Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Rear toe is Jacked!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 08:09 PM
NFAC

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rear toe is Jacked!

Hey everyone,

I took my car in today for an alignment and found out my driverside read toe is maxed out and only allowing the tech to get .32 degrees toe-in, while the rear has a bit more room for adjustment and can easily get pretty close to zero (.10) My car is lowered but not slammed. My suspension is HKS Hypermax 3, SPC rear camber and toe bolts(pill grinder both sides) . I'm also running stock wheels and tires. As of right now the rear camber is set at -1.7 each side. Has anyone else had issues with no being able to get equal toe? Think I should go with a little more camber, maybe -2 or -2.5? Also does more camber give the toe more adjustment? -camber = Toe out?
I'm kind of thinking it could be the rear subframe bushings but I can't be sure.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:51 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

With more camber in your case you will get more toe adjustment. You are not far off, I bet -2 camber would get your toe in spec
Old 07-27-2015, 09:41 PM
NFAC

Yeah I'm so close I can see a hint of light at the end of the tunnel. If I can get it close to -.10 I'll be happy. If I can't I'll just have to get some SPL adjustable Mid links... Those are on my list of mods but I rather spend the money on a better clutch and flywheel. Thanks for the reply!
Old 07-27-2015, 09:53 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Im having same issue. -1.8 camber is only allowing me to get .17 of toe. -2 will allow me to get in spec. However i plan to eliminate all fender gap so without going true style coilovers id be screwed. Glad sort of to see someone else is having the same issue with the spc toe bolts as me. Hard to believe no one else has posted about this. Theres alot of low people lower than I that MUST be toe out of spec. Op i believe -2 will allow you to be in spec
Old 07-28-2015, 03:24 AM
NFAC

Yeah I believe some people just don't worry much about it but I commute in my car on a daily basis so I need as much tire life I can get. Also I driven my car for about 3000 miles without a proper alignment after lowering and it just killed my tires. I'll try again this weekend if I have the time.... I rather stay in specs but I'll be okay with a camber of -2.5 if need be, but no more than that. I think -2.1 is the max u can be and still be considered in spec....
Old 07-28-2015, 07:48 AM
NFAC

Does anyone here run -2.5 camber? Is it pretty extreme? I've searched the thread but couldn't find a definitive answer.... Does more Camber negative camber cause the toe to go IN or OUT?
Old 08-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Justin100

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Specialty-Products-Company-72055-Camber/dp/B000IYFZ5S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439061163&sr=8-1&keywords=spc+toe+kit http://www.amazon.com/Specialty-Products-Company-72055-Camber/dp/B000IYFZ5S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439061163&sr=8-1&keywords=spc+toe+kit

install this. it will fix your toe problem. I had the same type of problem....

now after alignment everything is good.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Justin100

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NFAC
Does anyone here run -2.5 camber? Is it pretty extreme? I've searched the thread but couldn't find a definitive answer.... Does more Camber negative camber cause the toe to go IN or OUT?
i run -2.2 and 2.6 on front i dont see any issues with it.....
Old 08-09-2015, 05:54 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Rear toe bolts are centered, should be easy to dial out some camber and get toe in spec
Old 08-09-2015, 06:33 PM
NFAC

Yeah if I brought the camber out a little past -2 I could have gotten the toe in spec. I don't want rear camber out that much so I'm going a diff route. I'm ordering a rear set of true coilovers and adjustable toe rods to get everything good. The mehanic said my driverside rear is tweaked a little and couldn't get the toe in spec even with the SPC toe bolts. It's okay it's a 07 with a salvaged title so I suspected some crap out of it. Hey I only payed $8500 😂😂 My only gripe is that I can't use my HKS coilovers unless I buy the SPL Midlinks😒
Old 08-09-2015, 11:31 PM
nizmo_0385

Yeah if I brought the camber out a little past -2 I could have gotten the toe in spec. I don't want rear camber out that much so I'm going a diff route. I'm ordering a rear set of true coilovers and adjustable toe rods to get everything good. The mehanic said my driverside rear is tweaked a little and couldn't get the toe in spec even with the SPC toe bolts. It's okay it's a 07 with a salvaged title so I suspected some crap out of it. Hey I only payed $8500 😂😂 My only gripe is that I can't use my HKS coilovers unless I buy the SPL Midlinks😒
I went the same route! No accident but wanted to ride low with minimal camber so true coils i went!
Old 08-18-2015, 07:51 AM
NFAC

After much thought I went ahead and ordered a set of SPL Midlinks... Corey from Streetstandard.com hooked me up with a deal I just couldn't refuse. Also I couldn't justify losing my HKS coilovers. These things handle like crazy. So I'm pretty stoaked. The set should be here Thursday. I may even remove my SPC camber arms and match them with some SPL's. I'm still on the fence on springs though. Are swift springs really that much better?

