Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!

Old 04-21-2014, 02:23 PM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

^^^ They are revised shocks, Stance was getting complaints from GTR owners (run same body I guess) about excessive sound coming from the shocks (princesses..) so they were revised completely before being shipped out (hence my ~5 month lead time)
Old 10-19-2014, 04:37 PM
350monZter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a really good idea.
I might do this to mine

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by 350monZter; 10-19-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:31 AM
isy_nismo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you know if can I install my tein monoflex rear springs on the spl rear mid links? Do you know the diameter of the springs!!
Old 02-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Underscore_Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have any data on the ST Coilovers (#13285002)?

http://www.stsuspensions.com/product...kit-13957.html

These are owned by KW, but would like to know the differences vs the KW V1.

The cost is about $5-600 cheaper, common sense dictates a drastic difference, but I would like to know more.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:08 PM
NickJR

i have the BC racing coilovers, had them about 2 years and 10k miles. Great coilover for the track. truly adjustable and you can tune your car so that it matches your driving style.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:13 PM
YaNpER

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

any one have a pic of their tein basis on the lowest possible setting?
Old 03-23-2015, 12:33 PM
ipodhustle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Underscore_Hero
Does anyone have any data on the ST Coilovers (#13285002)?

http://www.stsuspensions.com/product...kit-13957.html

These are owned by KW, but would like to know the differences vs the KW V1.

The cost is about $5-600 cheaper, common sense dictates a drastic difference, but I would like to know more.
if I recall correctly, the body or some part is steel vs aluminum or something.
basically if you live in a climate that snows and or rains a lot, you could see a lot of rust. also that would make a difference in weight.

I could be wrong, though. chime ins welcome
Old 08-18-2015, 05:24 PM
superlim9

Received 194 Likes on 114 Posts
Default AMR

1. AMR Engineering
2. TYPE - TRUE coilover style
3. Spring Rates - whatever you want... mine are 650/550 hyperco. Swift available at additional cost (will be on 285, 200 tread wear tires)
3. PRICE - approx $1700 shipped - depending on options. $1495 + shipping for OEM type.
4. Height adjustable via lower section of coil over, separate from spring perch.
5. All hardware included - including bracket for brake line and ABS
7. Does not have extenders - have to disassemble ***** for rear shocks and buy an extra 2mm Allen key to extend above interior trim
8. Colors are custom powder coat by builder to make up for extended build time and my wait. not sure how they would come for normal sale

Last edited by superlim9; 10-17-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:30 PM
vtchang

Ohlin Road and Track

baby snap ring... omg the detail

Nicest adjuster i've ever seen

KW v3 up top, Ohlin R&T bottom
Old 05-04-2016, 11:44 AM
rottingcat

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by xman2yman
Ok everyone, today me and brother installed the fortune auto 500 coil overs on my 03 350z boring with 97k on it. The install consisted of the coil overs, toe arms (spring bucket delete by battle arm) and rear camber arms by Eibach. We started at 2pm and were test driving the car at 430 thats including installing new brake pads all around. So it did not take very long at all but we also had a shop to do all the work at with all the tools, plus he is really good. The only real negative about these coil overs is the fact that they do not include anywhere to attaché the brake lines and we had to zip tie them on.

After we installed these the car had the entire wheel gap eliminated right away. I was worried that the car was going to bottom out everywhere because I kept the dampening levels at what Fortune set them at which if I am correct is the softest setting. I did this since R/T tuning (Lansdale Pa) will be getting a call in 48hrs to set up my alignment there and they can adjust all that properly. We took it for a drive and both were in agreement that it was riding significantly better then before, probably because the car suspension had anywhere between 40k miles-96k miles on it, not sure the amount since I bought the car with 67k on it. More sup rising was the fact that it did not bottom out at all anywhere in the softest setting, including a good 15mile soy highway in speed of 60-85 with good to mediocre roads. Even more surprising was the fact that the car was not in anyway trying to go off the road. I am not saying the alignment was perfect but damn if it was very close to is. I let go of the steering wheel and did not need to grab it all until the bend on the highway, so about 20-30secs of not touching it I would say.
Onto the road. The car feels as though it is more planted then it was before, on ramps and off ramps felt more comfortable and felt more flat at the same speeds I am used to taking them. I was pleasantly surprised by this since again it is set at the softest setting right now and it feels great so far.
Finally the final thing I was very glad to see. I was driving on the highway and there was another Z ahead on the right lane which looked as though had some work, at least a cat back on it. I as drove by it I noticed that the driver did a double take take on the car. This as vein as it sounds did put a smile on my face.
Buying these was through IIR (Import Image Racing) they took my order and gave me a very good price including a military discount. I ordered them on a monday and I had the camber arms on tuesday and I got the coil overs themselves on thursday day. Billy was extremely helpful with all the questions I had and I had a lot too. I will be using the company for future parts and will be utilizing R/T tuning for actual work my brother and I can't tackle since so far they have also been extremely useful.
Finally, I will say I am not an expert on this and my vehicles before this were a CRX and a BMW 5series E39. I am formulating this review simply on how it feels to me. So far 30 miles into the coil over install they feel great but we all know is long term that matters. If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me with questions. If I can answer the question I will do so and if I cannot odds are I will search out the answer because curiosity kills me.
Fortune Auto 500's used to be true style, then they switched to OEM style. But in October 2015 they now have the option for true style!
I placed an order thinking that they were true...until I read a thread with someone's Fortune 500's being OEM...I was so confused and did some research.
I called Fortune Auto and they changed my order even though they had already started on it!

ALSO. They now come with brake line bracket mounts and they do not come with a prevailing torque nut.

So just letting you guys know they now have the option for both styles (for a few months now) and be sure to specify which one you want.

Unless everyone knew this already lol...
Old 05-23-2016, 02:11 PM
04Inferno04

Default Fitment

Hi everyone,
I am brand new here and just purchased my Z. I am at the stage of purchasing coilovers. I took a full read in all of the available coils here on this thread and leaning towards OEM setup since my clearance of my rear rim is very tight.

Is there a performance difference in true coils vs OEM with the spring?
I have a 11" wide rim with a +35 offset - 285/35/19 tire. Seems like I have about 1/4" clearance to the OEM shock at this point. Will coilovers fit?

Sorry if these answers are here already.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:16 PM
ipodhustle

Originally Posted by 04Inferno04
Hi everyone,
I am brand new here and just purchased my Z. I am at the stage of purchasing coilovers. I took a full read in all of the available coils here on this thread and leaning towards OEM setup since my clearance of my rear rim is very tight.

Is there a performance difference in true coils vs OEM with the spring?
I have a 11" wide rim with a +35 offset - 285/35/19 tire. Seems like I have about 1/4" clearance to the OEM shock at this point. Will coilovers fit?

Sorry if these answers are here already.
Mostly everyone is on the Facebook groups now. You'll get faster responses there. Search "350z" "Nissan initiative" etc
Old 12-13-2018, 01:18 AM
tokyo-joe

If you looking for your a set of 350z coilovers this is a solid roundup