Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Suspension 101

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 07:00 PM
NecktieNinja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will it rub?!?

Just bought a set of Teins Street Basis for my 08 z. I have my stock nismo wheels (f:18x9, r: 19x10) and my tire specs are f:245/35R18 r:265/35R19....
I am planning on lowering maybe an inch? around there, just to get rid of most of the wheel gap. Anyone know if it will rub on either ends? Fronts fenders are rolled by factory, and rears are not rolled yet. Will I need to roll the rears? Camber? If so, how much camber? I am trying to stay away from camber as much as possible. And yes, i am very clueless on this haha. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:44 PM
illestcarmedia

Looking for a straight answer, cant seem to find it. I have an 05 g35 coupe mt... currently stock setup wanted to know if 07 g35s suspention will work on the 05...

Thanx in advance
Old 07-25-2015, 05:00 AM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Will it "work"? Yes. will it bolt up directly? No. Will it lower your car? No. Is it worth doing? No.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:45 AM
illestcarmedia

Originally Posted by driftsucky
Will it "work"? Yes. will it bolt up directly? No. Will it lower your car? No. Is it worth doing? No.
Lol thank you hahaha.... guess it time to dig into some suspention research
Old 07-25-2015, 09:58 AM
illestcarmedia

Really like to thank the guy that started this thread.. Mad props, **** ton of info. I appreciate the time you took to gather and post this extremely valuable info.. after reading the first clp pages of this thread I'm coming to the realization that I don't know if I'm ready for the suspension / lowering game on my Infiniti ... im coming from an 04 rx8 and the Rx8 was so much simpler.. pretty much direct bolt on with a true coilover, and then an alignment.. i got a chance to glance at the suspention on my g35 and noticed how different it was from my 8... now i truely realize how much different ... im not looking to get spoon fed, just want to make sure i understand the requirements to lower a street driven g35. Never tracked before just like my cars to have a nice stance, so i know i dont really need extras , like adjustable caster. Looking for around a nice 1.5 in drop...the black 350/70 i seen o. This thread has a really nice look too it...reading this thread i seen the pss9's are a good direction to go, but im looking for a true coilover set up ... (insert suggestion here).. from what ive read i will need adjustable camber upper control arms in front, rear camber arms, also toe bolts for the rear... just want to make sure im not missing anything .. and in really appreciate the guidance for a new G owner ...
Old 07-27-2015, 03:34 AM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by illestcarmedia
Really like to thank the guy that started this thread.. Mad props, **** ton of info. I appreciate the time you took to gather and post this extremely valuable info.. after reading the first clp pages of this thread I'm coming to the realization that I don't know if I'm ready for the suspension / lowering game on my Infiniti ... im coming from an 04 rx8 and the Rx8 was so much simpler.. pretty much direct bolt on with a true coilover, and then an alignment.. i got a chance to glance at the suspention on my g35 and noticed how different it was from my 8... now i truely realize how much different ... im not looking to get spoon fed, just want to make sure i understand the requirements to lower a street driven g35. Never tracked before just like my cars to have a nice stance, so i know i dont really need extras , like adjustable caster. Looking for around a nice 1.5 in drop...the black 350/70 i seen o. This thread has a really nice look too it...reading this thread i seen the pss9's are a good direction to go, but im looking for a true coilover set up ... (insert suggestion here).. from what ive read i will need adjustable camber upper control arms in front, rear camber arms, also toe bolts for the rear... just want to make sure im not missing anything .. and in really appreciate the guidance for a new G owner ...
Pss9 or Pss10 are an excellent street coilover and there really is no need for you to look any further unless you need something specific ie.: heavy track use or slamming/completellyruiningyourhandlingandrideheight.

Additionally unless there is a very specific reason for which you wish to go with a true dual, there simply is no need and it's arguably worse for the geometry of the rear suspension. I recommend you search a bit on this topic if it's something that is very important to you based on some specific need as there are a few very interesting and very technical discussions on the topic of rear geometry and spring bucket vs. knuckle mounted springs.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:16 AM
illestcarmedia

Originally Posted by Row2K
Pss9 or Pss10 are an excellent street coilover and there really is no need for you to look any further unless you need something specific ie.: heavy track use or slamming/completellyruiningyourhandlingandrideheight.

Additionally unless there is a very specific reason for which you wish to go with a true dual, there simply is no need and it's arguably worse for the geometry of the rear suspension. I recommend you search a bit on this topic if it's something that is very important to you based on some specific need as there are a few very interesting and very technical discussions on the topic of rear geometry and spring bucket vs. knuckle mounted springs.

