impression) Review-mike.jpg  
Old 10-31-2007, 04:23 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
We will be working with BC Racing to track test and tune these off the shelf coilovers as well as a few custom sets that we are working out the details/specs on with them on right now. These will be tried on a couple NA 350Z's as well as some high HP FI'ed roadracing 350Z's, g35's, S14's, and our EVO IX, so stay tuned for the reviews .........

We also sell BC Racing products now.
Ive got an NA Z, actually i'm getting these right after the Nissan Performance event. I cant have them and run inthe stock class.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:00 PM
azula

i checked intense but i didn't see these on their website, does anyone know who carries them?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:50 PM
visionz

Originally Posted by azula
i checked intense but i didn't see these on their website, does anyone know who carries them?
a sponsor on the first page of this thread sells them for a good price. www.importimageonline.com
Old 10-31-2007, 08:35 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by azula
does anyone know who carries them?
We carry them.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:06 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by Motormouth
so you are sponsored by them?
Yes I am. I want to make sure that you all know that part of my agreement with them was a continuing impartial review. If these coilovers don't perform.. you'll hear it from me. So far.. they are butter

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
How low can you go?
LOL.. cool pic Toby.. where did you find it?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Yes I am. I want to make sure that you all know that part of my agreement with them was a continuing impartial review. If these coilovers don't perform.. you'll hear it from me. So far.. they are butter
But, you posting behavior has shown a preceived slant that say's you are paying off a debt of some kind. Sorry, I'm respectfully not buying the impartialality your wishing to convey. I once owned the Megan's made by Bc Racing and Adam has driven the Bc Racing product, we both agree that they are underdampned.

I found the product performance so bad that I refused to resell them without first finding a way to rain in the issues their underdampned nature created. Only after buying softer front spirngs, did I finally resell them. I really like Pete at Bc as a person, but no matter how hard he tried to get his product back into my car, I'd rather pay more and get something worthwhile, worthwhile as in the kind of things a shock dyno would reveal.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:58 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
But, you posting behavior has shown a preceived slant that say's you are paying off a debt of some kind. Sorry, I'm respectfully not buying the impartialality your wishing to convey. I once owned the Megan's made by Bc Racing and Adam has driven the Bc Racing product, we both agree that they are underdampned.

I found the product performance so bad that I refused to resell them without first finding a way to rain in the issues their underdampned nature created. Only after buying softer front spirngs, did I finally resell them. I really like Pete at Bc as a person, but no matter how hard he tried to get his product back into my car, I'd rather pay more and get something worthwhile, worthwhile as in the kind of things a shock dyno would reveal.
No worries, I will be street/track testing these BC racing coilovers on severall different cars and working with Pete at BC Racing NA and with BC Racing Japan with some different damper valving and different spring rate combinations that will suit these cars in different configurations for the track and street. They are a nice product and the people are very easy to work with and ready to expand the developement much further with their product.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:10 AM
mdracer76
Banned

But, you posting behavior has shown a preceived slant that say's you are paying off a debt of some kind. Sorry, I'm respectfully not buying the impartialality your wishing to convey.
You are entitled to formulate your own opinion. You don't know me from John Doe... so you have no reason to trust me. I promised BC racing an impartial review, and this is it. I am genuinely impressed with this suspension, and if I were not... this review would reflect accordingly.

I once owned the Megan's made by Bc Racing and Adam has driven the Bc Racing product, we both agree that they are underdampned.
Megans' offering is made by BC to Megans specs. These coilovers are made to a different spec. Apples and oranges.

I have not noticed any under dampening *yet*. I recently organized a driving event in my regional forum that had some heavily spirited driving, and am very impressed with BC's system.

I have not had a chance to get my Z back out on track with these coilovers yet, and may not for a few more weeks. Only the track time will tell if these suffer from the less than ideal dampening that you suspect them to have. But then .. for the cost, I would not expect to lap F1 cars
Old 11-06-2007, 01:03 PM
kinetikz

Any updated pics mdracer76? I would love to see more.

Quick Reply: BC Racing Suspension (Install, and initial impression) Review