Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Anyone have AMS motorsports endlinks

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:39 PM
S281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have AMS motorsports endlinks

Anyone have adjustable endlinks from AMS? Search pulled up nothing. I'm about to install hotchkis sway bars and I was trying to decide between oem endlinks or aftermarket adjustable and figured might as well do it right with adjustable the first time around. The AMS seem great for the price but wanted to hear some reviews. Lmk if you have tried them.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:48 AM
K51

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The OEM really don't work well, because especially at the front, they're way too long. With the Hotchkis bar, the links will be angled closer to horizontal than vertical, which screws up the geometry of the system and also beats up the links quickly. The OEM rears will work for a while, and the geometry is better, but again, the stiffer bar will beat them up.

As for AMS, or any open Heim-joint links, you've got lots of noise and corrosion/wear to look forward to. Frequent retightening the hardware, too, which will always get loose quickly. Get a set of Powergrids and be done with it. Whiteline's would be an OK second choice, but don't seem as durable/bulletproof as the Powergrids. See this thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...powergrid.html
Old 04-08-2014, 03:41 AM
S281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. Powergrid it is, I was trying to cheap out but might as well spend the cash now than double the cash later buying endlinks again.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:14 PM
canadarob

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the ams endlinks.

Theyve been through two track days so far this year.
No loosening as people have mentioned.
I just monitor them frequentely and clean them. They have definately tightened up my turn in steering reaction and eliminated all my stock sway bar endlink clunking.

Also, these heims are replaceable with high quality QA1 joints for about 30$ per heim that will last even longer.