Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Dual rear calipers ebrake

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 08:50 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

why not fab this brake setup with a factory ebrake style caliper. Should still have enough bite with good pads to initiate a drift and perfect for ebrake?

Just to clarify, i don't mean factory 350z. I was refering to nearly all rear disc cars on the market.

Last edited by rustyschopshop; 02-11-2015 at 08:52 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-12-2015, 05:37 AM
OhioStyles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoseValencia27
What are your brake line set-ups on the hydraulic handebrake. I also want to do something like this but I dont have the Brembo Z. Is it worth getting dual calipers for the Regular Z brakes.
i have an independent remote reservoir for that second caliper. are you wondering about running duals for a daily use. thats gonna be a headache. your better off getting SS lines, pads/rotors, racing blue, et.

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
why not fab this brake setup with a factory ebrake style caliper. Should still have enough bite with good pads to initiate a drift and perfect for ebrake?

Just to clarify, i don't mean factory 350z. I was referring to nearly all rear disc cars on the market.
in a perfect world i would rip out the whole drum assembly and possibly do that. in my world, the leverage and ease from my setup and still having the factory ebrake to use on hills and random uneven pavement waiting in line at track days make my setup good for me
Old 02-15-2015, 03:51 AM
rustyschopshop

Originally Posted by OhioStyles
i have an independent remote reservoir for that second caliper. are you wondering about running duals for a daily use. thats gonna be a headache. your better off getting SS lines, pads/rotors, racing blue, et.

in a perfect world i would rip out the whole drum assembly and possibly do that. in my world, the leverage and ease from my setup and still having the factory ebrake to use on hills and random uneven pavement waiting in line at track days make my setup good for me
So you did manage to figure out how to get your drum brakes back with the dual brembo setup. Last I had read you were still trying to work that out. I was just trying to make thing easier
Old 02-17-2015, 06:11 AM
OhioStyles

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
So you did manage to figure out how to get your drum brakes back with the dual brembo setup. Last I had read you were still trying to work that out. I was just trying to make thing easier
i haven't gotten it worked out yet but i will be having time soon to do it on of these weekends. i got a lil confused about ur initial question and i think i know what u were trying to say. for what i use the car for, it would be an abs headache haha
Old 02-17-2015, 07:54 PM
rustyschopshop

Lol, its all good. Thats the problem with written language. I try not to take anything personal here
Old 02-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Yaustinz33

Default bruh

adjust the shoes!!! I thought the same thing until I did that and now they lock up really good! but honestly wouldn't mind the hydro and calipers lol
Old 03-18-2015, 11:52 AM
AjPietig

I've spoke with Goerge and a couple other people with no progress. I currently have wilwoods from 2008 that did not allow you to use factor e brake.

I'm looking for a bracket to add another Wilwood caliper or any other caliper for hand brake.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:00 PM
rottingcat

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Bump for dual caliper retaining parking brake
Old 08-23-2016, 08:02 AM
rottingcat

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

update found one that retains factory e brake
http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...-350z-g35.html

now can anyone tell me if this will work with aftermarket bbk? I'm looking at stoptech.
I think it would work since the brackets have to be machined to fit the spindle/knuckle...but not sure.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:47 AM
rustyschopshop

From what I see it won't work with a bbk. The bracket won't be large enough to clear a bigger rotor. You might contact enjuku though to see If they have a way to make it work for you.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:06 AM
jdmlove1

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i will have bump this thread, as there is one thing am note sure about, i am running brembo brakes

i need this kit
http://www.maverick-motorsports.com/...aliper-bracket
and this
http://www.driftworks.com/hydraulic-...e-package.html

do i need long studs as well?

i am right now looking for used rear brembo calipers. and wanna buy all the stuff i need before i start installation
Old 03-03-2017, 08:02 AM
CFS_Z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmlove1
i will have bump this thread, as there is one thing am note sure about, i am running brembo brakes

i need this kit
http://www.maverick-motorsports.com/...aliper-bracket
and this
http://www.driftworks.com/hydraulic-...e-package.html

do i need long studs as well?

i am right now looking for used rear brembo calipers. and wanna buy all the stuff i need before i start installation
you will need to check how much threads you have left after the 8mm space out from the bracket. if you have the money id buy extended studs and have one less thing to worry about. you can always contact the guys at maverick and they should be able to tell you.
The following users liked this post:
jdmlove1 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 11:46 PM
jdmlove1

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CFS_Z
you will need to check how much threads you have left after the 8mm space out from the bracket. if you have the money id buy extended studs and have one less thing to worry about. you can always contact the guys at maverick and they should be able to tell you.
thnx, seems like i will get a longer studs.

what about a Reservoir tank? the one in the kit doesn't come with one? should i buy it separately ?
Old 07-20-2019, 09:52 PM
M1n1h4ck3r

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 4 Pistons Brembo REAR

I´d like to use the Front Brembo Calipers on the REAR break, what is the affordable options guys? Thank you so much

Originally Posted by Royal_T
Just to give you guys a heads up.. I am having a kit being made as we speak by George marstanovic.. he has a kit already made for the S13-S14 guys and is working with me to develop one for the Z33 crowd.. So it is almost done and should be really cheap to buy. Here are pics of George's kit for the S13/S14 guys so you get an idea..

http://zilvia.net/f/brakes/436143-s-...promotion.html

I will keep you guys posted. This should work with non-brembos as well as Brembo setup cars.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:04 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

so if your doing dual rear caliper and using a 2nd set of Brembo rear calipers. i found that instead of spending 60 on rear brake lines i found that VW beetle front SS lines are like 9 bucks...

M10x1.0 male to M10x1.0 female.

Doorman H93120 is the product. about 15 inch long and works perfect the the required rear lines needed for adding a 2nd brembo hydro ebrake calipers.

-J