All of this just for just 0.32 degrees of toe...

Last edited by NFAC; 08-18-2015 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:04 AM
nizmo_0385

Dont feel bad. I went true coilovers and got an alignment friday without the toe arms yet and it aligned perfect so i could have stayed true style. The tech that did the scewy alignment rushed making me think the spc toe bolts werent enough. All that for .17 toe lol.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:58 AM
NFAC

Yeah that sucks. I think the guy I went to did a rush job to be honest because I don't see why my rear would be tweaked at all. My frame looks perfectly straight with no bends or anything plus my car took front damage and not rear. I'm almost 100% sure it's worn bushings. Had the same thing with the rear cradle in my GTO. Bushings fixed it. Bushings will come in due time...
Old 08-20-2015, 12:33 PM
DesertSleeper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm just finding out the same about this rear toe situation. I have 18x10.5 +15 in the rear lowered .8" with the spc camber and toe kit. Told the guy I want -1.5 camber all around but most importantly get the toe right. First he said it was already maxed out and couldn't do much with , but he was able to get it at 1/8 of an inch at -1.5 camber which is what I want. Not sure what that means, Im still kinda "ignant" when it comes to the alignment.....
Old 08-20-2015, 04:37 PM
NFAC

Sounds to me like that guy didn't know what he was talking about. You should not even be close to max with just a .8" drop. Glad u got the settings you wanted though. My SPL Midlinks came in today. I should have them installed and new alignment by next Friday. Just waiting on new springs and lockout bolts.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:08 PM
DesertSleeper

Sounds to me like that guy didn't know what he was talking about. You should not even be close to max with just a .8" drop. Glad u got the settings you wanted though. My SPL Midlinks came in today. I should have them installed and new alignment by next Friday. Just waiting on new springs and lockout bolts.
Yeah but now that I think about it, after installing the tokico hp's a couple of months ago the rear dropped more. I'm about a full inch lower in the back and about .8 in the front with my Hotchkis TVS. Still, the alignment guy sorta did a rush job too. Let me know how the midlinks work and post some pics if u can. Hotchkis is local to me here in so cal and they do installs and aligments. Guys over there are hella cool and do great work so im gonna give them a shot with the alignment before I fork out midlink cash....
Old 08-25-2015, 08:46 PM
NFAC

The arms came in over the weekend and my springs came in today straight from Summit. I chose to go with Eibach since I just could Not justify spending an extra $50 for Swift. I'm not good enough to tell a difference anyway. The machine work is truly flawless. I'll be installing them Thursday and getting the alignment Friday. I'll post the results!

DesertSleeper: I feel you on the cost bro. Trust me it wasn't a easy purchase, but it will be well worth it in the end.
Attached Thumbnails Rear toe is Jacked!-image.jpg  
Old 08-27-2015, 06:27 PM
NFAC

So got everything installed this morning. SPL didn't supply any instructions but it's pretty straight forward. All in all it took me about 2 hrs, and that's with multiple adjustments eyeing the toe. The only problem I came across was the ride height.... With 7" springs and the buckets at the lowest position I still have atleast a 1 1/2" wheel gap. So I'm sending those back to Summit and I'm going with 6". Other than that I'm pretty satisfied. Just from a visual inspection I can tell that it fixed the toe issue and I still have more room to play with.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:42 PM
DesertSleeper

So got everything installed this morning. SPL didn't supply any instructions but it's pretty straight forward. All in all it took me about 2 hrs, and that's with multiple adjustments eyeing the toe. The only problem I came across was the ride height.... With 7" springs and the buckets at the lowest position I still have atleast a 1 1/2" wheel gap. So I'm sending those back to Summit and I'm going with 6". Other than that I'm pretty satisfied. Just from a visual inspection I can tell that it fixed the toe issue and I still have more room to play with.
Those are some good looking midlinks brother, SPL eye candy right there.......