Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Kinetix V2 A Arms CREAAAK

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:16 PM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have heard some creaks in my cusco fronts. Nothing crazy. I received my rear kinetix arms that'll go in tomorow. Ill go w kinetix fronts arms if Cusco doesn't work. Friend was curious about buying them and ill tell him to go ahead and see how it goes.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:19 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taywan
I have heard some creaks in my cusco fronts. Nothing crazy. I received my rear kinetix arms that'll go in tomorow. Ill go w kinetix fronts arms if Cusco doesn't work. Friend was curious about buying them and ill tell him to go ahead and see how it goes.
Interesting, I didn't think you could dial out a significant amount of negative camber on the Cusco's? I was under the impression that you can induce mostly negative for track purposes.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:39 PM
2000atlanticgt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In case anybody is wondering, on a car at stock ride height with the Kinetix front control arms as short as I could get them I was only able to manage -1.5° camber on the driver side (was targeting -1.7). On the passenger side which was more negative to start with and I was able to set it at -1.6° with the option to go one more turn before it was out of adjustment. I was getting 0.18° camber change per rotation (measured camber change on driver's side before and after making 4 rotations to get this figure).

Last edited by 2000atlanticgt; 04-13-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:55 AM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

My thread is alive!!!! Hahaha! I put some lithium grease in mine with the car jacked up and the bolts loosened to allow the grease to get in there nice and deep like. Wored really well because they are quiet now!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:05 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by 2000atlanticgt
In case anybody is wondering, on a car at stock ride height with the Kinetix front control arms as short as I could get them I was only able to manage -1.5° camber on the driver side (was targeting -1.7). On the passenger side which was more negative to start with and I was able to set it at -1.6° with the option to go one more turn before it was out of adjustment. I was getting 0.18° camber change per rotation (measured camber change on driver's side before and after making 4 rotations to get this figure).
This is disappointing to hear, but it's the first time I've heard it on the Kinetix. I haven't tried to get that much negative camber out of mine, but now I'm curious if it would even be possible.

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
My thread is alive!!!! Hahaha! I put some lithium grease in mine with the car jacked up and the bolts loosened to allow the grease to get in there nice and deep like. Wored really well because they are quiet now!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:14 AM
2000atlanticgt

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
This is disappointing to hear, but it's the first time I've heard it on the Kinetix. I haven't tried to get that much negative camber out of mine, but now I'm curious if it would even be possible.
Yeah, I was a little surprised myself since they are advertised as ±1.5 degree from stock. I was around -0.4° camber stock on the driver's side before I installed the Kinetix arms so with the arms I was only about to add -1.1° before they bottomed out. Not to mention I had to really fight that jam nut to get that last turn so no way I was getting any more than that.

In the end though, great price for a good product and I am happy with the purchase. The car is set-up much better than it was and ready for the driver modifications to begin.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:19 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

You've really got me wondering now. I should be buying some tires soon and will get an alignment since I've also changed some bushings. I'll find out then.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:20 PM
ian99rt

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
Urethane bushings need Silicon based grease, the white lithium grease and regular moly grease will wash right off with water. Silicon based stuff is extremely sticky, stays where you put it and doesn't dilute with water.

I installed ES bushings in my 2000 Celica GTS back in 2003. I sold it December of 2010 and not a peep out of the suspension. I only used the grease they supplied with the bushings, which was barely enough.

When i replaced all my Z's bushings with ES units i used a 14 oz tube of Hotchkis silicon grease and put it in a dedicated grease gun. This would work ideal for the kinetix arms with zerk fittings.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HSS-3101
Old 04-14-2012, 05:51 PM
taywan

After more resarch- sounds like its my compression rod that the noise comes from.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:57 PM
kno

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

omfg i see its the kinetix arms! ive been going crazy for the past 3 months with this squeak coming from the drivers front wheel when i turn to the right, only when i turn to the right. no more pulling my hair out
Old 04-15-2012, 01:42 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by ian99rt
Urethane bushings need Silicon based grease, the white lithium grease and regular moly grease will wash right off with water. Silicon based stuff is extremely sticky, stays where you put it and doesn't dilute with water.

I installed ES bushings in my 2000 Celica GTS back in 2003. I sold it December of 2010 and not a peep out of the suspension. I only used the grease they supplied with the bushings, which was barely enough.

When i replaced all my Z's bushings with ES units i used a 14 oz tube of Hotchkis silicon grease and put it in a dedicated grease gun. This would work ideal for the kinetix arms with zerk fittings.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HSS-3101
Silicon based grease was my first thought, but I swear I read that Kinetix says to use white lithium grease. This definitely doesn't mean that they are right or wrong. I just wonder about any liability issues.

I hear they have great customer service, but I wonder how they would handle a claim for a failed part if the "proper" grease wasn't used.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:00 AM
taywan

Originally Posted by kno
omfg i see its the kinetix arms! ive been going crazy for the past 3 months with this squeak coming from the drivers front wheel when i turn to the right, only when i turn to the right. no more pulling my hair out
I thought it was my cusco arm the other day. I now realized that its prob the compression arm after some more research. Id check those also.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Diesel350

Originally Posted by taywan
I thought it was my cusco arm the other day. I now realized that its prob the compression arm after some more research. Id check those also.
If it was the compression arm wouldn't that make a popping sound?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
jes1888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone have installed or has info on the rear camber kit from kinetix? I installed it today, however the stiffness of my rear suspension increased, has anyone noticed that the camber kit is suposed to have a little bend around the middle and the kinetix doesnt have that bend? I installed them like that and they fit, but they sit close to the link kit / sway bar, im afraid that in a road bump it will hit the link kit but the shop told me that as the arm was pulled down because of the bump, at the same time the link kit was pulled also, is that correct? Am I gonna have troubles with that? Please let me know, thanks in advance guys...
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 PM
taywan

Diesel--
I just heard a noise from the pass side and I wasn't sure what it was until I read about it and took the wheel off to check. Torn bushing and the noise was coming from there. I Should prob replace both bushings at one time. Just gotta find the time to get them off.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:38 PM
taywan

And yes. It is more of a popping/clicking sound compared to a squeak. Hek I didn't know. Just heard sounds and was worried. Lol
Old 06-09-2012, 05:43 PM
2000atlanticgt

Well, after about 500-600 miles my new Kinetix arms are creaking. I disassembled them when I bought them and lubed them with a silicone based grease before I installation. Today I bought a moly based grease and added it via the Zerk fittings but no change. Not too worried about it but they are "creaking" as the suspension moves, especially noticeable at slow speeds during city driving.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Rocknthehawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after about 500-600 miles my new Kinetix arms are creaking. I disassembled them when I bought them and lubed them with a silicone based grease before I installation. Today I bought a moly based grease and added it via the Zerk fittings but no change. Not too worried about it but they are "creaking" as the suspension moves, especially noticeable at slow speeds during city driving.
Mine is loud and driving me absolutely nuts. I just installed them about two weeks ago, made sure to lube them up before install.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:19 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocknthehawk
Mine is loud and driving me absolutely nuts. I just installed them about two weeks ago, made sure to lube them up before install.
Loosen the two bolts that bolt the Arms to the car.... THEN apply the grease through the zerk fitting... move the arm up and down and all around.... then tighten... but dont over tighten them...
Old 06-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Diesel350

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...-and-tech.html

Quick Reply: Kinetix V2 A Arms CREAAAK