Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Dual rear calipers ebrake

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 03:13 PM
rubabealf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well u could. The stock brake was no meant to lock up
The tires, would need the project mu shoes Whitch are like 200+ bucks and won't last too long also when your cable snaps u will need a new one of thoes also if u are on the shorter side u won't be able to reach the ebrake handle so u will haft to make a extention. u will haft to pull hard lock them.

A duel caliper set up is more reliable locks them up easy, also if u deleete the sheild and drums and get a light performance caliper then u won't add any weight. It's how u go about doing it. If weight is your concern over performance then why get a big brake kit it adds like 5lbs to each wheel (it may not be that much just an example)

That's my take on it.

U can upgrade the stock brakes if u like, u will need the super bite shoes, stronger cable, and if u are not tall figure out some sort of a extention handle. A straight extention might get in the way of the shifter.

Intech and I are building this kit as a option instaid of beefing up the stock drums.

Last edited by rubabealf; 12-22-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:15 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Thought i would post on this hydro ebrake set up thats available now...for those that dont wanna mess with their own fabrication, etc:
http://asdmotorsports.com/index.php?...&productId=109

-J
Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 AM
Crawling_Drunk

^^That looks freakin pretty!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 AM
RandomHer0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow....pretty...
Old 01-11-2011, 10:06 AM
rubabealf

YA it looks F#(*@ SWEET! I Came across them when i was doing my research. but the kit was not out yet.

also it says "This is a lightweight brake kit, developed specifically for drifting competitions. Due to braking requirements in drift competitions, brake component sizes have been selected for drift use only. This kit should never be used for street or road race vehicles due to heat dissipation requirements involved with road racing or street use."

so if you want to daily well you are SOL!

But for $3600.00 not a bad price for 6 calipers and 4 rotors!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 PM
PracticeDrifter

Are there street disks that would fit this kit? Or could we just get the dual calipers with mounting hardware alone?

Even for a daily driver I cant think of a reason i would not like a dual caliper setup better then that worthless cable-and-drum nonsense, and with beefier disks (for those of us who aren't worried about weight) I could have it all.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:42 PM
rubabealf

You will haft to call them to find out, but I doubt it.

If you wait for a bit for much cheaper Intech Racing and I are Making a adapter kit that you can use any caliper and rotor that was built to go on the 350Z.

LOL then you could have it all!

Last edited by rubabealf; 01-26-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:20 PM
PracticeDrifter

My Z has the stock non-brembo brakes. With your kit i was thinking i could just get 2 more stock z calipers, lines, and a driftworks or poweredbymax handbrake id be set?

What exactly would your Intech kit come with? What other parts would you recommend to go with it?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:02 PM
rubabealf

Originally Posted by PracticeDrifter
My Z has the stock non-brembo brakes. With your kit i was thinking i could just get 2 more stock z calipers, lines, and a driftworks or poweredbymax handbrake id be set?

What exactly would your Intech kit come with? What other parts would you recommend to go with it?

The kit will come with the adapter plates, spacers for the original caliper mounting point and all the req bolts and hardware.

What you will need to get, stock OEM non brembo calipers will do just fine(that's what I used) extra brake pads, 3/16 brakes lines(lenth depends on how you route them) a tee fitting to separate the brake line to each caliper, recommended but not req is a residual pressure valve, on the handle a CNC staging 402 or the 412 (http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...-1-c-1173.html)

I would recommend the 402 series and get your own separate master cylinder, I use a .625 bore but would recomend a .75 bore. The larger bore will make it a little harder to lock them up but with my .625 it's pritty easy I just have a lot of movement in the handle.

How you mount the handle is up to you, I took a L-angle and mounted it to the drive shaft tunnel but if I had a stock seat I wouldn't have been able too.

You can get any handle you like I would get the CNC 402 its not a bad price and wilwood masters are 50-80 bucks and it's a good name brand.

If you have any more questions PM me I will be happy to give you my phone number to more easily answer them.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:48 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

^ correct.......