I acctually Did a little more research.. and i aggree.. im not tracking the car so im going to go with an oem style setup ... probally going to grab a set of BC coils .. my previous post was more geared toward additional hardware i am going to need inorder to lower the car .. (parts needed other than the ones i listed)
Old 07-28-2015, 12:36 AM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by illestcarmedia
I acctually Did a little more research.. and i aggree.. im not tracking the car so im going to go with an oem style setup ... probally going to grab a set of BC coils .. my previous post was more geared toward additional hardware i am going to need inorder to lower the car .. (parts needed other than the ones i listed)
you have good timing: https://my350z.com/forum/suspension/...pss10-kit.html

Here's some of the supporting gear I use after trying a few different options over the years. There is more on my car, but these are the only pieces you need for a drop and proper alignment:
-Cusco front upper A-arms (8 years of trouble free usage...single best part I bought)
-Battle Version rear camber arms (Alex Pfeiffer gave his blessing so good for me)
-SPC rear toe bolts
Old 07-28-2015, 09:59 PM
illestcarmedia

Originally Posted by Row2K
you have good timing: https://my350z.com/forum/suspension/...pss10-kit.html

Here's some of the supporting gear I use after trying a few different options over the years. There is more on my car, but these are the only pieces you need for a drop and proper alignment:
-Cusco front upper A-arms (8 years of trouble free usage...single best part I bought)
-Battle Version rear camber arms (Alex Pfeiffer gave his blessing so good for me)
-SPC rear toe bolts

Oh man .... you are a life saver!!!!! And the bilstein's are better than the bc's from what i read..
Old 08-17-2015, 12:27 AM
350Z.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have wheels: Front 19x9.5 with offset +12, Rear 19x11 with offset 25+
I also have adjustable Coilover, but I have not install wheels and coilover yet.

As what I read the first page in this thread, I need " Rear Camber" ?
Is there any thing els I need?

Thank you
Old 08-17-2015, 08:55 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Z.
I have wheels: Front 19x9.5 with offset +12, Rear 19x11 with offset 25+
I also have adjustable Coilover, but I have not install wheels and coilover yet.

As what I read the first page in this thread, I need " Rear Camber" ?
Is there any thing els I need?

Thank you
Camber kit will bepend on how low you drop the car
The following users liked this post:
350Z. (08-22-2015)
Old 08-21-2015, 09:29 PM
superlim9

Received 194 Likes on 114 Posts

What are some of you track guys setting your front to rear rake at?
Old 08-22-2015, 03:05 AM
350Z.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am dropping my car front 1.5 inch and rear 2 inches . Do I really need a camber ? and if so what is the maximum low allowed with no camber ?
Old 08-26-2015, 08:24 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by 350Z.
I am dropping my car front 1.5 inch and rear 2 inches . Do I really need a camber ? and if so what is the maximum low allowed with no camber ?
Try one more time to express what you are trying to ask
Old 09-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Mw870

Default BC racing vs virtue?

Hey all just a quick question, I've heard nothing but good things about BC racing type BR coil-overs, after talking to my brother though he's recommending Virtue coil-overs they both come to near the same price, except being my brothers car is sponsored by virtue motorsports I could get a discount there, I've just not been able to find much if anything on Virtue coil-overs for our cars...hoping someone is able to shed some light on these or if I should just stick with BC racing.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:10 PM
dragon11689

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So this happened. It's on the inner part of inner tie rod. I'm assuming this is a steering rack leak. Anyone know if this can be repaired or do I need a whole new steering rack? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:02 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

It's the rack, I have yet to see a seal kit. If one is available , I need one for mine
The following users liked this post:
dragon11689 (09-07-2015)
Old 09-07-2015, 11:03 AM
dragon11689

Originally Posted by terrasmak
It's the rack, I have yet to see a seal kit. If one is available , I need one for mine
Damn...it looks like 2nd replacement now...I'm making this car a weekend/track car. Too expensive to be a daily at this point. I have track prepped suspension. So that's where it needs to stay.

I've been having issues with car swaying left to right as I'm changing lanes or making turns. I'm wondering if this is the culprit. I've checked suspension front to back and everything else looks tight.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:46 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Doubt it is the problem, mine has been leaking for 5 years now. The weird sway is most likely rear toe.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:20 PM
dragon11689

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Doubt it is the problem, mine has been leaking for 5 years now. The weird sway is most likely rear toe.
Hmmm...wonder if it could be the bushing for rear midlink...although I've been told that rear bushings aren't usually known to go bad unless it's really high mileage. I hit about 120k on it so far.

Quick Reply: Suspension 101