Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Returning My Z to Stock Suspension- looking for some advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 03:58 PM
kshotts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Returning My Z to Stock Suspension- looking for some advice

Hey guys, as you can see, I am looking to put the stock suspension back onto my 05' Z. I purchased the car a couple years ago and the previous owner had put some cheap coilovers on it. I got a great deal on it and it drove okay so I looked past it initially, but now there is rattling coming from two of the wheel wells after every imperfection in the road that I pass over. As a college student, I'm looking for a cost efficient way to replace the coilovers, which I'm assuming the best way is to simply return it to stock (If there is a better option that is also cost efficient, let me know!).

I'm wondering what all I will need to return my Z back to the OEM suspension. Based on a somewhat similar post I found, I'm guessing that I will need strut/spring in the front and then shock/independent spring in the rear? Is this the case, and is there anything else that I will need?

Here are a couple pictures, one from the bottom of the coilover and one of the top. I was also able to find a listing on Ebay of what looks to be the same coilover based on the color/sticker that's on it.

Returning My Z to Stock Suspension- looking for some advice-img_2769.jpg

Returning My Z to Stock Suspension- looking for some advice-img_2765.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EMUSA-RED-NON-DAMPENING-HEIGHT-ADJUSTABLE-LOWERING-COILOVERS-350Z-03-08-Z33-/191569710760?fits=Model%3A350Z&hash=item2c9a71cea8&vxp=mtr
Thanks for any help!
Old 06-28-2015, 06:23 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

One month warranty - those look great.

Seriously, don't buy sh!tty Chinese coil-overs. If you can wait a few weeks, I can get you my set of OEM parts from my '08. 30k miles on them, and I'll accept a reasonable offer.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:55 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Just go orm or go all up, you get what you pay for. Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:41 PM
DesertSleeper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You're gonna need springs and shocks. Your most cost effective option? Buying an oem setup from someone here on the forums, there should be plenty of them. I myself have a set of 07 stock springs I will let u have for a donation of your choice, but I don't have the shocks to go with them. The cheapest aftermarket shocks are kyb and tokico hp's.
My advice, if u think theres even a slight possibility that u will get the "mod" bug in the future (going back to stock height from a lowered stance can be rough), I wouldn't spend money on oem equipment, save up around $600 and get yourself some mild lowering springs and aftermarket shocks, which will be a far better setup than cheap coilers.

Last edited by DesertSleeper; 06-28-2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason: *