PracticeDrifter you can't use the poweredbymax handbrakes unless you mount a reservior to the inlet side of them...those are inline units and you want a designed master unit.

-J
Old 01-27-2011, 06:08 AM
rubabealf

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
^ correct.......

PracticeDrifter you can't use the poweredbymax handbrakes unless you mount a reservior to the inlet side of them...those are inline units and you want a designed master unit.

-J
Thanks Jason I forgot to state that the powerbymax Hand brake is inline.

For a separate brake system such as the duel caliper set up you will need a single line out master cylinder with its own brake fluid reservoir.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:15 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

YES....most dont comprehend that this is a "separate" stand alone brake system being added to the car.

I plan to purchase Wilwood remote master cylinder kit - p/n 260-10372 $85.95:
http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinde...ter%20Cylinder

Then the CNC 402 hand brake:
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...ke-p-2176.html
So long as the Wilwood will mount to it, from the Wilwood diagram, the mount holes are 2.25 inches apart. I need to confirm the Wilwood will work with the CNC unit.

If not, i see that you (rubabealf) simply cut a Wilwood foot pedal and attached your own handle....

I'm choosing the Wilwood because the kit has the "screw on type" cap on the reservoir, so i can use my motive power bleeder to bleed the system easily. I want to run the hose out of the car and under the hood....I dont want to mess with brake fluid in the car.

From there ill probably have custom ss lines made or hardline the 1/8-27 NPT Wilwood outlet to a Tee fitting to then more hardline or custom line to each wheel well. Then to some extra 350z wheel well brake line mounts from the junk yard (taken off a 240sx) to where i can attach brembo rear SS Lines using the factory clip style to brembo calipers mounts.

Spare 240sx hardline mount:

I plan on using bailing wire to mock up my hardline routing...I can then take the section of bailing wire and bench side pipe bend the brake line and it should mount up perfect...

-J
Attached Thumbnails Dual rear calipers ebrake-junk-yard1.jpg  

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 02-16-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:40 AM
PracticeDrifter

Thanks guys!

That CNC unit is hard-core! And would not fit well in my cramped stock cabin. The driftworks unit site says " unlike many other handbrakes ours uses a top quality Wilwood master cylinder." but doesn't give the diameter. and it looks like it can fit in different positions right where my soon-to-be-gone stock handbrake is.

http://www.driftworks.com/shop/drift...-kit-only.html

so if driftworks comes with (or can be fitted to) a .75 diameter cylinder ill use the driftworks handle, plus wilwood master kit for the reservoir, 3/16 brakes lines, a residual pressure valve, the upcoming intech kit, and assorted factory components.

where does the residual valve go? why is it only recommended and not needed?

It would be nice if someone offered a separate install kit (hint) that came with all the little compatible parts and then i just pick my own handbrake.

Any idea when your intech kit would be out?

Last edited by PracticeDrifter; 01-27-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

^ I wanted to comment on that too........

Rubabealf, why do you have play in your handle...you shouldnt have any at all.......loose the residual valve and let the master do the work........you dont need it...you should have straight engagement with every pull, no slop at all........somethings not right there..

-J
Old 01-27-2011, 01:12 PM
rubabealf

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
^ I wanted to comment on that too........

Rubabealf, why do you have play in your handle...you shouldnt have any at all.......loose the residual valve and let the master do the work........you dont need it...you should have straight engagement with every pull, no slop at all........somethings not right there..

-J
lol I looked into that, I bleeded the system again, and double checked the install on the Residual pressure valve everything checked out, Im pretty sure it has to with foot pedal assembly ratio and size of the master. The foot pedal had a 6-1 ratio and I stuck a 16-17 inch pole on it so.

when you pull even a little bit you feel the brakes engage it just takes a bit more distance than I would prefer to get them to lock.

Originally Posted by PracticeDrifter
Thanks guys!

