Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Kinetix V2 A Arms CREAAAK

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 06:08 AM
2000atlanticgt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
Loosen the two bolts that bolt the Arms to the car.... THEN apply the grease through the zerk fitting... move the arm up and down and all around.... then tighten... but dont over tighten them...
Completely disassembled and lubed the urethane bushings by hand when installed about a month ago, plus added grease via the Zerk fitting yesterday. I do not think that is the problem. Like Diesel350 posted, I think it is in the ball joint. I'm going to try a spray lubricant on them to see if that works as others have had success with.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:52 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I would stick with white lithium based lube....on the spindle mount ball joint end (actually a rod end with pressed stud, but who's being technical here).

yes, it will wash off easier with water, but buy a spray can with a red straw add on feature and spray monthly, etc.. duh....

guys, its blows my mind that everyone whines about squeaks and noises.....its aftermarket and it REQUIRES maintenance = lube....get over it.

hands down kinetics made a great front upper control arm at an affordable price.....they failed on there version ones, and came back with version 2's that are shown here with:

Stainless steel construction, later added a dust boot, etc...at least they are still working a little R&D and making changes, adding boots, etc...

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 06-13-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:02 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000atlanticgt
In case anybody is wondering, on a car at stock ride height with the Kinetix front control arms as short as I could get them I was only able to manage -1.5° camber on the driver side (was targeting -1.7). On the passenger side which was more negative to start with and I was able to set it at -1.6° with the option to go one more turn before it was out of adjustment. I was getting 0.18° camber change per rotation (measured camber change on driver's side before and after making 4 rotations to get this figure).
Originally Posted by AllstarE4
This is disappointing to hear, but it's the first time I've heard it on the Kinetix. I haven't tried to get that much negative camber out of mine, but now I'm curious if it would even be possible.

at stock ride height, you have to turn the rod end all the way in, like "2000atlantic" said, you have to make it as short as possible.

i commend you for being stock height...finally, someone that wants the full suspension geometry to work in his favor.......anywho...

i dont see this as a fault, i see this more as kinetics and all aftermarket upper control arm manufactures trying to fix camber issues for the MASSES of people lowering their cars....

that being the case, i would do 1 of two things or both:

1. have a local machine shop fabricate a thinner Steel jam nut so to gain an even shorter arm because the supplied silver zinc jam nut is really really thick.

2. have a local machine shop cut about .200 inch off the tube section of the kinetics arms and chase the threads to ensure the rod end threads back in correctly.

- J
Attached Thumbnails Kinetix V2 A Arms CREAAAK-cut-kinetics.jpg  

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 06-13-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:49 AM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

and I would suggest listening to JasonZYa, cuz he knows wtf he's talking about!

Old 06-13-2012, 02:47 PM
ian99rt

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ditto on the whining about squeeks and bumps. It's a sports car thats already really low, then you lower it further and have suspension geometry issues.

You have to pay to play the game, personally I want to hear the road so I have a further understanding of the road surfaces.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:45 PM
13ino13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000atlanticgt
Completely disassembled and lubed the urethane bushings by hand when installed about a month ago, plus added grease via the Zerk fitting yesterday. I do not think that is the problem. Like Diesel350 posted, I think it is in the ball joint. I'm going to try a spray lubricant on them to see if that works as others have had success with.
Did this, and worked like a charm. Months of annoying creaks, gone in a few seconds.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:57 AM
fubar6760

Default creaking/rattle in upper control arms

If you have the kinetix upper a-arms and they're giving you the dreaded creaking noise i suggest removing them and packing them with this...

http://www.jegs.com/i/Lucas%20Oil/639/10005/10002/-1?sendroicid=bbef8492-2d00-41d6-b158-38db0de2603c&sendroikwd={keyword}&gclid=CO2syZSv1LMCFcsWMgod l0cAYg

be sure to use a very small film of this grease on the ball joint as best you can. with zero clearance joints its very difficult to work grease in the joint

Happy lubing

ASE master Tech - 6 Years
Certified advanced electronics
Certified alternative fuels
certified Auto/diesel High performance and engineering inc. Framework
Old 03-09-2013, 02:27 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to update this thread to limit uncertainty on future searches with these Kinetix v2 arms.

First off, I never made a big deal out of my z making road noises. it's the nature of a modified sportscar. But...but...Everyime i pulled into a parking spot, or out of driveway it was like "ahoy matey!!!" @&$&$#% creaked like a pirate ship!

A.) Took the advice of a few gentlemen in this thread and picked up a can of white lithium grease.

B.) Jack up the car.

C.) Attach the straw to the white lithium can.

E.) Slip straw underneath the rubber boot that covers the ball-joint/rod-end/ spindle-thing, and spray it once. (u dont even have to remove your wheels.)

Results? thank u gentlemen.

Stealth mode. Ninja wins. That's it. Nevermind over greasing the bushings attached to the frame. Nevermind jack sparrow.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:26 PM
jes1888

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Lazzy *** LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^
I did it too and works
Old 09-15-2014, 12:59 PM
AARONHL

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I put more grease on the Kinetix bushings than a Bangbros video clip...Crunking creaking and everything else that starts with C can be heard when going slow over bumps and turning the steering wheel. Even when I start driving from a stop it crunches.

I am going to squirt lithium grease in the ball joint end and see how it sounds. Will report back!
Old 09-20-2014, 04:31 AM
2000atlanticgt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AARONHL
I put more grease on the Kinetix bushings than a Bangbros video clip...Crunking creaking and everything else that starts with C can be heard when going slow over bumps and turning the steering wheel. Even when I start driving from a stop it crunches.

I am going to squirt lithium grease in the ball joint end and see how it sounds. Will report back!
Grease on the bushings did nothing for me either, only the white lithium grease under the black boot on the rod end eliminated the noises. Actually, I have only done this once when I originally posted in this thread and I have not had any noise issues since.

Note: I also modified my arms just like JasonZ-Ya suggested in post #43 using the second method - cutting the tubes back as far as possible not to get into the main U-shaped tube. I am not at stock ride height (where I want it to be) and able to run -2.2/3 degrees of camber in the front which works perfect for my street tire track day set-up.

Last edited by 2000atlanticgt; 09-20-2014 at 04:34 AM.