Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Dual rear calipers ebrake

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 12:56 PM
rubabealf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so far o good! No issues!
Attached Thumbnails Dual rear calipers ebrake-img0060bk.jpg   Dual rear calipers ebrake-img0059rl.jpg   Dual rear calipers ebrake-img0058hq.jpg   Dual rear calipers ebrake-img0057nc.jpg  

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 11-15-2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: pic resized and attached.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:21 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u r the man lol
Old 11-17-2010, 03:53 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Awesome....good job..

so it appears you mounted an angle of aluminum off the tranny tunnel then mounted the wilwood set up?

-J
Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 PM
rubabealf

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Awesome....good job..

so it appears you mounted an angle of aluminum off the tranny tunnel then mounted the wilwood set up?

-J
Yes it's just a simple L-angle out of 6061 T-6 drilled some holes on the side of the tunnel and bolted it into place. The handle is right next to the wheel but no to close where it gets in the way.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:55 PM
rubabealf

Well the new e-brake could have not worked better! After two days and 4 pairs of tires with wet and dry conditions No issues at all! It was so easy to locked them up, and after I got used to using a ebrake it was so much better than left foot braking and it made the drifts flow much smother when u had to slow down not all jerky and twitchy!

A few guys had cameras in the car with some footage of the ebrake in use, they are supposed to send it to me in the next few days!
Old 11-22-2010, 03:51 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

^ awesome.............thanks for updating...

due to it being a foreign object in the rear spindle design..........be sure to jack the car up and inspect all the torque specs on all the spindle bolts, caliper bolts, etc..........

be safe, make sure all is tight and holding up.........

-J
Old 11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
rubabealf

Yes most definitely! I marked every bolt to see if they are moving or coming loose, not one has moved i was checking every time i changed tires....... now my car will sit in its home till next event in mid Dec , but my left rear knuckle was tweaked in the roll so i ordered a new one witch will be here some time next week when i replace it I will be able to inspect every part and see if any issues have developed.

Heres vid of the brake being used in the snow/rain, this Track is PGP at pacific raceways
I love this track there are over 14 corners its very tight and technical you have two long straights that u get hauling a$$ then they go straight into a tight hair pin. I managed to drift the whole track in this clip.

I also never seen myself drift before.... I look almost at peace with the world.... LOL

http://www.vimeo.com/17073008
Old 11-22-2010, 12:13 PM
JDMStanced

Your steering look like from the Go kart, so small haha This is the best in car footage i've seen.GJ
Old 11-22-2010, 12:30 PM
rubabealf

ya i like the smaller ones, but when i got it i was not expecting one thing... when the wheel is lowered to where i like it... i cant see how fast im going or what my engine speed is! lol
Old 12-16-2010, 05:52 PM
rubabealf

Well I'm now teamed up with Intech racing to developing duel caliper kit!

Our new kit will be machined out with a step eliminating the need for spacers and trimmed caliper brackets. It will be a straight bolt on and any set of calipers for a 350z or g35 can be used with the kit. You can also keep the stock parking brake if you so choose. It will be made out of 7075-T6 aluminum witch is stronger than 6061 and mild steel I used in my first kit and they will be painted/powder coated.

The kit will come with the adapter plates and all new stronger 10.9 flanged bolts. The extra calipers, lines and hydro handle will be up to the user.

Prices are yet to be determined. They will range between $500-$1000 so far I'm thinking the $500 range depends on how much the machinest charges to make a pair.

The kit will be tested to the most extreme conditions and we will not start selling till we know it can take anything that anyone can throw at it!

Last edited by rubabealf; 12-16-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:35 AM
350zzzgunnar

Originally Posted by rubabealf
Well I'm now teamed up with Intech racing to developing duel caliper kit!

Our new kit will be machined out with a step eliminating the need for spacers and trimmed caliper brackets. It will be a straight bolt on and any set of calipers for a 350z or g35 can be used with the kit. You can also keep the stock parking brake if you so choose. It will be made out of 7075-T6 aluminum witch is stronger than 6061 and mild steel I used in my first kit and they will be painted/powder coated.

The kit will come with the adapter plates and all new stronger 10.9 flanged bolts. The extra calipers, lines and hydro handle will be up to the user.

Prices are yet to be determined. They will range between $500-$1000 so far I'm thinking the $500 range depends on how much the machinest charges to make a pair.

The kit will be tested to the most extreme conditions and we will not start selling till we know it can take anything that anyone can throw at it!
That's what I need
I'm also doing road racing and time attack (of cause w/ different alignment, tires and so on) and hence I really must be convinced that the secound calipper don't mess things up at high speed.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:32 PM
rubabealf

LOL well man that i cannot do. Why? cuz I have no idea what set up you are running. You are worried what the extra unsprung mass will do at high speeds. it depends on, are you keeping the parking brake, what wheels are you using, what type of brakes do you have, what kind of coils and Dampening.