That CNC unit is hard-core! And would not fit well in my cramped stock cabin. The driftworks unit site says " unlike many other handbrakes ours uses a top quality Wilwood master cylinder." but doesn't give the diameter. and it looks like it can fit in different positions right where my soon-to-be-gone stock handbrake is.

http://www.driftworks.com/shop/drift...-kit-only.html

so if driftworks comes with (or can be fitted to) a .75 diameter cylinder ill use the driftworks handle, plus wilwood master kit for the reservoir, 3/16 brakes lines, a residual pressure valve, the upcoming intech kit, and assorted factory components.

where does the residual valve go? why is it only recommended and not needed?

It would be nice if someone offered a separate install kit (hint) that came with all the little compatible parts and then i just pick my own handbrake.

Any idea when your intech kit would be out?

well the drift works one is inline as well so you will need to get a separate master and replace the one that comes with the handle. but you could make it work. mounting it to the stock location may be more difficult than it looks.

The residual pressure valve goes inline with the brake lines and keeps a very light constant pressure in the system to reduce play and you will get a more responsive/better feel.

well when it comes to install kit I will talk to Intech and see if we can do that as a option or when you order I can throw them in there.

The machine shop is almost done with the first prototypes and then we will begin some testing and make sure it all fits properly and make corrections if needed, I cant give you a date but I don't what to rush it for the sake of money and end up with a **** part. Im hoping with in the next few months but don't hold me to it.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:16 PM
PracticeDrifter

A few months is fine. It will be that long before i can justify spending more money on my car after buying a GTM HKS supercharger kit last week.

I dont expect too much issue with the handle even if i have to swap cylinders, since the one it has is already a wilwood. In fact, i may not even need a big .75 cylinder because the handle is so much shorter than yours. I will get the wilwood kit just for the reservoir and only swap the cylinder if i have to.

I expect to have to get some delicate interior fab work to make it fit close to where the stock handle was, but it will be worth it cause im used to it being there and I like things to be less obvious.

No joke on the install kit. One that is Z-specific and has some extra line for different mounting locations, and the reservoir and such. It will keep noobs like me from having to pester you guys about all the little bits.

Last edited by PracticeDrifter; 01-27-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 PM
rubabealf

On the handle it's not the lenth but where the master attaches in relation to the pivot point.

If the master attaches one inch from the pivot point and your handle is ten inches long then you will have a 10 to 1 ratio, if you have a 5 to 1 ratio Then it will be harder to pull but less movement.

Ya a complete kit or partial one is what I was thinking when I started but Intech racing was thinking just adapter plates, they have the final say but are real reasonable so I think they will want a full and/or complete kit but the price will go up.

As on all the questions I can do alot to a car for performance but I have limited experance building motors I have tons of questions and getting thoes questions answered it proving difficult so I dont mind, when the kit comes out there will be a list of components and instructions that anyone will be able to take a look at before they get the kit.

Last edited by rubabealf; 01-27-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:09 AM
PracticeDrifter

waiting on a dual rear caliper kit! any updates?
Old 04-07-2011, 03:27 PM
ignited

Rubabealf, nice to see someone is taking the initiative to make a dual caliper bracket kit. Where are you and Intech at on it? ASD made it sound like they were going to release a kit so I had purchased their hydro ebrake in anticipation of a second caliper. But, ASD recently told me they will not be selling a dual caliper kit to the public even though this is a track only car. SPD made one for Dia's car, but SPD will not sell them to the public either. Hopefully Intech hasnt come to the same conclusion as ASD and SPD in that they simply wont be selling them to any of us.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:41 PM
rubabealf

Sorry for the late reply! The Machinest working on the kit and had my templates and parts had a bit of a falling out of some kind and fell off the radar! I dont know the details.
I also been very busy building my Z for Proam drifting! But early this week the Machinest stoped by Intec and talked to the owner and said that he's back up and running and hopes to make a it up to us. The owner says to give him a second chance and that he has been an epic Machinest for them for a while. So I hope he will and has he first prototype in the next few weeks if not action will be taken!

I'm sorry for the delay I'm extremely pissed off about all of this but we will see how it turns out

Last edited by rubabealf; 04-07-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Dual rear calipers ebrake