The weight of the drums and shield was heaver than my first steel adapter plate, then i added the extra caliper so i added like 5 lbs of unsprung weight to each tire, but then my after market wheels i have weigh 7 lbs less than the OEM ones.

So in my experience when i got my kit on my car i did not event notice a difference cuz there really was none! also if you have a good set of coils adjusting the dampening most of the time will fix the extra weight/ float you feel in the rear suspension when you add weight.

Depending on your set up, worst case they would make the car handle more like you went back to OEM wheels if you have a good pair of after market wheels on now, except with out the rotational mass.

Out off all the drifting performance parts I have upgraded the duel caliper is by far the best one besides the KPR steering angle mod.

in the End its all how you go about it and are u willing to add some extra unsprung weight for a epic ebrake. If not then don't get the kit.

Last edited by rubabealf; 12-17-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:47 PM
rubabealf

Also do your research! I wouldnt trust the guy who built the kit to tell u everything will be fine. talk to experienced racers/performance shops ask them how it will affect your suspention at high speeds and if so see how u can correct it. find out what setup u are going to use with the kit and see how much weight t will add.

The new kit total weight is not known right now but it will be lighter than my current kit!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:14 AM
350zzzgunnar

Originally Posted by rubabealf
Also do your research! I wouldnt trust the guy who built the kit to tell u everything will be fine. talk to experienced racers/performance shops ask them how it will affect your suspention at high speeds and if so see how u can correct it. find out what setup u are going to use with the kit and see how much weight t will add.

The new kit total weight is not known right now but it will be lighter than my current kit!
LOL I like that comment Sure I will think it trough and then we'll work it all out

I really appreciate you doing this
Old 12-18-2010, 06:06 AM
rubabealf

not a problem!

The reason im building a kit to sell is that i need money to get my car build for ProAm and try and get my FD licence.

Also man heres a though. say my adapter plates add 2LBS a tire(I doubt it will add that much) and find out how much a extra pair of calipers weigh. Then find something that you can bolt to your knuckle that weights the same and see if it makes a difference.

just make sure it dose not fall off...... ya that could end badly if it did!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:28 AM
350zzzgunnar

That's a really good reason

Well I got Stoptech ST-22, Tanabe Sustec Pro Seven and ordered SPL's everything.
For drift I use OEM Rays wheels and for road racing TE37 w/ Michelin Pilot Sport Cup, that is extremely light tires. So even though I don't yet know I guess weight won't be a direct issue, even though I wont improve things... But I'm thinking maybe I can do some kind of "quick release" for the extra brake line and remove the extra caliper when not needed.

Here's more snow than on North Pole so no testing until spring. But it's great to do street drifting w/ my DD

One thought is heat - could that be an issue, making the adapter plate bend?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:15 AM
rubabealf

Hey man sorry for the late response,

Ya a quick release would be sweet! Intech racing developed a quick release for oil feed lines for turbos! I will ask if it can be adapted to be used for brake lines. It's real easy u just pull down and pop off. Then u can grab a set with the adapter plates. I just hope u won't haft to bleed the system every time u take them off!

The heat won't be a issue if you look a your stock mounting points they are made out of cast A356 T6 aluminum so the forged aluminum I'm making them out of will be fine. Also yes there will be some heat exposed to the plates but not enough to do anything. with your big brakes the heat will be farther away from the adapter then stock brakes so less exposure to heat than stock.

Nissan used to make the calipers them selves out of aluminum on the old 300zx witch is exposed to A LOT more heat. And your calipers on your bbk are also made out of aluminum.

So ya heat will not be a issue.

Sounds like u got a sweet Z! What else u got for mods? HP and susp?

Last edited by rubabealf; 12-22-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:32 AM
350zzzgunnar

Those quick release sounds most interesting
I think bleeding might be a easy one, using a Motive power bleeder

Agreed, heat won't be an issue. Looking forward to get the final product!

Well my mods are all over the car after building every winter since 2006.
First (stock block) hp, brakes and suspension and track. Then some more hp (bult short bock) and more for track, some stuff for show and still doing lots of tracking. Every winter more mods and hp (now complete long block) but I quit doing show, only hard core now-days

Got a complete interior w/ roll bar, Takata and Bride. Drive line replaced. Cooling for everything, this winter all improved and adding diff cooler. Ordered complete SPL setup, Esprit 1700mm GT wing and their rear hatch w/ acrylic window...
Hoping to get KPR steering angle kit (orded but heard nothing ) and hydro e-brake
Old 12-22-2010, 01:58 PM
rubabealf

Lol wow! That's epic!

On the KPR mod, they went bust a few months ago but keept the web site open cuz they had parts left over to sell.

If u need to get in contact with them PM me i know who to call, also Chad_everson on this site is getting his car built by Chris he guy who ran KPR.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:12 PM
JDMStanced

Wouldn't it be better to upgrade the stock ebrake somehow to work under extreme condition? that way, you say more weight than adding another caliper?

Quick Reply: Dual rear calipers ebrake